Cyberpunk 2077 - Your Ideas For A Dream RPG

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm having a replay of DOOM 2016 rn and I was thinking that the weapon feeling and ennemies body reaction to impact are really awesome! I hope you get some inspiration from that for the gunfight in cyberpunk.

We've seen some gunfight in the demo and for a work in progress it was already very good. I hope you will spend time and resources to make these gunfight a key feature un CB gameplay especially since you've chosen the FPV. I see really good potential from what have been shown with dismemberment, dash and double jump, melee weapon...

I'm thinking of special abilities for solo oriented players that will enable special finish move (I must confess I love the finish animation of Doom :) ), integrated weapon (mantis blade already confirmed :p)
Also, we havent seen much about the weapon upgrading system and I guess there are a few really cool thing that could happen there.
Finally, please make some great combat AI, it's really something often scamped or average and I can't remember the last time I have been marked by an enemy AI. Sure it is probably some hard chalenge to create an awesome AI in such a complex game as CB20177 is.

I hope this message will be informative, I was just trying to give ideas that would help (imo) this game to be greater than it already looked!

It's my first post on the forum, I'm a big fan of the game! Very excited and looking forward to see more at E3! Thanks CDProjectRED for what your are doing, take your time, make the greatest game ever! <3

Their would defiantly would need to be a handshake between the track Ir 5 with the adaptive controller and the trackir software for this to work.

I am no coder, but this sounds like something that you could make happen universally. First, you'd need to find a coder :p, and then you'd need to perform a little surgery on an Xbox controller. Since the thumbsticks are analog inputs, it would probably require only a bit of code to interpret IR head-tracking as continuous, analog inputs by directly removing one of the thumbsticks and physically rewiring it to receive input data from the tracker.

You'd likely need to rout it through a laptop or something to do the data conversion. I wouldn't imagine the results would be very pretty, but that should mean that you could use head-tracking for ALL of your games thereafter.

Maybe start with something like this as a base. I used that trick for years while I was teaching. It cost about $80 total to set it up, and frankly, it worked far better than many of the super-expensive whiteboards that I've used over time. I'd imagine the same concept could be used to replace the input commands on a gamepad without things getting too nuts.

I have been looking into the adaptive's controller support and I think but am not sure, but from what I've looked up it supports track ir. also, that quad stick device is great for thoughts Individuals. but it sure does look strange. Reminds me something off of a scifi movie. But all and all I have hope that project cd red will incorporate the tools for all individuals to enjoy their titles. Also, I created a script that runs in freepie that allows the track ir to work in any game. however, the problem is that when you turn your head 360 degrees and then return to center the camera will return to center but when you move the player character even though the has re-centered, when you walk the view is still in the previous viewing direction. and in order for me to fix this issue I have to have my fight stick roters mapped to left and right camera. now if project cd red could make it where the camera follows the players movement then this wouldn't be a issue.
Post automatically merged:

Sigifey that will remote concept is interesting, and yes I could see this working for track ir.

Last edited:
Hopefully it will lead to some sort of solution. The one thing I could "complain" about with the simulated whiteboard was that it was super-sensitive. It would detect any infrared input within the active area. (Kids with laser pointers had a field day.)

I see. that could be a good thing, however, I can see the down fall.

Well, if there were a super-simple solution, we'd already have it as a standard control option. :sneaky: I can imagine it will be a bit of a project, but probably far from impossible.

As for that being included as a standard control mechanism built into the game, I'm not so sure. IR headtracking never really caught on in a big way, so spending time and resources to work it into the game may not be a wise investment. That's not stopping others from developing something more robust for the niche, though.

This trailer looks awesome and if you want a view from someone who loves pvp:

MMO with anywhere-enabled PvP please. I'd like to be able to shoot, hack and with guild inclusion, have the ability to mark specific players for kills to help make open world pvp even better with guild/gang-wars. I'd also like the ability that guilds can be an even larger faction than the game-creator's premade in-game factions. Tagging/billing walls options. In place of leveling, just normal knowledge and armor / weapon upgrades would be awesome and it'd make a modern game if those armors and weapons would be dropped on a players PVP death so it's open for the taking by those nearby. This way everyone has the chance to upgrade on a kill while also giving players another chance to super upgrade themselves playing only against other players.

-Line

THIS

I think a mechanic that would excite me the most is to have the freedom to play with lots of different play styles. In lots of other mainstream RPG's, you do have the freedom to play your character a different way. However, the freedom is mostly freedom to choose which combat mechanics you use to kill your enemies.

Take for example Skyrim (which is one of my favorite games, I am not ragging on it in any way). The player has lots of options at how he/she wants to make their character. However, most of them are combat oriented. You can play someone who uses sneak combat, someone who uses magic combat, or someone who just straight out charges the enemies, and everything in between. This is all fun and good, but you almost always only have the choice of what kind of combat you will be good at.

What I would like to see is being able to create not only a character that can excel in certain types of combat, but also characters from the 2020 tabletop game, such as the reporter archetypes and the corporate archetypes. These are characters that don't specialize in combat, but can choose other routes to explore the game and main campaign. For example a corpo character can rely on their immense wealth to hire other goons to do their dirty work for them, and a reporter character can choose other ways of approaching possibly hostile situations.

I know this is probably hard to work in to the system, as you might have to rewrite different branches for whole missions based on the stats that identify what type of character you are playing as.

All in all, this isn't something that is necessarily crucial to the game. I have complete faith in CDPR and cannot wait for Cyberpunk 2077. I am certain it will be my game of the decade.

Keep up the good work guys!

I think a mechanic that would excite me the most is to have the freedom to play with lots of different play styles. In lots of other mainstream RPG's, you do have the freedom to play your character a different way. However, the freedom is mostly freedom to choose which combat mechanics you use to kill your enemies.

Take for example Skyrim (which is one of my favorite games, I am not ragging on it in any way). The player has lots of options at how he/she wants to make their character. However, most of them are combat oriented. You can play someone who uses sneak combat, someone who uses magic combat, or someone who just straight out charges the enemies, and everything in between. This is all fun and good, but you almost always only have the choice of what kind of combat you will be good at.

What I would like to see is being able to create not only a character that can excel in certain types of combat, but also characters from the 2020 tabletop game, such as the reporter archetypes and the corporate archetypes. These are characters that don't specialize in combat, but can choose other routes to explore the game and main campaign. For example a corpo character can rely on their immense wealth to hire other goons to do their dirty work for them, and a reporter character can choose other ways of approaching possibly hostile situations.

I know this is probably hard to work in to the system, as you might have to rewrite different branches for whole missions based on the stats that identify what type of character you are playing as.

All in all, this isn't something that is necessarily crucial to the game. I have complete faith in CDPR and cannot wait for Cyberpunk 2077. I am certain it will be my game of the decade.

Keep up the good work guys!

I too am hoping for non murder-hobo options. There is a poll on that topic should you be inclined to weigh in. While 2077 doesn't have ROLES per se, it does seem to orient around the styles of play we'd expect from Solos, Netrunners and Techies. I would love to see other styles of play (Medias in particular) supported mechanically, narratively and from a feature standpoint.

Last edited:
To me, freedom would probably be the most important thing for the game world, and also having the world be very interactable. Having a lot of freedom to change and be part of the world would be super fun to me, like if I want to get into the corporations and become one of them, or join a gang, try to stop some deals or heists, or knock over a store for a little quick cash. I guess I'm just thinking of having a world that not only can I do my missions in, but "live" in it however I want.

NormalNow I feel you. Sounds to me like your thinking of grand theft auto. Well The Dream of Grand Theft Auto anyway, before they ruined it with GTA Online.

Ja myślałem trochę nad tym i uważam że powinniście dodać aktywności poboczne - nie wiążące się z samymi misjami pobocznymi (może mini misję) jak to co było podczas traileru gry czyli walka z robotem chciałbym to ujrzeć jakąś formę boksu walk na ringu mini turnieje wiem że to bardzo dużo pracy bo spora masa animacji i ruchów ale nie tylko o to mi chodzi a także o coś dzięki czemu świat cyberpunku by tętnił coś takiego jak : O dzisiaj nie chce mi się grać misji pochodzę sobie po mapie - i gracz wychodzi zwiedza świat czuje się jak podczas sobotniego wyjścia na miasto gdzie z lewej i prawej nawołują banery do klubów pubów lecz także jakieś salony gier (jak w spider Man 2 czy gta sa) - ciekawe aktywności poza fabularne chwilowe poczucie prawdziwego świata w grze gdzie nawet poza misją idąc w złej dzielnicy możemy przyprawić się o kłopoty a także poczuć jak na bilardzie treningu w pubie - urozmaicona gama rzeczy która trafi do każdego kto się waha nad kupnem gry to według mnie przyciąga klientów.

I thought a bit about it and I think you should add side activities - not associated with the side missions alone (maybe a mini mission) as what was during the game trailer or robot fight I would like to see some form of boxing in the ring mini tournaments I know that it a lot of work because a lot of animations and movements, but not only that's what I want, and also something that makes the cyberpunku world trip like something: I do not want to play the mission today - and the player goes out sightseeing the world feels as during Saturday's exit to the city, where both pubs and clubs call for pubs, but also some game salons (as in Spider Man 2 or gta sa) - interesting activities beyond the fictional momentary sense of the real world in the game where even outside the mission going in a bad neighborhood we can get into trouble and also feel like a workout in a pub - a diverse range of things that will go to everybody it hesitates to buy the game, in my opinion it attracts customers.

[Sard Edit: Keep it to English here, thanks.]

Last edited by a moderator:
This may have been addressed in some form or another, but, I've been thinking about generic, no-named NPCs.
We see them in the game play demo with names like "street vendor", "bodyguard", "thug", whatever.
While those labels may be appropriate as V's internal labeling bias, I think it'd be interesting were there a fleshing-out algorithm triggered when attempting to talk with a generic NPC.

You buy things from "street vendor", and that label changes to a more personalized name, and more personal dialogue options open. Those dialogue options could be inane, meaningless, talk about the weather things, or, even, perhaps, possibly relevant gossip about the area or other NPCs in it. "Street Vendor" becomes "Bob", "Sue", or some other name, and they might complain about getting robbed, or how some other vendor is stealing all their business or they overheard one recent customer bragging about some cool black market tech they've got an angle on getting ... or many other things.

The more you interact with no-names, the more "personality" they develop, up to a point. They don't have to grow into super fleshed out characters, and many could very well stop with getting labels like "rude Marco" that just yells profanities at you with no personality building, and others that simply refuse to talk to you at all, but, on occasion, where appropriate, you might see some rando person on the street with a no-name label, and you want to chat them up, maybe try going on a date with them.

It seems logical and plausible that V's internal labeling system would get to know some, if not many folks by more than just generic labels, more than just the "important" named NPCs, where many folks can, to some degree get their label changed into a name organically by talking to them, or trying to get to know them.

I don't know if we're at a point in game technology where such a system could be implemented to any worthwhile degree on the scale of a game like CP 2077 without creating too much script and save bloat or negative performance impacts, but, it'd be a nice feature byond having no-named NPCs that are just wind-up toys with a single line of dialogue they're doomed to repeat over and over forever.

I got an idea that fit really well to be implement in a game like Cyberpunk2077:

When the user start a character ask (optionally) for an email and save in your db the asociation of character created-mail
when you detect that the player is not playing the game for an x period, from time to time it will receive emails from the characters from inside the game.

Example: I played the game on the weekend and monday at night I receive an email from a weapons dealer I met inside the game telling me that it got a special mission to retrieve some weapon prototype from a corporation secret lab. He ask me to met him in his workshop for more information.

(the same email can be received in the inside game comunication system)

It will ad a lot to the inmersion in the Cyberpunk2077 universe making characters feel more real.

freedom, tons of activities, in depth character, vehicle, and weapon customization

and huge mod support. I WANT TO ABLE TO ADD MORE CAR VARIETY AND QUESTS

Last edited:
Waiting for some mod to move the off topic posts here... I reply to @Snowflakez here :p

I still don't know if I completely agree with you about being the good guy vs being the bad guy, because I think quest difficulty should determine your non-concrete rewards (XP). But as I think about it more, it's tough to determine difficulty. Is the shooty bang bang style easier than a pure stealth approach? My first thought is "obviously yes," but I'm not so sure now. I think it's very much a subjective thing. Stealth might take longer, but that doesn't mean it's harder (or easier, mind) than a more direct, faster combat approach.

As you say, it's very subjective. For me stealth is always way easier than an "action" approach: AI is stupid in all stealth games and I finish cheesing it as soon as I get spotted. I think about skyrim in "stealth archer mode", those guys are blind, Prey 2016 you can spoil the non-connected areas thanks to loading screen that make you free of any threat, Metro last light, hide behind a wall and enemies will come one by one to be killed. Deus ex HR: shooting was done so badly that stealth was the only acceptable appoach (and you got more exp "because that's the way the game is meant to be played") Sekiro, stealth is very easy (enemies are not idiots, but they're placed in a way you can stealth kill them), face to face makes you swear more than any other from software game. Higher difficulties? Enemies kill you with 1 hit, it's not difficult, just unfair, and they're still idiots.

The only games where facing enemies was easier for me were assassin's creed games, because it was too easy to kill group of enemies hitting the same button. I can't be challenged by an AI in a game, as a normal human being I'm too smart for any AI in videogames (I'm not talking about google AI, but about games' scripts for enemies), at least in the action approach I need to use some skills (and I'm not too good at it).

Stealth in fact is the approach I choose when I have problems in completing a game: I hide and try to screw the AI, which is always very easy.

Mmm... I agree with the spirit of what you're saying, but not the execution. The answer, to me, is not "ditch XP and loot mission rewards," the answer is instead to equalize them across all playstyles. I get that it's unfair to "bad" players that the good playstyle is often rewarded more, and that should be rectified. No need to throw the baby out with the bathwater.

I like loot reward (the one that makes sense, not TW3 and winter's blade or looter shooters), but I prefer XP for actions instead of completing missions. IIRC skyrim nailed it.

As you say, it's very subjective. For me stealth is always way easier than an "action" approach: AI is stupid in all stealth games and I finish cheesing it as soon as I get spotted. I think about skyrim in "stealth archer mode", those guys are blind, Prey 2016 you can spoil the non-connected areas thanks to loading screen that make you free of any threat, Metro last light, hide behind a wall and enemies will come one by one to be killed. Deus ex HR: shooting was done so badly that stealth was the only acceptable appoach (and you got more exp "because that's the way the game is meant to be played") Sekiro, stealth is very easy (enemies are not idiots, but they're placed in a way you can stealth kill them), face to face makes you swear more than any other from software game. Higher difficulties? Enemies kill you with 1 hit, it's not difficult, just unfair, and they're still idiots.

Right. I don't disagree with you here, but that's because you've chosen examples of games where the stealth is real bad.

I mean games where stealth is a truly viable option, like Deus Ex, Dishonored and the like. On higher difficulties, those games are downright punishing and don't allow for many mistakes. Obviously, when you get good at them, it becomes easy, but the same can be said for the combat approach.

I like loot reward (the one that makes sense, not TW3 and winter's blade or looter shooters), but I prefer XP for actions instead of completing missions. IIRC skyrim nailed it.

Ah, OK, fair enough. I don't disagree at all, then.

Ideally, though, as a game designer you want to make sure players don't get screwed because they missed a couple terminals they could have hacked in one mission - because there are no "radiant" style missions where you can just grind out XP, you kinda need to make sure players have a chance later on in the game. I think that's the philosophy behind end-of-mission quest rewards. It sooort of keeps everyone on a similar playing field, even if players have the opportunity to earn more (or less) XP than the average due to missing/not missing various xp-giving actions.

In an ideal world, however, I'm with you. XP rewards for actions, not quest completion. Skyrim did handle that specific thing pretty well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom