Crouching triggers "Skip Ahead" prompt [BUG]

+
I recently caught a nasty bug that unfortunately cannot be fixed by simply reloading a save file or rebooting the game. Unless I load up an old save file, then it actually gets fixed. But I would lose a lot of progress by doing so. That's not cool!

So here's whats happening: Whenever I crouch (happens randomly), the game gives me the "Skip Ahead" prompt in the bottom right corner. This prompt isn't supposed to happen outside of dialogues. But I must have bugged my save file at some point and now when I press C to toggle crouch, I am unable to crouch and the game is doing the distortion effect on my screen, the one that triggers when you skip dialogues with NPC's.

If I happen to use the slow down cyberware and activate it and get this crouching bug, my character basically freezes in place. I can't shoot, I can't move, I can't do anything. I have to wait till the slow down is over before I can move again.

This bug occurs even if I press CTRL to crouch instead. It's really odd. The distortion effect doesn't show up, but my character freezes up for a moment. It's essentially the same deal.

TLDR: Crouching triggers "Skip Ahead" prompt at random and plays skipping animation and locks me in place for the duration of time. Can't shoot, can't move, can't do anything for 2 to 3 seconds. Crouching is completely bugged for me on recent save files. Loading old save files fixes it. But that's not an option for me.

Last edited:
Top Bottom