Can't delete cloud saves (Steam version)

+
I want to delete my saves from previous playthroughs, but the game keeps trying to fetch them all the time. I deleted them manually, and all I achieved was getting a lot of corrupted data files that won't go away.

I've tried disabling steam cloud, deleting all the saves, save a few times and so far the result is good, but as soon as I enable cloud sync again for this game the corrupted data comes back and pollutes my save data list.

I have contacted Steam support and they told me this is a CDPR issue: They seem to provide the cloud data infrastructure but no mechanisms to manually wipe data because this may cause side effects. Their guidelines say that each game is responsible of its own save data and they shall provide a way to handle these from within the game.

Therefore, how can I delete my corrupted save files from CP2077?

Attachments

• Cyberpunk2077_9dBkSFWLWf.png
    Cyberpunk2077_9dBkSFWLWf.png
    919.2 KB · Views: 78
Someone wrote this:
"I turned off cloud save in both steam menu and game menu, but i was still forced to do cloud saves. Sometimes the server is down and I i couldn't save the game.

It turns out that you have to log out from the game launcher. That's the key!!! "
(https://steamcommunity.com/app/1091500/discussions/0/3271312871363374237/)

No idea if it helps... (not playing on Steam and I tend to avoid cloud saves in general)

You can also contact CDPR support here:

Thanks, I already contacted them on Monday but there's no answer yet, contrary to Steam that has already delivered a few answers.

I am not interested in logging off anything because that means I lose access to content I paid for. What I want is to delete my cloud saves (which are also taking ~500MB for about 100 saves worth of corrupted data.

Hopefully I can sort this out soon-ish.

It can take a few days until they are able to reply, so it's best to be patient.

Well, I have never ever lost anything after logging out of Steam (I even tried it again just now), but as you wish.

Sorry if I sound aggressive, but I'm honestly rather mad about these issues. Every time I try to come back and play this game there's a bunch of new problems that I have to fiddle my way across like the game was released 2 decades ago, and all I really want to do is play the game on my new PC where I can hopefully snap some mods to fix all the missing/broken stuff.

To put it simple, I can play on saturdays but end up wasting my time trying to fix stuff for hours instead of playing, I get no positive results, and that gets to me.

I know you guys are doing your best, I appreciate your help.

Try this, it works for me all the time;
  • Don't touch Steam Cloud, leave it ON.
  • Launch the game normally through Steam (just having the Launcher open is good enough for Steam to recognize you're playing)
  • Go to C:\Users\---Your Windows Profile---\Saved Games\CD Projekt Red\Cyberpunk 2077 folder
  • Manually delete the save folders you don't want, but do not touch steam_autocloud.vdf and user.gls files.
  • Once you're done quit the Launcher and Steam should register what you've done with all the savefolders for its Cloud
On top of that disable Cross-platform Saves found under Gameplay settings in the game because they're known to cause issues.

Last edited:
Try this, it works for me all the time;
  • Don't touch Steam Cloud, leave it ON.
  • Launch the game normally through Steam (just having the Launcher open is good enough for Steam to recognize you're playing)
  • Go to C:\Users\---Your Windows Profile---\Saved Games\CD Projekt Red\Cyberpunk 2077 folder
  • Manually delete the save folders you don't want, but do not touch steam_autocloud.vdf and user.gls files.
  • Once you're done quit the Launcher and Steam should register what you've done with all the savefolders for its Cloud
On top of that disable Cross-platform Saves found under Gameplay settings in the game because they're known to cause issues.
That actually worked. The key was deleting the saves while playing the game, I was doing it with the game turned off.

Thanks!

CEAN0

Forum regular
How you turn of cloud saves for CP 2077

Ether turn of cloude saves for all games at...

GOG Galaxy/Settings/Game features (unchecked the box cloud saves)

...or just for CyberPunk 2077 at...

GOG Galaxy/Cyberpunk 2077/Settings/Manage installation/Configure/Features (unchecked the box for cloud saves)

...then go to...

C:\Users\*USERNAME*\AppData\Local\CD Projekt Red\Cyberpunk 2077

...and open the file...

UserSettings.json

...then you look for this section...

"name": "EnableCloudSaves",
"type": "bool",
"value": true,
"default_value": true

...and change it to this...

"name": "EnableCloudSaves",
"type": "bool",