CP2077 - Upgrading gear crashes the game

+
As stated as the topic, seemingly upgrading any piece of gear - whether it be a weapon or piece of clothing to max and then proceeding to upgrade the rarity on said equipment causes the game to crash.

I tried upgrading Johnny's glasses, with the Blue rarity to max and then tried upgrading it to Epic rarity - which causes the game to crash. I've done this to several Iconic weapons as well and the result is the same where I am forcefully booted of the game and is given an error message to send the crash report - I've conducted this several times in different circumstances and the result is the same no matter what.

Hey there,

This is an issue for me as well, it happen whenever you tried to upgrade specific items after crafting it straight away.

But there's a solution to prevent this from happening though, so instead of upgrading it straight away after crafting...make sure you exit the crafting/upgrade tab to the main menu. Afterwards go back to the Crafting/Upgrade tab again and repeat until your rarity reach to your liking (Rare/Epic & Legendary).
Once that is done you can go ahead and upgrade it to your heart's content. It won't crash like before.

Played this on PC by the way, not sure it's happening on console though.

Top Bottom