Can anyone teach me how to play this new Gwent?

+
For the past few days, I have been unable to win a single match in ranked. As I was saying before, I had deleted all my decks since I was having no success with them and just couldn't push past Rank 16.

I thought - okay - I suck at deckbuilding, can't build my own original decks. So I went on Team Aretuza and copied a Tier 3 deck, then changed two cards I didn't like.
Kept losing.

Then I thought - hmm - ok I really suck at deckbuilding. So I went back and copied a "Tier 1" deck (Elf control), which basically is a hybrid between control with Regis, Geralt Pro., Scorch and spamming Elves with Milva, Aelirenn and co. This time I changed nothing. I wanted to play the deck as it is.

After warming up in casual - and getting ok results - I took it out in ranked and began another losing streak.

So the evidence now points to me sucking at Homecoming.

Any tips please? There is nothing more frustrating than losing something like 12 matches in a row. I just feel like this game eludes me.

Any tips please? There is nothing more frustrating than losing something like 12 matches in a row. I just feel like this game eludes me.

Not every deck plays the same and you might be using the wrong tactics with the wrong deck. It's difficult to give specific advice because I don't know where the issue lies. Maybe you are investing too many points into the first round or maybe you are passing too late (or too early). Heck, maybe you just had a lot of unlucky match-ups.

My recommendation is you watch some streamers and see how they play the deck and learn the strengths and weaknesses. There are also some Youtube guides which goes more into the details of playing certain decks.

Besides the above, you could try to play Giant Woodland. It's basically dropping down Thrive units and then dropping down the big boys. Try to refrain from committing too much in round 1, but do at least play one big unit or Weavess, so you can consume the unit from your graveyard later. This deck is fairly good for going 2-0, even if you are a card behind. Besides, you do need to fill your graveyard eventually. Alternatively, you can save your powerhouses for last round and play 12 strength units from your graveyard in a short third round. Once you get the hang of it, it should be pretty straightforward. The order of playing units is pretty fixed: low to high strength. The biggest decision is when to pass and if you should go for a 2-0.

• RED Point
Reactions: rrc
Not every deck plays the same and you might be using the wrong tactics with the wrong deck. It's difficult to give specific advice because I don't know where the issue lies. Maybe you are investing too many points into the first round or maybe you are passing too late (or too early). Heck, maybe you just had a lot of unlucky match-ups.

My recommendation is you watch some streamers and see how they play the deck and learn the strengths and weaknesses. There are also some Youtube guides which goes more into the details of playing certain decks.

Besides the above, you could try to play Giant Woodland. It's basically dropping down Thrive units and then dropping down the big boys. Try to refrain from committing too much in round 1, but do at least play one big unit or Weavess, so you can consume the unit from your graveyard later. This deck is fairly good for going 2-0, even if you are a card behind. Besides, you do need to fill your graveyard eventually. Alternatively, you can save your powerhouses for last round and play 12 strength units from your graveyard in a short third round. Once you get the hang of it, it should be pretty straightforward. The order of playing units is pretty fixed: low to high strength. The biggest decision is when to pass and if you should go for a 2-0.

Thx, I'll give Giant Woodland a spin.

Lol I'm gonna laugh if I get beat running this too.

You could try the memes with these 4 cards and Francesca....

1. Unicorn
2. Chironex
3. Quax
4. Call of the Forest

Basic idea, losing/winning doesn't matter. The goal is to get Unicorn/Chiro/CoF in-hand and Quax in the deck with only 2 mulligans. I'd also recommend Aelrinn, Witchers and Roach. Goes good with limited mulligans. What you do is put down Unicorn or Chiro, CoF it back to pull Quax next turn, then re-use CoF to re-pull Chiro or Unicorn with Fran. 3 Unicorns means you're a winner. Doesn't matter if you win or lose. You're still a winner. It's a triple Crown. Only winners get crowns. I'd also recommend Blaze and Ocvist so Quax pulls one or the other. Because dragons are winners too.

Sorry, I get carried away with trying to find ways to use CoF. On a more serious note, play every faction. No, seriously. Play them all. Good deck, bad deck, doesn't matter. By playing them all you'll better learn the cards. This is critical to knowing what people are probably playing in a certain deck or situation.

Top Bottom