Capcom steam sales

+
Capcom steam sales

Anything in particular I should buy?

In particular , Is RE6 any good?

Been a fan of the series since RE2 and the characters kind of grew on me.

Id like to know this as well. I haven't played much Resident Evil and I feel I missed something. Any must-have titles?

Resident Evil 4 - must have. Last really good RE game, a bitter sweet one, as it kick franchise into actionland.

Resident Evil 5 - weaker than RE4 in almost every way, but still fun to play, especially with coop partner. Don't expect survival horror though.

Resident Evil 6 - the strange one. 4 campaigns, 4 main coop duos, 4 main protagonists. Every campaign suppose to give you different feeling. Leon and Helena should give you RE2 vibe, cause zombies are back, and gameplay takes place in small American city infested by them. Sherry and Jake should give you RE3 vibe with unkillable mutant constantly chasing you. Piers nad Chris should give you a RE5 vibe with focus on action. Ada should give you vibe of original RE with focus on solo gameplay and riddles. Of course game didn't deliver on any field. It is still decent game fun to play especially in coop.

Resident Evil Revelations - quite fun experiment with decent gameplay and poor graphic. Worth a shot.

Franchise is struggling lately, and finally even Capcom seems to understand that. We have an Revelations 2 and HD re-remake of original RE. Hope it sell well, hope it will influence hypothetical RE7/reboot.

Capcom need to do what we all want, Leon and Claire in SH focused main Resident Evil game.

Forum veteran
It makes me sad that Remember Me is always forgotten. It's like Enslaved set in future Paris, and it has good music, a good story, and a good sale price. Come at me, haters.

It makes me sad that Remember Me is always forgotten. It's like Enslaved set in future Paris, and it has good music, a good story, and a good sale price. Come at me, haters.
With a title like 'Remember Me' it's easy to forget the game out of protest and spite. Also, wasn't there absolutely nothing notable about that game besides using a woman's ass as the promotional image while simultaneously lamenting how doomed to fail they were because of the 'patriarchal' games industry was keeping them down? I think I'll pass on principle.

Last edited:

Forum veteran
Also, wasn't there absolutely nothing notable about that game besides using a woman's ass as the promotional image while simultaneously lamenting how doomed to fail they were because of the 'patriarchal' games industry was keeping them down? I think I'll pass on principle.
Promotional image? As in, the "looking back" shot that has a whole bunch of other body parts prominently on display, too? People see what they want to see, and singling out that one body part speaks more to the character of those pointing it out than the developer's intent.

The music is absolutely notable. The unique characters and story are, as well, and if you like beat-em-ups and can handle learning a new system rather than having a lazy Arkham clone tacked on, the combat is also notable.

Patriarchal? You mean how the devs came out and acknowledged that they were turned down by several publishers before Capcom with the stated reason for said publishers declining being the female lead? There's a pretty significant difference between playing the patriarchy card and actually pointing out a legitimate problem where publishers drastically underestimate their audience. Conflating the two is just over-correcting in the opposite direction of annoying SJW stuff.

Promotional image? As in, the "looking back" shot that has a whole bunch of other body parts prominently on display, too? People see what they want to see, and singling out that one body part speaks more to the character of those pointing it out than the developer's intent.
I notice though, the title isn't covering her ass, as it easily could have. Nothing would be lost except for the T&A crowd.

The music is absolutely notable. The unique characters and story are, as well, and if you like beat-em-ups and can handle learning a new system rather than having a lazy Arkham clone tacked on, the combat is also notable.
Maybe so, but what I saw and heard of the combat was it was rather jerky.

Patriarchal? You mean how the devs came out and acknowledged that they were turned down by several publishers before Capcom with the stated reason for said publishers declining being the female lead? There's a pretty significant difference between playing the patriarchy card and actually pointing out a legitimate problem where publishers drastically underestimate their audience. Conflating the two is just over-correcting in the opposite direction of annoying SJW stuff.
..And you only have their word to go by about any of that, and I believe I remember they only started talking about that in promotional material a week before launch as a sorry excuse to market to the Anita Sarkeesian demographic. Don't get me wrong, making a stand for legitimate social issues is good, but it really reeked of lies with the timing of that story, and I honestly don't believe a game wouldn't be picked up just because of a female protagonist.

Forum veteran
I notice though, the title isn't covering her ass, as it easily could have. Nothing would be lost except for the T&A crowd.
And the composition would be completely changed for it. Rather than having the game's title in the center of the picture where the eye naturally trends toward, it would be closer to the bottom near the rating and Capcom logo. it'd be a mess of wasted space and cluttered information, and the color separation in the background that dictates where the title is now would appear totally superfluous unless they changed it and made it less balanced. It'd mean changing a whole host of things, all because someone can't have an ass in frame without it suddenly becoming a sexual thing. Hell, how many third-person games are pandering to the T&A crowd by that logic?

Honestly, I appreciate that they went with something more original than the front profile, head-leaning-down-and-eyes-looking-up thing that plagues box art.

Maybe so, but what I saw and heard of the combat was it was rather jerky.
Nice and fluid for me, though the system requirements are in the same ballpark as Witcher 2. I suspect many tried to play it on older hardware and complained about the jerkiness when they weren't getting good frame rates.

I believe I remember they only started talking about that in promotional material a week before launch as a sorry excuse to market to the Anita Sarkeesian demographic.
Two and a half months prior. Articles about it came out in mid-March 2013, and the game was released in early June.

I'm going to go with Rio on this, 213. I have it, I played it, it wasn't memorable, other than her posterior. I should finish it, because it wasn't -bad- it just wasn't terribly good..but it was cyberpunk.

Eventually.

Forum veteran
Hey, I don't mind people not liking the game. Even watching some Youtube gameplay and judging based on that is totally fine with me. It's definitely not a game tailored to everyone's tastes. Literally judging it based on the composition of the cover (because the rule of thirds is for pervs, obviously) and some vague, inaccurate memories, on the other hand, is something I take issue with.

Hey, I don't mind people not liking the game. Even watching some Youtube gameplay and judging based on that is totally fine with me. It's definitely not a game tailored to everyone's tastes. Literally judging it based on the composition of the cover (because the rule of thirds is for pervs, obviously) and some vague, inaccurate memories, on the other hand, is something I take issue with.
Honestly, that's not the only reason, I just wanted to address your Remember Me remark in a joking manner, initially. I'll be honest in saying, early on, when the game was first announced and its concepts were the only things we knew, I was looking forward to it. I've always been wanting for more good cyberpunk and their descriptions of the gameplay and the ideas that drove it early on had me interested. A cyberpunk adventure game where you play a character who can manipulate memories to change the world bit by bit in your favor was something that was promised and I really wanted to see the full potential of such an idea.

In my mind, they were making an open-world cyberpunk game that could potentially play without much of a focus on violent combat and more on freeform choice and consequence with maybe some faction and political play going on. But then the gameplay footage started popping up a few months from release and I wasn't impressed. It essentially boiled down to a typical action-adventure beat-em-up in a cyberpunk aesthetic that was otherwise linear and the dialogue I saw was really cheesy and corny. Then shortly after, they started playing up this game as being important for feminism because it 'almost wasn't made' due to the female protagonist, which wasn't corroborated with any actual evidence, and then I just tuned out and stopped caring about it. I really wanted the game to end up being something extraordinary that would help push the limits of what simulations in a game could do, but it failed to meet my expectations in their late promotions. In a way, Remember Me is just the same as Watch_Dogs in my book, a game of unfulfilled potential. They just decided to try and salvage their project with false claims of sexism to make it worse in my eyes.

Last edited:

Forum veteran
Ah, I can understand that. The early videos made it seem like futuristic Assassin's Creed and it ended up more like Enslaved. I have pretty broad tastes, so that wasn't a problem for me, but I can see how those who were looking forward to the initial idea would see the end result as disappointing.

I still debate the claims of sexism, though. None of the articles I read about it ever came across as them playing the sexism card so much as going, "Hey, this almost didn't get a publisher for a pretty stupid reason." And yeah, they didn't provide proof of their claims, but you don't have proof of their intentions, either. It cuts both ways.

Fine. When I get a new PC, I'll try it.

Forum veteran
Fine. When I get a new PC, I'll try it.
Hopefully you like it. Opinions seem to vary from "THIS IS THE BEST GAME EVER MADE EVER EXCLAMATION POINT" to "I HOPE THIS GAME DIES TWICE OF A TERMINAL ILLNESS." There's not a lot of middle ground out there, though the overall user reception on Metacritic is more positive than you'd expect given reactions like Sullendingo's.

Top Bottom