Please fix Reaver’s ability so it isn’t broken in Gwentfinity

+
It’s the only card that can be broken in the balance council and all because it wasn’t changed like Ciri and Nekker were.

Its effect should be changed to “Spawn a 1-power copy of self to this row.”

But wait?? Wouldn’t that mean the spawned copy can also spawn copies of itself? NO! Because it’s not a base copy. Cards that someone a base copy of self have everything the way it is in the deckbuilder, with the original stats and order available to use. If it’s just a copy (at 1-power), it won’t be able to use its order as the original already used its order.

It doesn’t matter what words they use. The point is that no matter what power the original is, it can spawn a 1-power copy of itself that can’t use its order ability. The only reason it can’t is because the effect is worded to spawn a copy that is 1 base power less than self, rather than just spawning a 1-power copy that can’t use its order ability.

It’s fine that it was nerfed, but it shouldn’t be made to be broken just because of the way it’s coded. I understand devs aren’t changing cards anymore, but please do this last fix so it doesn’t remain the only functionally broken card in the game. If Ciri: Nova and Golden Nekker could receive protections against nerfs bricking their effects, this card should too.

A second problem with "REAVER’S":
after blocking the card can be replayed with a "teleportation"
But after perlaying the "REAVER’S" does not have the active "order" funktion anymore.
It does not matter, if it had been used before blocking ore not.

The same problem has the "scout" as well

Right now, the card is not working at all - it cannot spawn a copy! All of this happened, after the council patch today

I just made a post about this somewhere. A reaver deck is no longer viable because Reaver Hunters power was changed to 1. Starreader is right. The order doesn't work because of the wording. Unless Reaver Hunters is returned to 2 power it can't spawn a copy of itself. I'm not a fan of this new Balance Council. Its result is that things will be changed every month just for the sake of changing them. I am an advocate of if it's not broken don't fix it. There are a lot of cards people don't like playing against. That doesn't mean they need to be changed. Use them if they're that good. Everyone has access to them. Or find creative ways to nullify them. I'm fairly new to this game and so am constantly changing my decks as I get new cards. I'm not a fan of all the changing unless something is actually not working correctly.

Last edited:

DRK3

Forum veteran
You have Power Shift seasonal starting today, probably the only mode where Reaver Hunters still work (and dominate) :ohstopit:

Well while I actually don't mind at all when that degeneracy is being nerfed into unplayability they probably should just remove them* and Selfeater** from the power change card pool so that we're only able to change their provision cost.

*obviously revert them to 2 power before

**if he should go down to 1 power it would be a similar case although you still would have the ability to increase its base power after playing relicts

Last edited:
Top Bottom