[Discussion] AIs (ChatGPT vs. Soulkiller) and their perception by humans

+
Hey,
I was trying out ChatGPT and kind of mind-stumbled upon a few things:

1) It's just a model taught from a limited dataset
Initially, I was thinking about it as a magical black box that knows and can answer anything, and I was tempted to ask it some questions that humanity doesn't have answers to.

2) It's a soul-less algorithm that bases its answers on statistics
The answer you get may be wrong, misleading, incomplete,...

So, I would like to start a discussion about similarities and human perception of such AIs, however simple or advanced they may be.

A few starting points:
- Can Mikoshi be considered an advanced version of ChatGPT? Are both the same in being just statistical models of serialized data?
- Do humans seek questions and answers out of their everyday life? If so, why? Is one more important than the other?
- Are information important to humans? Does it differ from other life forms on the planet?
- What is the value of information?
- Are information that don't bring any value important?
- By which means may/do humans and computers decide that a piece of information is valid, complete and trustworthy? What are the pros and cons?
- Does a life form/computer that knows and can handle everything/nothing have a place in the world?
- Are humans extraordinary or superior to other life forms on the planet? Why? Why not?
- What is a soul? Does it have anything to do with information and its attributes? "What does Soulkiller actually kill?"
- What is faith? Is it a blind trust to some incomplete/unsigned information...?

Feel free to come up with anything related to the topic :)

Last edited:
And I will add my answers:
Can Mikoshi be considered an advanced version of ChatGPT? Are both the same in being just statistical models of serialized data?
I think so. ChatGPT is taught from what humans think and so write down, and Mikoshi is taught from what humans think and so say.

Do humans seek questions and answers out of their everyday life? If so, why? Is one more important than the other?
Yes, because of the curiosity and expansiveness of life. Their importance is based on a value at a certain moment.

Are information important to humans? Does it differ from other life forms on the planet?
Yes. No. Information is used to store a state which is used for a change.

I think the value is determined by how much a piece of information is helpful in solving a certain problem.

Yes, but not to all the species all the time.

By which means may/do humans and computers decide that a piece of information is valid, complete and trustworthy? What are the pros and cons?
Computers decide purely based on what people teach them (as of now). I am not sure about humans.

Does a life form/computer that knows and can handle everything/nothing have a place in the world?
It may have. It depends on the state of the world.

Are humans extraordinary or superior to other life forms on the planet? Why? Why not?
No, but we act so too often.

What is a soul? Does it have anything to do with information and its attributes? "What does Soulkiller actually kill?"
I don't know. Maybe a clarity of self? Something that tells you who you are and where are you from?
I like Johny's quote about Soulkiller ripping one's identity.

What is faith? Is it a blind trust to some incomplete/unsigned information...?
I think so. It may be based on past experience, etc...
Post automatically merged:

Do we deserve death ?
Yes. Everyone should deserve to die :)

What is the universe ?
A space too unknown to us to create more questions than answers? o_O

Last edited:
If there's something projected in science fiction that I don't believe will ever happen successfully is a complete transfer of a soul/consciousness/ego to a different body or a purely virtual space.
And that's because, unlike Descartes' ideas of mind separate from body/ understand the separate parts to understand the whole (ideas that still influence the way we seek out knowledge today) are simplistic. Our soul/consciousness/ego carries the history of our body and its empirical past. Our physical injuries, faster or slower metabolism, our fisiological tendencies affect our vision of reality, not just our philosophical or "rational" reflections.
That is to say, we are not the same if cut in half.

Does this unit have a soul ?
The answer to your question was "Yes."
"Do we deserve death ?"
Yes. Everyone should deserve to die :)
No. Nobody else dies today. Keep going.
Tell me you've got a plan ?
Not a plan - a man.
"What is the universe ? "
A space too unknown to us to create more questions than answers? o_O
Answer not yet found. Search incomplete. Estimated search time : 358,910,227 years.
What the matrix ?
The matrix has you. Follow the white rabbit.
Post automatically merged:

I was tempted to ask it some questions that humanity doesn't have answers to.
What's inside a black hole ?
Is the universe infinite ?
And maybe the most difficult question, which have great chances to ever stay unresolved > What's a true RPG ?

Last edited:
Can Mikoshi be considered an advanced version of ChatGPT? Are both the same in being just statistical models of serialized data?
I think it kinda depends on how you look at it kinda... Like it's a controlled group study v.s a lived one ChatGPT is an outsider looking in at the world from data and statistics and repeating patterns it's all very "logical" and emotionless where Mikoshi is more a lived experience it takes it data from the human mind itself there are different perspectives, emotions, and biases and other things they are also used for two different things Mikoshi "allows"(it's a prison) you to talk to the dead if given enough data and ChatGPT for you to talk to an AI and see what it is capable of coming up with

- Do humans seek questions and answers out of their everyday life? If so, why? Is one more important than the other?
I don't think a lot of people think about it, it is kinda I'm alive why question it. Most people only question things once their "normal" changes or is challenged

- Are information important to humans? Does it differ from other life forms on the planet?
From my experience most humans only care about information that fits their own biases and way of thinking or that validates them and yes I think it does differ from other life forms on the planet since it is more of a survival aspect for them that why you see more adaptation(I feel like this is the wrong word please correct me if wrong) from other life form then you do in humans

Information doesn't really have value in a way one can measure it is based on the weight the one receiving it holds it.

- By which means may/do humans and computers decide that a piece of information is valid, complete and trustworthy? What are the pros and cons?
Humans on their own biases and feelings and their ability to understand what is being taught to them. Pro it makes everyone unique in no one way or another and allows people to change their perspective on stuff and grow Con misinformation is very rampant the earth is not flat and people who base information on feeling and their own biases don't care about actual facts or information
Computer on statistics and data and history Pro it shows a very interesting perspective on life itself Con it is racist bias and very harmful when used to judge humans

- Does a life form/computer that knows and can handle everything/nothing have a place in the world?
Yes everything has a place in the world even if it doesn't seem like it on first glance

- Are humans extraordinary or superior to other life forms on the planet? Why? Why not?
No not at all we are only superior in the fact that (we think we are) we can survive and make things better than most things on the planet. If not for literally every other life form we wouldnt exist or would have died out many years ago which is not to say there can not be extraordinary people but what makes someone extraordinary is on a person to person basis. Superior however no not at all

- What is a soul? Does it have anything to do with information and its attributes? "What does Soulkiller actually kill?"
A soul is like a song being whisper in the darkest of night something that will always be up for debate what are the true lyrics, melody and meaning behind them and for everyone it is different but ever life form in one way or another can sing the song to varying degrees. Soul killer is the silent of that song it is the erasure of the lyrics and meaning it is an echo of a memory of when the song was sung and the imperfect melody that follows it. I.e it has the memory of the person all the information is there to be used and it can be used to make a copy but it is not the original any more

- What is faith? Is it a blind trust to some incomplete/unsigned information...?
Faith is very much blind trust it is you going off of the information and knowledge you have gathered and the hope that what you have been told is true like you will never fully know until the end point if whatever you have faith in is real or fake. Like people that have faith in God/gods being real will never know until their end, people who have faith that things will get better don't know if it truly will until the end of their pain/problems, and so on it is all blind trust based off of other people and information they have gathered from life and study none of it is concrete or can be proven on way or another until the very end of the "story"

But don't mind me I'm just some gamer on the internet who is waiting for her download to be done

Top Bottom