Can the Body Check for "I Can See Clearly Now" be a non-scalable Req.

+
2.0 Changed a lot.. a lot. My only real gripe of this update is how it scales Attribute Requirements for a variety of environmental interactions. The one that sent me to the forums was the Body Check Req. for the quest "I Can See Clearly Now". Brendan the S.C.S.M asks us to move a dumpster, easy enough. Old builds of both the game and my characters, I would purposely put at least one point in Body for the 4 Requirement to move said dumpster. Now here's the issue. The check scales with your character progression. So instead of the Body 4 Requirement, by the time I had this quest available to me, it required 7.. Completely nonsensical. I figured okay, maybe I'll see if getting points into body is worth it down the road. Replanned my build to SPECIFICALLY accommodate this one quest.. I know that's stupid, but that I am so whatever. I get the 7 points in Body, come back to dumpster, and now it wants 9 Body.. I had planned on getting 9 anyway to utilize the next tier of Skills, however, by the time I get those 2 points, it'll probably require 10, or something completely arbitrary that demolishes the synergy of my build. These are the kinds of changes that have me asking if y'all even bothered playtesting it fully [...]. Tantrum over, now proceeding with my request. Can you please give Gorilla Arms the ability to completely bypass all Body checks. Opening doors/Hijacking cars, and for the love of god be able to move this gonk dumpster.

Loving the rest of the update,
Thank you

Last edited by a moderator:
I mean we can't.
Some items are better than others even if they are of same type.
Like iPhone 15 > iPhone 4.
Can't use iPhone 4 to play AC : Mirage now, can we.

I mean we can't.
Some items are better than others even if they are of same type.
Like iPhone 15 > iPhone 4.
Can't use iPhone 4 to play AC : Mirage now, can we.
Not sure how this is related to my topic, did you mean to post this here? Unsure how an argument of an items value is at all relevant to what I am trying to accomplish here. I suppose asking if Gorilla Arms(an "item") could do more than just punch things is somewhat related, but your point is wholly obscure in reference to the desired outcome.
Post automatically merged:

I think I understand your point of view now having looked at Gorilla Arms again. Higher tiers do offer a Body stat increase. I had not actually noticed they increased your Body Stat in any regard, so I do apologize for my un-acknowledgement. To that end though, the fact that this dumpster becomes increasingly hard to move, i.e. scales at all, is a bit silly. So to that point, I guess my only real request would be to not allow this specific Body Check to scale/set it to a finite requirement. Apologies once again for my misunderstanding of the items added stat value. I have since updated the title of this post to reflect my issue at large. Thank you for your input.

Last edited:

Guest 4716340

Level scaling really sucks, especially with things like this. I have attribute checks that have gone up by 6-8 points because I decided to play a mission at a higher level. It really needs to be addressed.

Imagine how I feel about it having grinded levels to try and outrun loot mediocrity only to find out I'll probably never complete this because body is staying at 9, 11 if I pushed my leftovers into it in my build. Meh.

Was gonna try to do a vanilla playthrough but I think it's time for mods.

The BODY check from Brandon's quest should just be removed altogether.

Even before 2.0 I found it weird that a side-quest entirely depends on one point in an attribute a player may not even go for, but now with other attributes scaling it literally becomes an attribute exclusive quest.

Even Love Rollercoaster quest for example does not have a TECH check for repairing the damaged circuit board, so Brandon's quest should not need an attribute check either to move a dumpster of all things, especially one that defies laws of physics :D

First time I ever came across that dumpster and saw it needs a point in BODY, my immediate instinct was to grab a truck and smash into it to move it.

Last edited:
First time I ever came across that dumpster and saw it needs a point in BODY, my immediate instinct was to grab a truck and smash into it to move it.

SOMBODY please try that. If the DEV provided for this as an alternate way to move the dumpster my feelings of the annoying ways the game mechanics work now will go up a lot from how rev 2 lowered it.

Top Bottom