Is the cyberware cap really necessary?

+
The new ARBITRARY cap of 450 maximum cyberware capacity doesnt just limit players who dont use mods for absolutely no good reasons, it now ruined alot of mods that deal with cyberware. There is just no good reason to limit it like this. I lost six implants. SIX! Because I earned alot of iconic cyberware that requires up to 40 cyberware capacity slots.

Whats the point in giving us something that then sabotaging the ability to fit them all???

I hope someone can create a mod that reduces iconic cyberware requirements to five or something. Its just ridiculous to the lengths players have to go to counter arbitrary balance changes that have no place in a single player game.

And I just praised the devs for listening to the players for finally (after several patches) to fix a tiny but always present feature.

I don't find it really arbitrary. Already, in terms of coherence with the universe, it seems logical that one cannot fill one's body with military-grade cyberware. Then, it forces you to make choices, both in terms of your build and in terms of your equipment. And in reality, I find that rather positive. I appreciate it when an RPG pushes me to choose carefully what I take. Finally, the skills have been revamped, and the capacity limit gives real usefulness to the technical tree.

There is just no good reason to limit it like this.
funny to read your post... because there isnt even a legit way to get that high without mods or duping glitches - the maximum capacity was/is around 350 +/- with ingame shards and perks only.... that is super low tho...

gonna quote myself from the patchnotes thread
(...) most probably because before there was no hard cap and if you abused the shard duplication glitch and went over 4xx the capacity-ui and even more gamebreaking the ripper docs bugged out - beeing unable to switch or sell cyberware anymore. my guess its just a protection cap... not necessarily a feature to find more shards/capacity. but i might be wrong just a thought.
at least on consoles going over 450 broke the game.... not that there was any way without duping the shards to reach that amount anyways... but yeah i think they just made a cap to prevent these bugs happening.... i also would like to go higher tho <.<

Last edited:
There is just no good reason to limit it like this.
As far as I'm aware, the reasoning was because it broke the game if you went above 450 capacity.
arbitrary balance changes that have no place in a single player game.
Ahh yes, the logic that single player games shouldn't have defined systems. They should just all come with Cheat Engines so people can do whatever they want in the game :rolleyes:

The fact is, that Cyberware Capacity was already capped when not exploiting the game. Cyberware itself had a capacity cost themselves, meaning it wasn't intended for your character to be able to just use every 40 capacity cyberware at the same time as well as whatever else you wanted to equip.

The intended experience is that you have to pick and choose what cyberware you want to use within your capacity limit (Whatever that may be with how many Capacity shards you have and if you've got Edgerunner or not)

As far as I'm aware, the reasoning was because it broke the game if you went above 450 capacity.
yeah at a certain amount your UI bugged out/vanished and if you went even higher ripper docs bugged out and you couldnt switch or sell cyberware anymore - beeing frozen on the cyberware you had equipped at that time for the rest of the game : /

So... arbitrary.
That's not what arbitrary means.

Arbitrary implies there was no reason.

The reason is that the game could not sufficiently handle a higher limit. And if someone were to "somehow~ acquire more than that, the game breaking is a bigger issue than having too many slots. It is also the easier issue to fix, and while you may somehow end up with more shards via legitimate or accidental means, you now have to go *out of your way* to disable the cap, which now makes it your fault the game broke.

Already, in terms of coherence with the universe, it seems logical that one cannot fill one's body with military-grade cyberware.

YO WHASSUP
smasher.jpg

Top Bottom