CyberPunk Total Cumulative Download/Install Size for Physical Version on PlayStation5 Console with CD

+
Greetings I can not seem to find a direct contact (i.e. email) for cdprojektred official support so I am hoping they monitor this and can answer or other users with my same configuration have paid attention to the details I am asking for and are willing to share. I have seen other posts talking about install size and patch sizes but I get charged by ISP for exceeding data download limits so I am hoping to get specific answer for my exact situation...

I purchased the physical collector's edition of Cyberpunk 2077 for PS4/PS5 at retail store in December. I have been waiting to install it pending update patches but now am wanting to install and play the game. As mentioned above I do have download data limits from my internet service provided so I want to know exactly what I will be experiencing in terms of number of downloads and associated sizes for each download from when I insert the PS4/PS5 CyberPunk Game Disc into my PS5 console until the game is fully installed and brought up to date and ready to play with all the latest patches.

Please provide if possible, an answer in the following format...

1. Disc inserted = game recognized on PS5 but need to download NextGen console game files (since the disc is PS4 version)... How big is the initial PS5 install file downloaded if playing with game disc inserted in PS5 each time?
  2. How many subsequent patch files will be downloaded to current and what is size of each patch file vs. are they cumulative so will only latest patch file be installed and how big is that?
Thank You!

JC

Okay so I participate on many forums and tend to stick with those where someone (even a new user with zero posts) gets helped out with a quick answer. Seems like this question of mine would've been sorta simple for someone to answer and help a fellow cyberpunk gamer out with concern over download size and ISP download limits. Not only did the official CDProjekt people not answer (shows they probably don't monitor here to help which sucks when they don't even offer and email support address for this game) but nobody else here bothered to answer either. So I probably won't stick around this forum as would be waste of time. But I will take a few moments to post this follow-up to help any other PS5 person installing this with the same question I HAD (again past tense).

Answer per my experience installing the game today...

You stick in the PS4 DATA disc first into the PS5 console and it immediately starts to copy lover 56GB worth of data and this of course doesn't cost download data as it is copying from the CD. The copy process will pause at around 46GB and ask you to switch discs over to the "play" disc. At the same time this CD copy process is happening, the current update patch as of Jan31 which is 1.11 gets added to downloads and this does cost download data for 45.145GB. Once the patch is done downloading which happened first in my situation, it holds for install until the CD(s) are done copying over. Then game is current and ready play.

So if my question were to have been answered, that answer would simply have been... 114 GB total storage on the console installed of which 45GB must be downloaded and rest is copied from install CD's.

To that minimal effort in response I would have said sincerely "Thanks for the info!" but I'll instead leave it as I hope this helps someone else.

ATT00001.jpg

Top Bottom