Delamain "Don't Lose Your Mind" Quest Bug

+
When I get to the room with the core, the core is already broken, taking away my choice to do what I want (merge them). I've tried loading back saves to before entering the building, but I can't seem to avoid this bug.

The Delamain quests seem to have a lot of bugs in general, I've had audio issues as well as a bug where all of my calls from after meeting a cab in the badlands (the one that invites you inside to talk) will have that same annoying effect with weird audio quality and displaced sections of the face-cam floating in and out of place for every call... for the rest of the game. When I made a new character I was somehow able to avoid this bug this time around but now I have the broken core bug as mentioned above.

Ran into this problem too. Tried a number of different things to try and get it to fix itself; I've even got a save point before Delamain gives me the call for the mission, but the core is still destroyed by the time I get to it.

My biggest issue so far is a body requirement only to get past the electric garage
You shouldn't need that. I've got body 4 and no movement enhancing cybernetics and I managed to reach it.
Jump up on the car that moves up and down and jump to the nearby platform and to the next. You can reach the stairs through a hole in the wall.

After the last update came, the task was said to be fixed. But still the task is bugged.
Screenshot_1.png

It is not that uncommon for bug fixes like the already exploded core to require loading a saved game that has not yet reached the bugged quest objective/stage. You might even need go back to a state before the quest started in the garage. If the quest has already reached a bugged state in a saved game then a patch usually don't fix it without restarting the quest or go back a few stages on the quest. But maybe you have tested that after the 1.05 patch already... This is just my experience from games like Elder Scrolls (Skyrim, Oblivion etc.), Fallout 3 & 4, S.T.A.L.K.E.R. games, WoW and other open world games, some that had as even more bugs at launch.

During my first playthrough I didnt have any issues, just that intelligence wasn't high enough and couldnt explore one of the options. This time round on the second playthrough, had this bug and the quest just ended without me choosing the ending.

Hello, wanna report another bug on this mission; when you kill a drone, it doesn't fall on the ground and stay killed in the air so you can't loot them. I though it's because of electric arcs on the floor or taxi cars moving.

I went through that whole section without killing any of the drones. Once I completed the "Core" choice of the quest, I went back through the whole place and was able to loot nearly all of the drones as they seem to have all self destructed and fell to the ground. I believe like 2 remained in the air.

There is no benefit to not kill any of the drones, it doesnt affect anything. I just did it for a personal challenge of harder difficulty. It just so happened to fix the looting issue because they didnt remain in the air.

Top Bottom