The Tide Rises Card Reveals

+
I admit i am still in quite low ranks due to prolonged inactivity, so i havent faced much fierce opposition. But i have to disagree with you:
Heist is definitely best in R1 and R3, but on R1 opponents rarely have the tools to deal with multiple 7pt cards, and since Angus is guaranteed to be in hand i only need to find Heist. And that i can commit leader charges because in R3 it can overswarm easily.
To have multiple 7pt cards you would also need to find Vanadain. But I already mentioned that if you do find those two cards in R1, this is where you are getting the best and MOST of the value out of Heist. I guess you're disagreeing that it's very hard to win R1 with Heist. If so, we will continue to disagree. One, losing both, Vanadain and Angus to control is NOT rare. Two, even if one or both of those cards somehow survive, it doesn't help with round control, because unlike the R3 payoff cards, replaying Angus and Vanadain with Heist generates ZERO tempo, because they are purely carryover cards. Committing leader charges in R1 is also very iffy for several reasons.
On R3 tempo matters less, as you said, and trap decks love to play uninteractive for as long as they can, having an extra turn of uninteractivity is great, and playing Riordain is great, as it can play multiple threats in 1 turn which not even the most control-heavy decks can deal with.
The extra turn of uninteractivity is great, but I feel like you're mixing up a "heist deck" with a "trap deck." Trap decks USED to love playing uninteractive, but a spring nerf took care of that love. Heist is much less useful in a trap deck, IMO. A Heist Waylay deck (or non-spam heist elf deck) will usually only have 4 traps, and while you're avoiding bricking yourself on waylays, you will need to make sure that you have one trap (probably only one) in hand together with Riordain, which, to me, sounds like a pretty low-percentage play. With these decks having virtually no room for tutors, I find myself using Riordain for R1 thinning/tempo more often than not.
On a R2 push by opponent, im pretty sure you are supposed to mulligan it, try to get it later on R3 if it's long enough to get value. I cant believe ive seen streamers in pro rank do this mistake again and again, dont they know Gwent tryharders always push R2 even when they are not supposed to, and against elf / traps they are actually supposed to (unless they're Svalblod and can do massive wide damage with last say).
Same as above here. You can't mulligan it away, because there is nothing to tutor it with later, and your deck is unthinned mess as it is already. I mean, you probably still SHOULD if you lose R1, but if you're as lucky as I am, you aren't finding that heist in R3.
Overall, i agree Heist is not as reliable as Fucusya and AA, but it does have a much higher point ceiling.
Sure, higher ceiling, but also a MUCH lower floor. Like, nonexistant floor. Which, name another echo card that has that.

DRK3

Forum veteran
To have multiple 7pt cards you would also need to find Vanadain. But I already mentioned that if you do find those two cards in R1, this is where you are getting the best and MOST of the value out of Heist. I guess you're disagreeing that it's very hard to win R1 with Heist. If so, we will continue to disagree. One, losing both, Vanadain and Angus to control is NOT rare. Two, even if one or both of those cards somehow survive, it doesn't help with round control, because unlike the R3 payoff cards, replaying Angus and Vanadain with Heist generates ZERO tempo, because they are purely carryover cards. Committing leader charges in R1 is also very iffy for several reasons.

The extra turn of uninteractivity is great, but I feel like you're mixing up a "heist deck" with a "trap deck." Trap decks USED to love playing uninteractive, but a spring nerf took care of that love. Heist is much less useful in a trap deck, IMO. A Heist Waylay deck (or non-spam heist elf deck) will usually only have 4 traps, and while you're avoiding bricking yourself on waylays, you will need to make sure that you have one trap (probably only one) in hand together with Riordain, which, to me, sounds like a pretty low-percentage play. With these decks having virtually no room for tutors, I find myself using Riordain for R1 thinning/tempo more often than not.

Same as above here. You can't mulligan it away, because there is nothing to tutor it with later, and your deck is unthinned mess as it is already. I mean, you probably still SHOULD if you lose R1, but if you're as lucky as I am, you aren't finding that heist in R3.

Sure, higher ceiling, but also a MUCH lower floor. Like, nonexistant floor. Which, name another echo card that has that.
Yeah, i should have clarified which version i used. I do not use Vanadain + Simlas, nor Vernossiel (although the latter is probably a mistake and i need adjustments to fit her in, if i start having trouble winning with that deck). I use Oneiro and Aelirenn to help with consistency and thinning, and use Eldain to convert my traps into deadeyes.

I am using 5 traps and heist and i had no trouble avoiding the spring mechanic (but i learned the hard way, through a lot of mistakes). Mostly due to Riordain and leader charges, with some careful placement i could place a lot of traps avoding spring.

Now i moved on to a much "meme-er" deck with ALL 10 possible traps, heist, that horrible card that brings 2 traps from deck, iorveth and 2 hostage takers to try and get them to seize 7-8 units. The traps and 2 specials only allow the remaining 13 cards to be units, so its a big mess, but quite fun.

Yeah, i should have clarified which version i used. I do not use Vanadain + Simlas, nor Vernossiel (although the latter is probably a mistake and i need adjustments to fit her in, if i start having trouble winning with that deck). I use Oneiro and Aelirenn to help with consistency and thinning, and use Eldain to convert my traps into deadeyes.

I am using 5 traps and heist and i had no trouble avoiding the spring mechanic (but i learned the hard way, through a lot of mistakes). Mostly due to Riordain and leader charges, with some careful placement i could place a lot of traps avoding spring.

Now i moved on to a much "meme-er" deck with ALL 10 possible traps, heist, that horrible card that brings 2 traps from deck, iorveth and 2 hostage takers to try and get them to seize 7-8 units. The traps and 2 specials only allow the remaining 13 cards to be units, so its a big mess, but quite fun.
My trap deck has 8 traps with Iorveth and Iorveth Gambit (which is a great card now! not horrible at all), 2 hostage takers, Hattori, but no heist. I would have to cut out Verno to make room for heist, and that just seems crazy in a deck that vomits boosted deadeyes. And if I cut out the gambit, there's no thinning left. Though... replaying 5-point hostage takers does sound fun. Maybe I'll try it

Top Bottom