Cant understand all the negativity (PC)

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
i don´t know why everybody has problem i play on high settings and my only problem is that i need to restart the game after 8 hours playing because of my pc temperature.
Didnt meet any bug yet and my pc isnt the newest.

My Specs:
CPU:AM3 AMD FX-8350 8core 4Ghz
RAM: DDR3 2x8 GB 1333Mhz
GPU:Radeon RX 570 8GB 1338Mhz
Installed on HDD 2TB Samsung from 2010

I had only one crash in 33 hours of play and only one instance of an NPC not doing what they were supposed to do (Jackie not following me outside after stealing the Flathead). The nudity bug is immersion-breaking enough to keep me from romancing anyone on this playthrough but I am enjoying the non-romantic parts.

Maybe this help you to understand

This is very educating and shows that Rockstar games in general are more immersive than 2077.

But we have to remember that that comparison is not with GTA when it was launched. We are comparing to GTA that has had Rockstar pour money into it for seven years. Admittedly, I don't think AI has changed much during that period. All the money went into DLC and items as far as I know. Red dead 2 takes the cake easily as far as immersion is concerned.

This is very educating and shows that Rockstar games in general are more immersive than 2077.

But we have to remember that that comparison is not with GTA when it was launched. We are comparing to GTA that has had Rockstar pour money into it for seven years. Admittedly, I don't think AI has changed much during that period. All the money went into DLC and items as far as I know. Red dead 2 takes the cake easily as far as immersion is concerned.
I'm benevolent and compare it to GTA V, but Cyberpunk 2077's AI and Night City content are not up to par with GTA San Andreas
Post automatically merged:

And I don't hate the game, I adore it and I'm just saying this to make it better.

Most people these days seem to not understand how hardware works. I get the feeling a lot of console players think 10 years old hardware should be able to run the game at 4k 60FPS Raytracing on. Which obviously won't be possible.

CDPR was kind of in a tough spot, I would have rather let them brand the game as PS5 and Xbox Series X, I guess that would have limited the QQ of all the ppl that play the game on 10y old hardware. On the other hand, they probably didn't want to do this because they would have missed out on most of the sales as still many don't have the new consoles.

While most players with decent hardware enjoy the game and give positive reviews, it is like always obviously the minority which has the loudest voice/ complaining on social media.

Remember, happy players are playing the game, unhappy players complain on Twitter, Facebook etc :p

I play on pc, I start, and i make my character, all is ok, when I leave the bar I tip a scammer, this game promises, I steal the car mmm I can't take the gun from the guy ok .. brutal graphics, at first everything well done with immersive animations ... you start to have freedom, there are no animations for absolutely nothing the bars and stores are containers of things, many foods that all do the same ... ok I'm going to eat rat I buy it and then I have to go to the inventory to eat it .... whaaat? it would not have been easier and immersive an animation? nooooo .... ok. I'm going to get an implant there is no animation, there is absolutely nothing, only a beautiful world to observe ... I'm going to park the car there is not a place ... in the middle of the sidewalk and go on the people turns crazy a cop appears from nowhere i am death. I'm loving it ronald Mcdonald. I'm gonna get high, isn't there a drug in the whole game? ok ... I can only help the police to fix that robbery that is going to be happening until I fix it, I can't be the bad guy obviously. That same police who is next to my door trying to stop the same guy lying on the ground every day ... Wait I'm in a shootout when I leave, all the neighborhood is crouched like the sky is going to fall on him and maybe they will stay until it falls..., ei but garbage to pick and weapons and clothes with colours and numbers all you want ... go to play division man... negativity? Metro gives a thousand kicks to this. No attention to detail has been paid in this game. The people who think cd prject is going to fix this just have to think ghost recon breakpoint.
Sorry but is google translator.

I tend to agree with the OP, people's expectations of their hardware are probably too high and to be fair maybe some are experiencing legitimate problems that others aren't. One big problem is that even among PC gamers few know what they are talking about when it comes to technical problems. Could the game scale better on lower-end hardware? Possibly but in order to push games forward, the focus needs to be on the higher end, time and resources aren't limitless so battles will need to be picked. And I say this as someone who is playing it on a GTX 1060 6GB, as I couldn't get a new GPU for the reasons you're probably all familiar with.

As far as glitches, yes they are annoying and I guess some people have come across more egregious things than others, but in my experience playing this game or 25h so far I haven't seen anything that wasn't present in any other open-world game I've played. This is not to say things shouldn't be fixed or that it should have launched with glitches, it shouldn't, not to the extent some people are experiencing them, but it doesn't justify all the vitriol either, get a refund if it's broken to you, take a deep breath and when it's fixed if you want to give it another go.

didn't understand either but i can say for the consoles, im a brazilian girl and i play in Xbox S series and my friend in Xbox one S so all i say here is a vision i have of this situation living in brazil and playing on the console

I was also surprised by all the negativity that cyberpunk has been receiving, i mean, i live in Brazil and a lot of people are acting like it's the biggest disappointment of the century and common guys we just saw Watch dogs: Legion being released and I literally couldn't even stay 3 minutes in the game without crashing​

I didn't have any critical bugs in Cyberpunk 2077, just a few visual bugs that I've seen in literally every console game but my friend experienced 15 crashes since the first day of release, he has finished the story and most of the side missions in the meantime

~~ah, by the way, another bug that had with all Brazilians was the BR dubbing not being available, it was only recently released for xbox, before that the game was not with the voices of the characters~~

despite these bugs, I love the game, it was exactly what I thought it would be, even though I have some opinions about additions i really love the "base game" im happy and anxious for what the future brings

I realized that many people who are complaining about cyberpunk in Brazil, don't even have the game and the people who have it, are complaining about the things they should have from the beginning like stability, no bugs, no crashes, no graphic failures etc etc

those who are complaining wisely are aware that it is not the biggest disappointment or anything like that, just need some fixes but the crowd is making memes and complaining like it's.. idk, internet is strange, maybe some evil I.A invaded the blackwall years ago and we don't realize lol

I agree. It's unfortunate that last gen consoles are having so many issues, but we should have expected that there might be problems there considering that it was the reason behind the Nov->Dec delay, and I think people are more apt to being angry than understanding despite the fact that trying to optimize for compatibility on 9 different platforms is a bit ridiculous. As for my play, I've been having a great time, not at all disappointed with the game, there are plenty of blemishes for sure, but it's nothing I haven't seen before and not something that inhibits my ability to play or my opinion of the game as a whole. I chalk up most of the complaints about the game as grossly overexaggerated expectations, with a drip of actual complaints about stability that might be helped, but they would rather whine about it than try and ask for assistance.

As long as CD Projekt Red works to fix the console issues I am content to slog through my PS4 troubles until I upgrade to a PS5 and continue to play. However, we need to see/hear them address these issues. Small issues like iconic guns disappearing form stashes, frame rate issues, etc. need to be addressed.

Here to say thanks to CD projekt red. Reading through these forums is pissing me off. So many negative people. The amount of work that has gone into this and especially during Covid, the devs deserve way more respect.

I haven't been immersed in a world like this since I can remember. All the characters are awesome, the gunplay is way better than I expected, the city...man, the city is so awesome, I can just walk around and get lost for hours.

Yeah, it could do with some polish and I'm confident it will be done, however, it's not as bad as people are making out and I'm running this on an ancient rig.

My specs
i7-6700K @4.00GHz
16.00Gb RAM
NVIDIA Geforce GTX 970

Settings:
1440P (yup!)
Medium
Turned some shadow shit off.

Looks gorgeous....plays well and I assume it will only get further optimised.

Kudos to another great game.

Most people these days seem to not understand how hardware works. I get the feeling a lot of console players think 10 years old hardware should be able to run the game at 4k 60FPS Raytracing on. Which obviously won't be possible.

CDPR was kind of in a tough spot, I would have rather let them brand the game as PS5 and Xbox Series X, I guess that would have limited the QQ of all the ppl that play the game on 10y old hardware. On the other hand, they probably didn't want to do this because they would have missed out on most of the sales as still many don't have the new consoles.

While most players with decent hardware enjoy the game and give positive reviews, it is like always obviously the minority which has the loudest voice/ complaining on social media.

Remember, happy players are playing the game, unhappy players complain on Twitter, Facebook etc :p

No console player expect to play this on 4k 60FPS with raytracing, they expect a stable game with the best graphic the console can push. CDPR simply lied to console players, hiding gameplays and stopping reviews. Playing on pc it's messy too, no one should be forced to buy a 4000+ dollars gaming rig just because a big company can't do its job.

we must be playing different games, cos this game is packed full of side missions, leave your car at the road and walk around,explore, I wander into gang turf and start gunning them down, The NCPD "bounties" that pop on the map are fun too,
There's a hacking mini-game where you have to match up letters and numbers to unlock various things. I ignored the main story just after you got upgraded by Vik and picked a direction and explored and focused on side missions/random encounters to boost my street cred early on.

+1

Same thing I've been doing. Having a blast (literally)! I always start out stealthy when entering gang or mission turf, but if **** goes loud it's time to go cyclic! My favorite melee tactic is to run up and bite bangers on their ankle! Man! They HATE that! :D

Oh yea................runs smooth and looks great at 2K/144Hz on Ultra with DOF, MB, CA, and RTX off.

The negativity from me is not from the launch and bugs, or even the nearly unplayable state for base consoles. NO for me the big dissapointment is the lack of interactivity with the city. And the clearly left behind trail of cut content that showed that this interactivity existed.
Examples:
- you can buy braindance videos, but not watch them.
- you can't drink by the bar, even though clearly based on the converstion with some bartenders you can ask for another round.
-You cant eat by foodstands.
-you have 2 joytoys in the entire city....and they are both supremely bland compared to many npcs you see walking everywhere???Sex animations are good. So why not more choices???
-apartment is useless...No reason to go back to it, nothing to do there, even though clearly you were suppsossed to be able to braindance there or do things.
-Cannot hang on the wall unique weapons to show off in your weapons room, you cant even interract with it.
. really POOR sound mixing. There are things, especially in the menu system, that should make sounds. Like crafting.
- No animations, except the start, where you get cyberware implanted in you. WHY IS EVEN THE CHAIR THERE IF YOU CANT SIT IN IT AT RIPPERDOCKS??? Just a simple sit in the chair choose from the menu then fade to black and some sounds would have been great. But no.

I am sorry but I am really dissapointed here. You could have cut half of all the gigs you can do in the city, and just replaced it with the ability to sit down and eat, and that alone would havebeen better.

I have an odd setup of a Ryzen 9 3900x, GTX 970, and 32gigs of RAM and performance and frame rate wise I'm golden. No issues so far.

The only thing i've had issues with is tattoos, stickers, graffiti, posters, billboards, and other 2D surfaces having very low res textures regardless of the video settings. I think that's less to do with my ancient video card and more to do with some sort of bug.

So I am experiencing bugs, but nothing game breaking. Just a lot of little graphical things. In the 17 hours i've played i've enjoyed the thing. The world from what i've seen is very detailed and does a good job of feeling lived in and believable. I know gamers tend to be a dramatic bunch when it comes to dissapointment and hype but i've been on the hype train since 2013 and I'm not disappointed though there is room for improvement.

So to preface - I have no idea how this is running on consoles. I've heard bad things though (but also that 1.04 has made a big difference).

So to be clear, I am NOT talking about the console versions in this thread which I believe have their own issues.

But I must have hit the hardware jackpot with my config. I'm running the game at 1080p RTX Psyco settings with all other details on high + ultra and DLSS on quality and the game world is just amazing for me. It is so immersive and atmospheric. The only things I have turned off is Film Grain, Motion Blur and Chromatic Abberation. I also have cascading shadows on medium. But literally everything else is maxed out and I'm getting 60+ FPS. It slows to 40 when in third person in the middle of the city but thats all (I prefer driving first person anyway)

My spec:

i7-9700
RTX 2070 SUPER
16GB RAM
OS running on an XPG NVME
Game installed to a Samsung Evo 860 SSD

I've not really experienced any major bugs even, and I have 24 hours logged since launch (1.03, not tried 1.04 yet. Typing this in work). The main things for me have been floating items and being unable to pick up certain items on the floor. The two crashes I have had are just when I click to exit the game (odd one)

Im also really enjoying just being in the world. In the 24 hours I have logged I've only done one story mission past the prolouge and a handful of gigs and I'm just having an absolute blast.

I don't think many people are playing this game as it was intended. Stories of people beating the main story in 15-20 hours... When there are clearly hundreds of hours of content here. You're supposed to be living the life of V in night city. This isnt a bethesda game where each questline occurs in a vaccum.

There are definately issues with the game but they are things that can and I am sure will be fixed. The loot system isn't great, and I'd really like to be able to walk with mouse and keyboard. It would also be nice to change the characters appearance and for me, the inventory management UI really sucks for this type of game. Another issue is when in a car in first person, there seems to be a strange interaction between the sun and the glass in the windscreen, making the whole scene outside the car way too bright.

But overall, I just love this game and its only going to get better. I really am struggling to understand some of the threads and negativity on the /r/cyberpunkgame subreddit etc - but also bear in mind that there is an online mob of 'progressives' who simply hate this game and CDPR for not being 'woke' enough.

For me this game has delivered on most of its promises and I can see CDPR ending up delivering 120% of them in a few months.

So thank you CDPR for all your hard work on bringing this game to life, and dont let the review bombing on metacritic etc get you down. I think that was always going to happen to a degree with a game this hyped and also the far-left mob of internet activists who you will never satisfy anyway.

In short, the game is tremendous, yes, but if the team is rested, and I really want to waste time walking and drinking something just to see a mom cooking retro cyberpunk is my choice, then if you are already resting as a developer. , give me modding tools and go to sleep, it is my opinion, you will take out dlc and content, you will repair errors and you will let the community believe, because effectively not always the most effective thing is to distinguish these "ubisoft points" on the map. If not, what is done between point ubisoft and point ubisof? Think while you have a coffee leaning on the car watching asses come and go, playing some arcade, talking to someone who randomly takes you to their apartment maybe? This depth is really necessary in this title, as I love it, I can not advance in the story until you have this and make it full ... modding tools now!. and yes THX ... from skyrim that we do not have a game with so many possibilities to be modified, among others because it has to gather the interest of the community for that modification to occur, but you have to be crazy not to want to modify this raw gem yet

You know, I started to replay Deus Ex Mankind Divided while i downloaded Cyberpunk 2077. And, honestly, after 5 days, I want to go back Playing Mankind. It's not the state of the game: I encountered only minor glitches. It's the whole... package

The game itself feels incomplete, at time certain elements (like the AI) looks like the placeholder you would expect in a pre-alpha. Night City is as impressive as shallow, devoid of any distinctive elements. Every street has the same heap of junk, countless vending machines and some soulless zombies wandering around.

Style before substance: graphics are good, dialogues and certain mission presentation are good but beneath a flashy surface there is a very shallow gameplay, poor mechanics lot of questionable choices in the development that hint that this game must have had a very troubled conception. On top of that it was clearly rushed to meet a deadline, something that doesn't make a lot of sense considering this title has been in development since 2012, unless it spent a lot of time in... development hell.

I guess I'll uninstall CP 2077 and forget about it for a year or two... Maybe CDPR will recognize the many flaws beyond the mere bugs and glitches and will patch up the game, though I somehow doubt it. The flaws are very deep into the gameplay, that I'll doubt it will ever turn into something that approaches what it has been promised to us, customers, in last few years.
What a shame and what a missed opportunity...

Im normally pretty critical of games when they first come out, especially with as much press both ways as this game but this time tried to stay positive, have really been enjoying the game a lot.

The bugs however are quickly getting worse and thats what's pushing me towards negativity. The game really needed more time.
Im still trying to keep it positive ofcourse but they aren't making it easy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom