Developer Feedback

+
Hi, I play Gwent since closed beta and have around 800 hours in the game and wanted to leave some feedback for development.

Thinks i like:
- Gwent Deck library where you can import decks.
- Current Season Mode (it is a lot of action)
- Android release, I like to play the android version even more than pc version; gj
- Game is definatly going in the right direction GJ on the last updates

What i miss:
- More dynamic and action on the battlefield
- Stronger difference between most valuable cards and low tier cards in terms of sound and visual effects, you should feel like something powerful is going to happen on the battlefield now
- would love to have a different look for the best cards because gold starts from pretty mutch basic shit, therefore it does not feel any special if you get a gold card from a pack
- would love to be able to copy the deck of my last opponent in endgame screen, like with deck library, maybe with some ingame currency cost if you feel like this would be necessary
- rework weather and other battlefield effects they are pretty mutch useless at the moment but i think they are good in terms of action on the battlefield
i would love to have the effects for the whole bf since it is more realistic in terms of weather
maybe weather should change randomly in the game like it would in reality and some magicians can change the weather; could be tested in season mode.

Just some of my thoughts on the game at the moment. I really enjoy it again lately. gj devs

I miss unique faction identities. Don’t get me wrong, I know different factions still have archetypes, but the meat of them is similar. Some examples of what I am referring to. Reveal and draw decks for NG, Ambush units for SC, Armor was mainly used by NR. Engines and removals are the primary focus now across all factions and while some things are mostly unique, the play experience is not radically different.

For example, Poison should have been SC exclusive, now it is neutral, NG, and SY. Thrive was monster unique, now there is assimilate, harmony, intimidate. The game feels less fresh because the play experience is less unique.

- would love to have a different look for the best cards because gold starts from pretty mutch basic shit, therefore it does not feel any special if you get a gold card from a pack
Agreed, that's one of the points why I hate that they turned Silver Cards in to cheap Golds another one is that it opens more ways of balancing tudor Cards and Tudor Leaders.

I would probably even bring in Platinum Cards (restricted to 1 Card per Deck) for the most powerful Cards like Scenarios. (especially if they plan on releasing more Scenarios)

Agreed, that's one of the points why I hate that they turned Silver Cards in to cheap Golds another one is that it opens more ways of balancing tudor Cards and Tudor Leaders.

I would probably even bring in Platinum Cards (restricted to 1 Card per Deck) for the most powerful Cards like Scenarios. (especially if they plan on releasing more Scenarios)

Silver are still distinct in crafting price. The change was from 4 gold and 6 silver to provisions. Devs don’t mind you using 10 legendary as long as you balance on the low end. Likewise, you could stick to midrange gold (aka silver) and basically make a deck that way as well.

I miss unique faction identities. Don’t get me wrong, I know different factions still have archetypes, but the meat of them is similar. Some examples of what I am referring to. Reveal and draw decks for NG, Ambush units for SC, Armor was mainly used by NR. Engines and removals are the primary focus now across all factions and while some things are mostly unique, the play experience is not radically different.

For example, Poison should have been SC exclusive, now it is neutral, NG, and SY. Thrive was monster unique, now there is assimilate, harmony, intimidate. The game feels less fresh because the play experience is less unique.
Agreed. Though sometimes uniqueness and flavour also meant brokenness. IMO Spies meta was the most balanced periodo ant the one they should look at for inspiration

Your idea about weather seems interesting, but it's not a mechanic I miss from beta and with rows it could become problematic
In beta i didnt like it too mutch either. But i miss things going on at the battlefield.
The weather i want should be different then beta weather. Maybe just a slight effect not from your deck but from environment cards or the battlefield itself.
I would like them to test different types and ideas of weather eg in season mode.
Post automatically merged:

Good point. But I actually do like the game at the moment and would add new unique faction abilities.
In best case abilities that interact with the bf.
Scoiatael for example can activate a forest and get less damage because they are in good cover.
If one burns down the forest its more damage. Just mindgames. But i would love to have more interaction between the battlefield, the players and their factions.

Last edited:
I would like to make a suggestion abt the journey system and gaining more XP, you already pay for the pass and it is absurd to have to play so much to get what you have already paid, really discouraging.

I do not intend to buy another pass just for the difficulty, I am the type of person who usually always loses matches and tries to fulfill the missions that by the way have to be done in order, if you get stuck in one you will not receive xp, the order has to be random, you are stopping the player from progress ... the game is getting sacrificed ... when you start playing something out of obligation just because you paid the pass and you have to end it to get what you bought it gets too boring, the game has to be something fun.

Don't be like all other companies !! I always believed in you as a company, I always invested, but after that I was very disappointed, even though the items were beautiful, very well made. Change the way you prune the player ... give more XP, or just give the pass items ...

Paying a pass and have to progress to gain is very boring !!!! THIS MUST END!!!

Guest 4398794

Please teach players on android how to forfeit the game, is so anoying to w8 more then 1min or 2 min because they killed the app instead of just simpli forfeit.

Top Bottom