Does V start with cyberware?

+
Hi everyone. I'm starting my first game soon and I've just been playing around with the character creator. There's an option for cyberware marks (or scars, not sure what you'd call them), which seem completely cosmetic. My question is are they just cosmetic? If V starts the game with implants I'd like to have the scars to reflect that, just for immersion. If they don't have implants then I'll make sure not to have the scars.

Thanks everyone.

The cyberware options ones in the character creation are purely cosmetic.

V always has a chip slot in their head, and a personal link in one hand. Not sure if those count as implants, though.

The cyberware options ones in the character creation are purely cosmetic.

V always has a chip slot in their head, and a personal link in one hand. Not sure if those count as implants, though.
Hi, thanks for your reply. When you get implants or enhancements in the game do they cause those scars or are they invisible? What I'm going for is a look where the scars reflect the implants.

Cheers.

Hi, thanks for your reply. When you get implants or enhancements in the game do they cause those scars or are they invisible? What I'm going for is a look where the scars reflect the implants.
No, in game, only your arms can change depending of the cyberware you install ;)
So V's look in the character creator, is the look he will always have no matter of the cyberwares you will install (until you decide to change it at a ripperdoc^^).

You can visit a ripperdoc later and change your appearance if you like, there are also some mods that make cosmetic changes to cyberware if you're on PC. Like one that is basically Davids implants from the Edgrunners anime. Also a bunch of different cyberarm mods available on nexus and github if you're interested in that.

With the exception of some scripted moments and mirrors (And the inventory screen) you don't really see yourself that much so the most noticeable change would be the arms anyway since they're what will be most in view.

Basically, virtually everyone in the world has some level of implant. For example, V starts off with a built in interface that allows him to see the "HUD", receive calls and messages, highlight and tag enemies, etc. I'd say implants like that are the equivalent of "having a phone" in the modern world.

Top Bottom