Why the Cultists' Scenario carryover is still a thing ?

+
Hi. A bit sad topic, but I needed to rant.

I have stopped questioning most of your in-game decisions regarding balance long time ago. All that was done is breeding ability to play the same card multiple times in multiple rounds. "Create", "Reset", "Summon", "Echo" etc. We all know these words so good. Reavers, Cultists, Royal guards, Simlas and Waylays, multiple Monster dupes, or years before Kaedweni Soldiers or Redanian Archers. Can continue for very long, you've got the gist.

Why to create an opportunity to receive 140+ points in 5 turns (just as example) in one round ? Without tall removals, even without Thrum or Torque. It is so insane and most frustrating thing because of Affan you can't even counter the Scenario. People play ability that was meant to be used purely for Soldiers to abuse most broken Scenario, that provide carryover for all rounds. Sure, we all have 7 extra provision points in each deck, just to include Siegfried. Even then you have to wait for several cards to pop on deck to use him and by that time they gonna get juicy points and almost all cards after purifying as well.
On top of everything above you've nerferd Yrden to the state no one ever use it. It's very wise balancing move not to put some thought behind changes and just slap them. Each card drop for at least past 2 years everyone feel powercreep. More and more greedy decks. And you remove Yrden. Okay.

My experience these days - play heavy control deck or go home.

Don't think there's even a point to ask, why you, developers, still didn't change Reavers, but the answer in the patchnote where you encouraged and buffed Clog, Mill and Poison for NG. Btw, folks on Reddit noticed that Reavers and Cultists were present in every single Gwent (Masters?) Tournament since release.

It's a shame Gwent is going to be on life support mode since 2024, but it's even more shame in which state. I've spent so much time and had so much fun with this game, but for me, personally, it became much worse in the past 1-1.5 years and "the magic" is gone. These days it's mostly frustrating experience with amount of "answer or lose" cards that beyond imagination. Currently have 5400+ wins in Gwent. Not sure but I believe 1000+ from Beta. At the very least.

PS: Summer Cycle in current state isn't healthy. I've checked game and reddit. I play games with Crimson Curse cards and Way of the Witcher in Pro Rank but you can easily say that I throw, because I use almost whole deck of those cards. People on Reddit openly admit they go and throw games as fast as they can and move one. If you think it's very healthy and sportsmanlike atmosphere, - please, carry on. Cycles NEEDS SEPARATE game mode.

Peace out.

Hi. A bit sad topic, but I needed to rant.

I have stopped questioning most of your in-game decisions regarding balance long time ago. All that was done is breeding ability to play the same card multiple times in multiple rounds. "Create", "Reset", "Summon", "Echo" etc. We all know these words so good. Reavers, Cultists, Royal guards, Simlas and Waylays, multiple Monster dupes, or years before Kaedweni Soldiers or Redanian Archers. Can continue for very long, you've got the gist.

Why to create an opportunity to receive 140+ points in 5 turns (just as example) in one round ? Without tall removals, even without Thrum or Torque. It is so insane and most frustrating thing because of Affan you can't even counter the Scenario. People play ability that was meant to be used purely for Soldiers to abuse most broken Scenario, that provide carryover for all rounds. Sure, we all have 7 extra provision points in each deck, just to include Siegfried. Even then you have to wait for several cards to pop on deck to use him and by that time they gonna get juicy points and almost all cards after purifying as well.
On top of everything above you've nerferd Yrden to the state no one ever use it. It's very wise balancing move not to put some thought behind changes and just slap them. Each card drop for at least past 2 years everyone feel powercreep. More and more greedy decks. And you remove Yrden. Okay.

My experience these days - play heavy control deck or go home.

Don't think there's even a point to ask, why you, developers, still didn't change Reavers, but the answer in the patchnote where you encouraged and buffed Clog, Mill and Poison for NG. Btw, folks on Reddit noticed that Reavers and Cultists were present in every single Gwent (Masters?) Tournament since release.

It's a shame Gwent is going to be on life support mode since 2024, but it's even more shame in which state. I've spent so much time and had so much fun with this game, but for me, personally, it became much worse in the past 1-1.5 years and "the magic" is gone. These days it's mostly frustrating experience with amount of "answer or lose" cards that beyond imagination. Currently have 5400+ wins in Gwent. Not sure but I believe 1000+ from Beta. At the very least.

PS: Summer Cycle in current state isn't healthy. I've checked game and reddit. I play games with Crimson Curse cards and Way of the Witcher in Pro Rank but you can easily say that I throw, because I use almost whole deck of those cards. People on Reddit openly admit they go and throw games as fast as they can and move one. If you think it's very healthy and sportsmanlike atmosphere, - please, carry on. Cycles NEEDS SEPARATE game mode.

Peace out.

I agree with everything you wrote. It's sad how things are now, and the constant decline toward this direction of the last 10-15 patches to say the least.
I mean, what they are thinking when they design a new card? It seems like they don't even test it properly, because if you play 100 games of Gwent in 1 week it's already clear what are the trends and the cards that are abused. And why introducing always more and more super powerful cards?
Why for example introducing a card like Demavend that can Banish and replay 3 cards? It wasn't enough to banish and replay 1 card?
Why creating Heist and making it Echo? It wasn't enough to spawn 3 Cargos in one round? It has to be 6 Cargos?
Why Simlas has to play more than 2 cards?
Why Nilfgaard has now two new cards that can play 2 units per turn? It wasn't enough to give each of these cards a Deploy ability to play a unit and then an order to give an armor to a unit or a boost it for example?
Why Pirates can accumulate 15-16 armor during a game? It wasn't enough to let them accumulate 8 or 9 armor?
And thank God no one has used the new Keira Mertz yet (as far as I can see) but I am afraid sooner or later it will come out in a crazy way.
Everyone likes to see new cards here and there, it's always thrilling and refreshing, but not this way.

New Cycle's quest much worse this time and bug or feature (when reroll top quest, all below are rerolled as well) is back.
Mutagenerator is totally okay card for its provision btw :D
And I still dont get why Cycle quests must be played in ranked, not in separate game mode. Beyond stupid decision. But dev team is already showed their incompetence, so it's like yelling into emptyness, and no, no hopes anyone cares what's happening with the game anymore.
I'm expecting new card drop on Tuesday to encourage already toxic archetypes even more and no significant balance changes till gwentfinity, 'cause they clearly stopped to care. One and half a developer working on a game is all that's left.
Very sad to see how my favorite ccg turned into this abomination.

Top Bottom