Disable camera-snap in 3rd person?

+
It's REALLY infuriating to have the camera constantly reset when I'm driving around. Why even allow me to adjust the camera in the first place, if you then proceed to ignore me and reset the camera a few seconds later? Just doesn't make any sense. So, is there any way of disabling this behaviour? I want to be able to move the camera how I want without it constantly resetting its position.

It's REALLY infuriating to have the camera constantly reset when I'm driving around. Why even allow me to adjust the camera in the first place, if you then proceed to ignore me and reset the camera a few seconds later? Just doesn't make any sense. So, is there any way of disabling this behaviour? I want to be able to move the camera how I want without it constantly resetting its position.
YES!! This is unbelievably infuriating. The camera snaps back after 1 second when you are moving but will stay in position when you are stationary. So annoying, wish it could be disabled :(

I have the opposite problem, I actually want the camera to follow the car like it's a racing game and only move when I move the joystick and should snap back when I click R3. Currently I have this issue where it works for a bit then suddenly the camera stops following the car all together even when I snap back it only stays there until I turn a corner then I have to constantly manually move the camera with the car.

Agree.
The Witcher 3 had this annoying problem too, and it took them sooooo incredibly long to fix it.
Can't believe they made the same mistake again.

This "feature" has to either go or have the option to turn it off. I'm on the Sinnerman and it's an F-ing PITA trying to follow the vehicle when the camera keeps 'resetting' so all I get is a view of a big honkin' truck cab.

Apparently next patch still doesn't even have walking button on keyboard or auto-centering removal, so I guess we're gonna wait a long ass time for basic stuff like these to be implemented.

Besides not being able to skip the intro movies with the logos, the automatic camera snap is REAAAAALLLY FREAKIN frustrating, probably the most annoying thing in this other wise great game. I'm just low key angry all the time when driving. PLEASE add an option to turn the snapping off, I an adult, I can use R3 when I need to lock the camera back on the car.

I definitely second this.

DC9V

Forum veteran
I wish it would snap back earlier. usually you don't look to the side while driving.

If you keep your hand on the mouse then the smallest movement should be able to prevent the camera from snapping back.

Hey CDPR, read this and you'll know how I feel driving around with the camera resetting all the time: Annoying. Annoying. Annoying. Annoying. Annoying. Annoying. Annoying. Annoying. Annoying. Annoying. Annoying. Annoying. Annoying. Annoying. Annoying. Annoying. Annoying. Annoying. Annoying. Annoying. Annoying. Annoying. Annoying. Annoying. Annoying. Annoying. Annoying. Annoying. Annoying. Annoying.

How is it even possible that after Witcher 3 you overlooked it AGAIN?!

Just add an option in the menu to disable any and all auto-center features when driving a vehicle. People who like the feature will keep it enabled by default, people that hate it will have an option to disable it!!

Top Bottom