DLSS fixes causes problems!

+
Hmm...that's odd. You might want to report this bug to both Nvidia and CDPR.
Well i will do it to Nvidia, but i'm tiered on the standard answer i get from CDPR....

- make a video of the issue before and after it happens...yad...yada...yada....

...so they i don't bother to contact any more.

Well i will do it to Nvidia, but i'm tiered on the standard answer i get from CDPR....

- make a video of the issue before and after it happens...yad...yada...yada....

...so they i don't bother to contact any more.
I reported a lot of bugs and I was never asked for a video or anything like that....

Any one got this issue ??
Get it as soon as i enable DLSS (any dlss setting) with the new Nvidia driver 496.13

View attachment 11259421
Have you tried to clean install your GPU drivers? And by "clean install" I do not mean setting the checkmark when installing a new driver, but actually using DDU for that.

Also remember to:
  • do those things in safe mode
  • disable Window's automatic driver install thingy since you will end up installing one driver on top of another
This video will walk you through the steps if you are unsure:

Have you tried to clean install your GPU drivers? And by "clean install" I do not mean setting the checkmark when installing a new driver, but actually using DDU for that.

Also remember to:
  • do those things in safe mode
  • disable Window's automatic driver install thingy since you will end up installing one driver on top of another
This video will walk you through the steps if you are unsure:
Thanks! think that did help so i can use the new Nvidia driver and DLSS enabled, but need to test it a bit more to be sure.

But as soon as i use any other DLSS version then the one that comes with the game i get this issue again, both with the ‘Sir John Phallustiff’ weapon and holograms at Jig-Jig street.

Last edited:
Really weird. Never had that issue with the holograms, and I tested basically every single DLL. :/

PS: also phallustiff's texture is normal.

Thanks! think that did help so i can use the new Nvidia driver and DLSS enabled, but need to test it a bit more to be sure.
Good to hear :)

But as soon as i use any other DLSS version then the one that comes with the game i get this issue again, both with the ‘Sir John Phallustiff’ weapon and holograms at Jig-Jig street.
There are two additional things that come to mind:
  1. Have you tested a very early safe? Say, the earliest where you have the Phalustiff's ore the earliest where you can easily acquire it? Does it show the same behaviour?
  2. When you reinstalled the game, did you also delete everything in "C:\User\<your user>\AppData\Local\CD Projekt"?

DC9V

Forum veteran
make a video of the issue before and after it happens...yad...yada...yada...

Glad to see that clean-installing the GPU driver seems to help. Verifying game files and clean-installing the drivers is what the support team usually recommends in the first place.

If you provide enough information about your system, drivers, and how to reproduce the issue, a video should not be necessary. Sending a save file along with a detailed instruction might be just as helpful.

Good to hear :)

There are two additional things that come to mind:
  1. Have you tested a very early safe? Say, the earliest where you have the Phalustiff's ore the earliest where you can easily acquire it? Does it show the same behaviour?
  2. When you reinstalled the game, did you also delete everything in "C:\User\<your user>\AppData\Local\CD Projekt"?
Yes i have restarted a new game with a clean install where all old game files, saves, and game locations was deleted before new installment. The issue is still there, checked the weapon right after i got it in the hotel.

But it's no biggie i can use the DLSS that comes with the game because i have no issues with it, I have a pretty good rig so my game runs smooth and looks good so i can't complain ;)

Any one got this issue ??
Get it as soon as i enable DLSS (any dlss setting) with the new Nvidia driver 496.13

View attachment 11259421

I get issues with holograms on occasions but that seemed related to mods rather than DLSS, at least it went away when I clean installed and went back to vanilla (with a newer DLSS file obvs). Obviously most apparent with things like the fish holograms and the dancer at Lizzie's. Sometimes parts of the hologram missing, sometimes the whole thing. Will see if I can get it again with 496.49.

edit: ok, so I can easily reproduce it with replacing the DLSS file however it is also present to some degree in the vanilla game but much less widespread and far more limited (eg holograms inside a Cloud booth missing some not all their body parts.) Will bug report it in any case.

Last edited:
Top Bottom