DLSS fixes causes problems!

+

CEAN0

Forum regular
Using any other DLSS version then the original that comes with the game together with Ray Tracing enabled will give you some real issues, you can see what i'm talking about if you look at the screenshot. I have tried all the new ones that nVidia have released, and they give all the same issues.

dlss.png

As you can see on the ‘Sir John Phallustiff’ weapon, the background bleeds trough the objects like a black shadow.

(Yellow text is updated info)

Last edited:
Weird, but it's not officially supported so glitches can be expected. As soon as I grab that thing (no puns intended) I'm gonna test it myself. Currently I'm using the 2.2.18 and there are no issues I noticed.

Using any other DLSS version then the original that comes with the game will give you some real issues, you can see what i'm talking about if you look at the screenshot. I have tried all the new ones that nVidia have released, and they give all the same issues.

View attachment 11255815

As you can see on the ‘Sir John Phallustiff’ weapon you can also see the same issue around the world on different objects, the background bleeds trough the objects like a black shadow.
I'm using 2.2.18 at the moment and I'm not having this issue. So, this might be more of a problem on your side. It would be interesting to find out what is causing this issue. Maybe it's settings related?

I run the following settings:
5120x1440 + Everything on maximum quality, but no psycho Raytracing + DLSS Quality.
Furthermore, I'm using VSNC and I have limited the FPS to 50.

I also have a custom INI which I'm using with the following settings:

CEAN0

Forum regular
I'm using 2.2.18 at the moment and I'm not having this issue. So, this might be more of a problem on your side. It would be interesting to find out what is causing this issue. Maybe it's settings related?

I run the following settings:
5120x1440 + Everything on maximum quality, but no psycho Raytracing + DLSS Quality.
Furthermore, I'm using VSNC and I have limited the FPS to 50.

I also have a custom INI which I'm using with the following settings:
Tested with the exact settings as you and with your .ini settings, still the same issue when i use any other DLSS file then the vanilla one.

Tested with the exact settings as you and with your .ini settings, still the same issue when i use any other DLSS file then the vanilla one.
Odd, have you tried clearing the shader cache and things like that?

CEAN0

Forum regular
Do you mean nVidias shader cache or?

I did try this before...

Go to your NVIDIA control panel> Manage 3D Settings, turn off Shader Cache and hit Apply. Reboot your PC. Go to %username%\AppData\Local\Temp\NVIDIA Corporation\NV_Cache and delete the contents of the folder and reboot your PC.

...but i did not have any NV_Cache folder there, but i did find 2 other cache folder located in...

%username%\AppData\Local\Temp\NVIDIA

...i did clear out the 2 folders there, DXCache and GLCache but that did not help.

I meant the first one and I would also re-enable the cache afterwards. Still odd though...there are more things you can do like clean driver reinstall with DDU and things like that but I'm not sure if it will solve the issue.

I've been replacing the DLSS dll file with whatever the latest one on TechPowerUp is for a while now, never seen this either. Currently using 2.3.0.0 on RTX 2060, latest Nvidia driver (472.12). Um, never used any mods either.

CEAN0

Forum regular
I meant the first one and I would also re-enable the cache afterwards. Still odd though...there are more things you can do like clean driver reinstall with DDU and things like that but I'm not sure if it will solve the issue.
Well i did not have any cache folder there, so what then?
I've been replacing the DLSS dll file with whatever the latest one on TechPowerUp is for a while now, never seen this either. Currently using 2.3.0.0 on RTX 2060, latest Nvidia driver (472.12). Um, never used any mods either.
Can't be a mod issue sins i have tested without any mods to.

And why is it only the "Sir John Phallustiff" weapon that has this issue?

Well i did not have any cache folder there, so what then?
I was clearing the cache differently w/o deactivating it. I right clicked my drive, selected clean up and then set a check-mark at the shader cache thing:
1633696200779.png

Can't be a mod issue sins i have tested without any mods to.
I say that without knowing, but when you said "without any mods" it's after uninstall the game entirely (no remaining files at all) and reinstall it ?
(and not just remove mods to the game and obviously not loading a save where mods was active on it in the past).

CEAN0

Forum regular
I was clearing the cache differently w/o deactivating it. I right clicked my drive, selected clean up and then set a check-mark at the shader cache thing:
View attachment 11258650
OK will try that, thanks :)
I say that without knowing, but when you said "without any mods" it's after uninstall the game entirely (no remaining files at all) and reinstall it ?
(and not just remove mods to the game and obviously not loading a save where mods was active on it in the past).
Yes of course, otherwise it is not a clean game and/or something can be left in the save file ;)

Weird, been using the lastest DLSS too since they started comming out and never noticed this either. Havent used that weapon much tho so ill test it out a bit later...

CEAN0

Forum regular
At last i did find out what the problem is for me, i get that issue direct i enable Ray Tracing? But not if i use the DLSS that comes with the game, all other DLSS gives me this issue with Ray Tracing enabled.

At last i did find out what the problem is for me, i get that issue direct i enable Ray Tracing? But not if i use the DLSS that comes with the game, all other DLSS gives me this issue with Ray Tracing enabled.

OK I'm seeing it too! Weird textures on Sir John only so far with RTX on (sorry I think I misread your OP and thought you were seeing it with other weapons).

But, I've tried going back to the 2.1.39.0 dll and STILL see it, also with DLSS set to 'off'.

OK I'm seeing it too! Weird textures on Sir John only so far with RTX on (sorry I think I misread your OP and thought you were seeing it with other weapons).

But, I've tried going back to the 2.1.39.0 dll and STILL see it, also with DLSS set to 'off'.
Weird for me it is gone as soon as i disable "Ray Tracing", DLSS i have set to "quality".

DC9V

Forum veteran
Weird for me it is gone as soon as i disable "Ray Tracing", DLSS i have set to "quality".
Did you try to disable RT Shadows, while having both RT Reflections and RT Lighting enabled?

You could also try to:

• Validate game files
  • Empty the DirectX shader cache by running cleanmgr.exe as admin

Last edited:
@ DC9V

Tried every possible settings in-game
Tried your Nvidia settings (most i already used)

Have validated my game files several times.
Done a clean install without any mods.

Still i get that issue with that weapon when i use any other DLSS version then the one that comes with the game!

Any one got this issue ??
Get it as soon as i enable DLSS (any dlss setting) with the new Nvidia driver 496.13

hologram.png

Last edited:
Top Bottom