DELAMAIN no.21 not weaponized vehicle (combat mode)

+
Hello.

First of all Thank you CDPR for amazing row of awesome updates for your super amazing game! You guys rock!

Now with introduction of super fun weaponized vehicles, I played holding my breath rushing thru DELAMAIN questline to see how the combat mode finally, actually looks.

I know, as we all do, that DELAMAIN taxis have missile launcher in the trunk, with articulated shoulder and separate lid that can flop open and the missile battery actually pops out and can launch missiles see for your self.

https://www.reddit.com/r/cyberpunkgame/comments/lbsi82

When I finally got behind the wheel of no.21 anticipating the rocket UI to load in along with the "weaponized vehicle" notification I was sad to see it is not the case. And yet DELAMAIN is THE vehicle that basically introduces the idea of weaponized vehicles. When I played it as fresh-faced player back in day one I expected exactly what the amazing 2.0 update brought in to the game, precisely thanks to that brilliant DELAMAIN ride sequence with Jackie to the Kompeki plaza.

It would be such a nice and logical detail to have it in the game now. With the new options that 2.0 brings and basically everything is in place - no need to model anything extra, no need to edit the vehicle (I assume). It would seem so close and yet the poor old, blue agent 47 lookalikes fleet of taxis remain quite ordinary vehicles, despite their enormous and captivating presence in the games story.

Making the missile battery work could even allow for actually bulletproof windows if the player instead of leaning out the window, took down the drones using the missile launcher UI we all know by now, in context of reverse camera, that players driving in first person also know thoroughly by this point. It could serve as nice smooth and appropriate introduction to cool things that will come later. But even if it was available to the player solely after they obtain their own DELAMAIN no.21 it would still be a blast regardless.

I shall, in the future, attempt to create a mod doing that. But still official touch, included in future patches well there is nothing like letting the pro do it justice.

And so I humbly lean my puppy-eyes on to you, mighty game developer - hopefully reading this, pretty please =3 Its basically a lore, do it for the future players! (and us veterans) xD

Anyways thanks for your time,

Respectfully your excited fan/cyberpunk enjoyer.

Last edited:

Aveneo

Forum regular
AGREED 100%!!!

Weaponized vehicles in Cyberpunk 2077 were a great addition but it felt so strange when the Delamain cab was not included. Heck, we can even see the missile launcher in the trunk so why was the Delamain cab not given a functional missile launcher?

During the heist at Konpeki we can even see Delamain use the missile launcher to fight off some Arasaka drones but when we eventually get our own Delamain no.21 the missile launcher is just sitting there in the trunk without any means to activate it.

Now I also felt that it was a missed opportunity that we can't get in the back of the Delamain and have him drive us around anymore. I really think it would have been awesome if we could have used it both as a driver but also allow Delamain to drive us as a passenger when selecting a route.

But it's a real shame that the missile launcher was not made into a functional weapon and sincerely hope that CDPR would be willing to make it usable during an update so that the Delamain No.21 would become a weaponized vehicle too. Now I don't need it to have machineguns or anything; just the missile launcher.

Please CDPR!! :cry:
Delamain-missiles.png

AGREED 100%!!!

Weaponized vehicles in Cyberpunk 2077 were a great addition but it felt so strange when the Delamain cab was not included. Heck, we can even see the missile launcher in the trunk so why was the Delamain cab not given a functional missile launcher?

During the heist at Konpeki we can even see Delamain use the missile launcher to fight off some Arasaka drones but when we eventually get our own Delamain no.21 the missile launcher is just sitting there in the trunk without any means to activate it.

Now I also felt that it was a missed opportunity that we can't get in the back of the Delamain and have him drive us around anymore. I really think it would have been awesome if we could have used it both as a driver but also allow Delamain to drive us as a passenger when selecting a route.

But it's a real shame that the missile launcher was not made into a functional weapon and sincerely hope that CDPR would be willing to make it usable during an update so that the Delamain No.21 would become a weaponized vehicle too. Now I don't need it to have machineguns or anything; just the missile launcher.

Please CDPR!! :cry:
View attachment 11375734
Yes evidence is there for the missile launcher being in use, as you said.

I agree with no need for machineguns - it would even make no.21 unique weaponized vehicle if it had only the launcher. There is not a single one car with rockets but no machinegun, in the game.

I think AI driving us around is perhaps separate issue and could and probably would further complicate implementation of the weapon, tho if you race with weaponized car, Clair is in control of the weapons instead of leaning out of the window with sidearm, so perhaps one could operate guns from any seat even as the player.

I personally would be happy with just the classic no.21 with functional missile launcher.

Aveneo

Forum regular
Yes evidence is there for the missile launcher being in use, as you said.

I agree with no need for machineguns - it would even make no.21 unique weaponized vehicle if it had only the launcher. There is not a single one car with rockets but no machinegun, in the game.

I think AI driving us around is perhaps separate issue and could and probably would further complicate implementation of the weapon, tho if you race with weaponized car, Clair is in control of the weapons instead of leaning out of the window with sidearm, so perhaps one could operate guns from any seat even as the player.

I personally would be happy with just the classic no.21 with functional missile launcher.
Yeah, the letting yourself be driven by Delamain was more of a "nice to have" but in my opinion CDPR really missed a great opportunity by not making that missile launcher functional when they added those weaponized vehicles in 2.0. I mean, everything is already there. Animations and such; so all it really needed was the code for the missile trajectory so that it worked in a similar fashion as the other launchers.

And you're right. All these weaponized vehicles have either the machineguns or machineguns+launcher. There isn't a single vehicle out there that just has the missile launcher; and the Delamain No.21 would have been the perfect candidate for it imo. :cool:

As such I really hope the devs will see this thread and maybe (hopefully) would be willing to make that launcher functional so that we might get it during some 2.03 update or something. It would just make so much more sense as the launcher is right there in the trunk and the trunk itself has that split section so only the part containing the launcher can open up. It's just perfect for turning it into a weaponized vehicle that would just have the missile launcher! And the best part of it is that you can't just buy it or find it; as you need to earn it by doing those preceding Delamain gigs. :love:

Apparently with mods you can spawn a companion in the driver's seat and they will actually drive you around using the logic already contained in the game for vehicle pathing and it's actually pretty solid. Bearing that in mind lets not pretend the technology isn't there yet for a self driving delamain.

Apparently with mods you can spawn a companion in the driver's seat and they will actually drive you around using the logic already contained in the game for vehicle pathing and it's actually pretty solid. Bearing that in mind lets not pretend the technology isn't there yet for a self driving delamain.
Yeah mods are amazing and eventually there will probably be even this as a mod - if at all doable. I know that proper taxi with player riding in the back request is floating around modding community for ages.

Still that is separate issue - I am talking about weaponizing no.21 since it *almost* is weaponized and is actually weaponized in the lore/story.
Post automatically merged:

Yeah, the letting yourself be driven by Delamain was more of a "nice to have" but in my opinion CDPR really missed a great opportunity by not making that missile launcher functional when they added those weaponized vehicles in 2.0. I mean, everything is already there. Animations and such; so all it really needed was the code for the missile trajectory so that it worked in a similar fashion as the other launchers.

And you're right. All these weaponized vehicles have either the machineguns or machineguns+launcher. There isn't a single vehicle out there that just has the missile launcher; and the Delamain No.21 would have been the perfect candidate for it imo. :cool:

As such I really hope the devs will see this thread and maybe (hopefully) would be willing to make that launcher functional so that we might get it during some 2.03 update or something. It would just make so much more sense as the launcher is right there in the trunk and the trunk itself has that split section so only the part containing the launcher can open up. It's just perfect for turning it into a weaponized vehicle that would just have the missile launcher! And the best part of it is that you can't just buy it or find it; as you need to earn it by doing those preceding Delamain gigs. :love:
Yeah exactly - a reward for the quests that would be even more worth while. Besides it is already such a great vehicle to introduce player to the concept of weaponized vehicles actually being in the game.

When I played the 1.0 version at day one. I really, as I mentioned, got hyped for James Bond like cars in the game that have weapons on board.

When later in the game I've encountered the nomad vehicles, I expected atleast those badass looking cars to have guns on them. To only as the game ended coping with, weaponized cars being one of those things that unfortunately ended up on the cutting floor. - loved the game regardless.

But when I imagine my self playing it for the first time TODAY. My expectation set up BY DELAMAIN sequence in the basically quest that starts it all, would be actually met! Which is beyond amazing! I cannot overstate how much I love that. All the while the only car falling of the wagon in that regard, would be the very car that introduces the concept of weaponized vehicles, which like oversight and is a huge paradox xD

When PL and 2.0 dropped, Delamain no.21 was the number one vehicle i went to check out - I am not even kidding. Thats how well it is set up by the game for players to expect it to have weapon "combat mode".

Maybe in patch 2.11 =)

Last edited:
Top Bottom