Does a sword/knife build need a lot of the Body attribute?

+
What?
P. 26 CP2020 Rulebook V.2 - the one you get with CP2077.
Intelligence - Reflexes - Cool - Technical Abilitiy - Luck - Attractiveness - Movement Allowance - Empathy
So it's definately a Stat in the Pen&Paper ?
Sorry just woke up and voice texted that, because the tech isn't just a stat in the pen an paper game. It is defined to certain classes/roles such as techie and med tech but you can learn some on other roles if you choose to. The problem with CP 2077 is they've made V be able to be multiple classes/roles in one. You can be a solo netrunner techie all at the same time and it destroys game balance.

Apparently I still can't focus and type properly. Need coffee

Last edited:
Sorry just woke up and voice texted that, because tech is stat in the pen an paper game that is defined to certain classes/roles such as techie and med tech. The problem with CP 2077 is they've made V be able to be multiple classes/roles in one. You can be a solo netrunner techie all at the same time and it destroys game balance

It's not bound towards certain roles? The Stats are open to everyone.
What's closed judging by the afforementionend corebook, is your starting skills - which you should take according towards a career skill table. Then again on the site you get Ref + Int Skills Points to spend outside of that to represent skills you've got an hobby in.

But yeah, i gotta agree, they strayed of the more role centered roleplay system towards your typical open point roleplaying system. Something that i actually prefer quite a bit, but which is here unchecked by how their Attribute/Skill/Perk system together with money and go goes. Meaning the problem is less that you can dabble in Hacking, but that you get 49 Stat points, meaning you can easily max 3 Stats and therefore the connected skills.

It's not bound towards certain roles? The Stats are open to everyone.
What's closed judging by the afforementionend corebook, is your starting skills - which you should take according towards a career skill table. Then again on the site you get Ref + Int Skills Points to spend outside of that to represent skills you've got an hobby in.

But yeah, i gotta agree, they strayed of the more role centered roleplay system towards your typical open point roleplaying system. Something that i actually prefer quite a bit, but which is here unchecked by how their Attribute/Skill/Perk system together with money and go goes. Meaning the problem is less that you can dabble in Hacking, but that you get 49 Stat points, meaning you can easily max 3 Stats and therefore the connected skills.
I edited the post you quoted, yes anyone can learn any skill in the Core book but each role is more closely tied to certain stats and skills. You're not gonna make a solo with a ref 3 and Int of 10 and make him a book work. Like you could if you want, but why? lol No one would hire a solo who know about his weapons but can't use them lol.

I hope they fix the skills, stats and add roles when it comes to the multiplayer. What we have now would not make a very good multiplayer setting. And if you actually read the core book, look at the skills section and see where they tie into the stats. And where the hell is Empathy? You know, that stat that determines how much human is left of us as we wire more cybernetics into ourselves

Top Bottom