Claw and Dagger Card Reveals

+
1681220044815.png

Holy crap, Telianyn looks kind of insane, though I'm still not sure how this new, tactic-heavy/prepared thingie elf subarctype is going to work.

Time will tell, but I think the Heist will prove badly OP. Vernossiel, Vanadain, Isengrim, Toruviel, Yaevin are all ridiculously strong targets that all play in an already obnoxious deck. The only real issues would be fitting the provisions and playing three targets in the same round.

Time will tell, but I think the Heist will prove badly OP. Vernossiel, Vanadain, Isengrim, Toruviel, Yaevin are all ridiculously strong targets that all play in an already obnoxious deck. The only real issues would be fitting the provisions and playing three targets in the same round.
I definitely see some unfortunate cheese potential with Vanadain and sappers, but it seems more meme than anything. "Oh, look at me and my 8 waylays." The trouble is it's an 11p echo card that spends two turns playing for zero tempo. The good news is, there might be more than one way to use a card like that. I think we'll get a better understanding of it once we know what the prepared keyword is going to do.

I think we'll get a better understanding of it once we know what the prepared keyword is going to do.
Prepared does nothing. It's not a keyword but a category, like soldier, bandit or agent. It's there to make using Cargo on the same units multiple times a bit harder.

Well, that leaves NG. I really hope it has something to do with soldiers, but judging by the title of the expansion it will probably be more backstabbing aristocrats and agents stuff, *sigh*. At least Ard Feainn and Emhyr could be more playable if that's actually the case. But for the love of sanity, PLEASE DON'T BE ASSIMILATE!!!

Prepared does nothing. It's not a keyword but a category, like soldier, bandit or agent. It's there to make using Cargo on the same units multiple times a bit harder.
Yeah, that's a bit underwhelming then. Also a bit confusing with how Telianin is supposed to infuse herself, if prepared, "instead." If cargo is the only way to make something prepared, what is that "instead" about? Is anything stopping me from using the order BEFORE making her prepared? Is that passive not going to work if you used the order before "cargoing" her or something?

So a clog/Kolgrim buff. No point in reinstalling this game then, doesn't look like much has changed. Insectoids look decent but if everything else is still a toxic mess then it will just end up at the bottom of the barrel.

If you can't draw your cards then playing the game is pointless. Until they remove that ridiculous clog/ deck thinning mechanic or give other factions a means to counter it then the game will just deter ppl from playing and die a slow death.

SK busted as usual, nothing to see here.

Last edited:
Strange and risky cards. Don't really see how these will be consistent enough to become meta. Echo looks decent, Sandor is another one of those cards that say "answer me or I'll make you unhappy." And that's unfortunately become the most common theme in Gwent.

The patch is cool i really like the monster and skellige ones but much less the scoia'tel
First the elves were actually not that bad to play and competitive so i think the game wasn't really in need for those new ones
And second is specialy that card called the heist
The cards mean double
Vernossiel, double vanadain, double isengrim...
Not sure if that was really wanted, dev already had to fix Torres bc of the double skellen/vilgeforz
So why create a card that allow to do it 6 times bc it an echo card ?
Hopefully simlas is neither a soldier or a bandit
simlas and alissa were nerfed this years bc dev thouhg 5 waylay was to much powerful.
Now we can have 9 Waylay if we get a good draw.

The patch is cool i really like the monster and skellige ones but much less the scoia'tel
First the elves were actually not that bad to play and competitive so i think the game wasn't really in need for those new ones
And second is specialy that card called the heist
The cards mean double
Vernossiel, double vanadain, double isengrim...
Not sure if that was really wanted, dev already had to fix Torres bc of the double skellen/vilgeforz
So why create a card that allow to do it 6 times bc it an echo card ?
Hopefully simlas is neither a soldier or a bandit
simlas and alissa were nerfed this years bc dev thouhg 5 waylay was to much powerful.
Now we can have 9 Waylay if we get a good draw.
Yeah, but this waylay strategy is kind of meme and you can't rely on it in every match. Personally I don't prefer to use Vanadain combined with new ST cards, there are many different strategies which could be even better than x1000 waylay :)

Dear comunity card testers and designers,
at this point im pretty sure its a waste of time, but.... new NR cards + dwims + teleports = about 100+ points
Add a random arch griffin and defender from temple, and the game is perfectly balanced, coz we have access to 6 heatwaves in our decks
Its as if no one learned anything from the tyr na lia fiasco or, in that matter, anything that happened over the past year :(

Dear comunity card testers and designers,
at this point im pretty sure its a waste of time, but.... new NR cards + dwims + teleports = about 100+ points
Add a random arch griffin and defender from temple, and the game is perfectly balanced, coz we have access to 6 heatwaves in our decks
Its as if no one learned anything from the tyr na lia fiasco or, in that matter, anything that happened over the past year :(
I couldn't agree more. I am very close to abandon this game.

Dear developers,
what will be the legacy of this game?
Have you ever tried to play 500 games of Gwent, only to see that one after the other players spawn 4 (or 8) Ace up the sleeve, 8 copies of Waylay, 18 copies of Reavers, use 3 copies of your favourite card against you, create 7 copies of Tibor, 4 copies of Gernichora, score 45 points with 3 Harmony cards in the blink of an eye, score 200 points with 10 Cultists cards without any effort, drown you with Rain or freeze you with Frost every single turn, play a bomb and Cataclysm every single turn, use Drakenborg to boost units by 28-30 points 5 times in a row, abuse Melitele temple or Magic Compass to have 2-3 free legendary cards without the need to have them in your deck?
Have you ever tried to spend an hour making a creative deck that no one is using, only to see that it's useless because then all the players you face use always the same meta decks that even my grandma (if she was alive) could use to win without any effort?
Are you happy that players forfeit as soon as they see a certain opponent's leader ability?
What is the point of climbing to Pro Rank if then the majority of the opponents you find there uses Golden Nekker decks?
Why the only moment in which (balance-wise) we can breath fresh and healthy air is the Seasonal Mode Bearly Balanced which lasts only few days?
There seem to be an inflation of broken cards or mechanics, not supported by a subsequent effort to balance things.
So before quitting, I challenge you to stay and double your effort, rather than leaving the game at the end of the year. Change your plan.
This is potentially the best card game in the world and, if it will not be broken or binary but properly balanced, it will grow esponentially and for sure it will be also financially profitable for you. There are players from all the continents😃

Best regards

Last edited:
I couldn't agree more. I am very close to abandon this game.

Dear developers,
what will be the legacy of this game?
Have you ever tried to play 500 games of Gwent, only to see that one after the other players spawn 4 (or 8) Ace up the sleeve, 8 copies of Waylay, use 3 copies of your favourite card against you, create 7 copies of Tibor, 4 copies of Gernichora, score 45 points with 3 Harmony cards in the blink of an eye, score 200 points with 10 Cultists cards without any effort, drown you with Rain or freeze you with Frost every single turn, play a bomb and Cataclysm every single turn, use Drakenborg to boost units by 28-30 points 5 times in a row, abuse Melitele temple or Magic Compass to have 2-3 free legendary cards without the need to have them in your deck?
Have you ever tried to spend an hour making a creative deck that no one is using, only to see that it's useless because then all the players you face use always the same meta decks that even my grandma (if she was alive) could use to win without any effort?
Are you happy that players forfeit as soon as they see a certain opponent's leader ability?
What is the point of climbing to Pro Rank if then the majority of the opponents uses Golden Nekker decks?
Why the only moment in which (balance-wise) we can breath fresh and healthy air is the Seasonal Mode Bearly Balanced which lasts only few days?
There seem to be an inflation of broken cards or mechanics, not supported by a subsequent effort to balance things.
So before quitting, I challenge you to stay and double your effort, rather than leaving the game at the end of the year. Change your plan.
This is potentially the best card game in the world and, if it will not be broken or binary but properly balanced, it will grow esponentially and for sure it will be also financially profitable for you. There are players from all the continents😃

Best regards
Yes, I agree with every word you've written.

Top Bottom