Dona's fan art thread [updated Jan 18 - pg.6]

+
Dona's fan art thread [updated Jan 18 - pg.6]

Scroll down for more :>

Hi everyone, I thought I'd open up a thread for my fan art :] There are quite a few things I want to post, so I guess I'll keep them all in this thread instead of opening several ones, for the sake of convenience. I hope that's okay.

Here's a quick-ish portrait of Iorveth. I was thinking of what would be the biggest punishment for him and remembered his little speech about pointy ears... erm, sorry for all the blood. I promise to post something more light-hearted next time D:

Index:
. Saskia
. Geralt, Iorveth
. Aryan LaValette + hungry Roche
. King Foltest
. Cedric & Seherim
. Nekker Stole My Bike + new feathers for Iorveth
. King Radovid
. Sketches (mostly Iorveth, derp)
. The Blue Stripes

Ouch auch, I feel the pain in my ears..
Pretty portrait and the punishment-idea is absolutely great. However I think it (the idea it is) would work better in some-other-than-portrait picture where one can see what has happened, where and why. And how do Iorveth and others react to it. To put it simple: I think this idea definitely needs a story. :)

But overall for a portrait this is great and your style is nice to look at.

yuikami - Guuuurl, cheating on Roche with an Elf? : O J/k, thank you :'D

volsung84 - Thanks! OMG please join in, I love fanart. Er, as long as it's not some kind of creepy fanart, anyway.

Ratiasu - Thank you so much. I agree. The painting isn't finished, actually, I lost interest when I realised it's just a portrait with blood splattered all over, but I kind of liked how the colours turned out so I decided to post it. I'll try to make something with a stronger story next time.

DelightfulMcCoy - Thank you kindly

Thanks, you are all so kind ♥ Saskia was fun to paint, especially because I rarely never use light colour palettes. I just realised that.

Now, something... older. There was an official Witcher contest on deviantArt, back in late 2008, to celebrate the release of TW1EE. To my big surprise, the piece I painted won 3rd place - it made me very happy because TW1 was a game I loved so, so much and it felt nice to have that recognised. It was fun to experiment with really bold colours and a colour combination I normally hate.

Then, this year, I decided to paint another one in similar style as soon as I finished the game. It's Iorveth this time are you surprised and to be honest, I don't think it turned out that good, but I had fun nonetheless and that's what matters. I like the trippy colours :'D Painting him naked felt odd for some reason, perhaps because he seems so unapproachable and I don't want to be one of those fangirls. But anything for the sake of consistency ;P Let's see if this turns into a triptych once TW3 rolls around...

/sorry for the blabla

...wait, what? These were your paintings? AMAZING. I should visit this section of the forum more often.

I've seen the last two posted on an imageboard months ago and needless to say I fukken saved them. Your Iorveth and Saskia portraits are beautiful as well, I hope they both get well soon. :3