[CLOSED] So HDR. Is it unable to be turned on in Win 7? Or is it just still broken.

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
So I just bought a wide color gamut HDR monitor. (101% NTSC, 141% sRGB, supports HDR600)
I was looking forward to trying it in CP2077. However, I can't enable it.
After looking the problem up I found that A ) It has to first be enabled in Windows and B ) HDR is broken in CP2077.
Surely there's a way to enable it. This is super frustrating. Or perhaps I'm just totally fsked trying to use HDR in Win 7. I don't know if I have any other games that support it. And if it's solely a Win 7 issue I suppose HDR videos won't be HDR either. <sigh>

Yes, I'm in Win 7. I don't want to hear about it. Win 10 was brand new when I built this machine. I do not like the direction Windows has taken. But there's many apps I can't use current versions of due to being in Win 7 still. So I may begrudgingly attempt an "upgrade" to Win 10 on this system, but I have low expectations. Plus it'll take hours.

Yes, I'm in Win 7. I don't want to hear about it. Win 10 was brand new when I built this machine. I do not like the direction Windows has taken. But there's many apps I can't use current versions of due to being in Win 7 still. So I may begrudgingly attempt an "upgrade" to Win 10 on this system, but I have low expectations. Plus it'll take hours.
There are chances that the next update/patch on Cyberpunk won't run at all on Win 7 (or at least, CDPR won't test the game on Win 7 at all, so maybe bugs, crashes and all sort of issues...) :(

"Due to technical limitations of non-native DirectX 12 implementation on Windows 7, and the end of, or limited, support for graphics drivers, game updates will not be supporting Windows 7 after June 15, 2022"

The HDR setting in the latest CP2077 is somewhat better than it used to be, but Windows 11 also gives you the option to leave CP2077's HDR turned off, and enable 'auto-HDR' in the Windows display settings. It works pretty well.

Certain features like HDR, DLSS, G-Sync, etc. need the correct GPU, monitor, and Windows version in order to function. If any one of those things are not correct, then the feature will not be available.

yea its probably time, i would go win 11 tho since HDR is better on it. Win10 can be a bit annoying at times with HDR.
I agree here. I needed to buy a new system quickly and got "stuck" with Windows 11. Now that I've used it for a while, I must admit -- it's a LOT better than Windows 10. Pretty robust, great gaming performance with minimal tweaking needed for Windows itself, and its backwards compatibility is some of the best I've ever seen. Good stuff!

Yeah, um. This system isn't even remotely close to the required specs for Win 11. Win 10 is the best this system can do. Like I said, Win 10 was brand new when I built this machine.
As to buying a new machine ... No chance. Deep poverty. Computer equipment is stupid expensive right now. Not gonna happen for .... awhile. On the scale of years.
My monitor and gfx card are fully capable of HDR and wide color gamut.

Anyhow, consider the topic closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom