Console Controller Support & Radio Suggestion

+
I think Cyberpunk has come a very long way and it’s beyond incredible. I have played over 30 hours so far on the Series X with pretty much no issues, but there are a few small things I would like to address. Could you please either add a custom control scheme or add a few other schemes that change the run/dash button to something besides mashing in L3/R3. It is extremely annoying always needing to mash in the joystick and half of the time it's even non-responsive. This is a very small thing to address and there's no reason why it shouldn't be implemented, this game is so close to being perfect.

I'm glad to see the radio volume was addressed, but it wouldn't hurt to increase the sound a little more. A great option may be to add an option in the Audio Menu called Radio Boost. Some of us really like to hear that music play as we drive. When you activate the boost, it doubles the radio sound volume from where you have it now. This feature would be a lovely edition. The last suggestion is adding a Walkman in the player home, picking this up lets the player play stations on the go. Your music will even play while reading an article in game.

I believe your team to be truly dedicated and hope that these requests may be considered.

I think Cyberpunk has come a very long way and it’s beyond incredible. I have played over 30 hours so far on the Series X with pretty much no issues, but there are a few small things I would like to address. Could you please either add a custom control scheme or add a few other schemes that change the run/dash button to something besides mashing in L3/R3. It is extremely annoying always needing to mash in the joystick and half of the time it's even non-responsive. This is a very small thing to address and there's no reason why it shouldn't be implemented, this game is so close to being perfect.
Maybe I misunderstood, but you mean dodge/dash are on a stick button for you?
For me, dodge/dash is now on B, which is great so far. Running and croutching are on stick buttons, but well, it's not if there are much other possibilities... The main reason why I use a Razer controller instead of the original one. It allow you to assign stick button to "real" buttons between LB/RB and LT/RT(Elite controller also allow it).

The only issue that I have with the new controls, it's when you holding a weapon, if you quick clic on the scanner to scan your surroundings, you perform a quick melee attack too.

Yes, the dash with the B is fine, i was talking about running and crouching with the stick buttons. I will check into the other things you speak of. Full mapping like Bethesda has always done would be wise. Without full mapping, the Resident Evil 2, 3 and 4 remakes have done it the best by letting players have the perfect setup.

Yes, the dash with the B is fine, i was talking about running and crouching with the stick buttons. I will check into the other things you speak of. Full mapping like Bethesda has always done would be wise. Without full mapping, the Resident Evil 2, 3 and 4 remakes have done it the best by letting players have the perfect setup.
I give up on xbox original controllers since a while, it's annoying to have to click on sticks (not very easy anyway if the stick is full at left/up/down/right). And then, I had the feeling the sticks old quicker (start to make noise or have weird behavior). It's way (way, way, way^^) better to have button just below LB/LB.
So I never used once my XB1, XB1x and Series X controllers, they're all new :D

On the Razer I currently use. M1 and M2 replace my sticks, so convenient :)
(with the app, in theory, no matter if a game allow a "remap", you can do a special profil for it and do whatever you want)
Capture d’écran 2023-10-10 à 00.32.00.jpg

Last edited:
I think there may be more going on here also. I tried looking on reddit and I did find others talking about it. As a way to test it, I changed the L3 with even the A in the settings, and it is still funny. Sure, I no longer need to mash in the stick, but the big problem is that the run button regardless of how I map it is not 100% responsive. I often need to hit whatever it is mapped to a few times for it to register, it's very selective on when the character decides to run. The people on reddit I saw talking about it being a dead zone issue and needing to change the inner and outer zone. I have tried a few options, but it still does it, some are saying this needs to be patched. This is really killing the entire game for me considering running is a vital part of combat.

On my side, I don't have any issue for running, always one single click on the button to run. But I heard that some had issue in the past... Might be due to my controller, not sure :(
So yeah, if you click and nothing happen... it's quite annoying.
Maybe you should try contact the support in case. If no one has ever done it, CDPR won't look into it ("contact us" button).

I don't think I will be playing this ever again; I'm beyond pissed off. After 40 hours of playtime, I got hit with the "Phantom Liberty did not install correctly glitch", which causes every save file to go bust. I tried looking into this and it seems to be very well known and random when it happens. Even after a reinstall it does it. I got 1 save file to work, but had to go 10 hours back, then the game came to a very low FPS crawl and even crashed my soundbar to where that bad to be reset. This game simply can't be trusted, they really did us dirty on this. Over 30 years of gaming and I have played well over 1,000 games, not once have I even seen crap like this. I'm done.

Top Bottom