Economy and Progression Needs Rebalance - Bring back the RPG in Cyberpunk

+
with 2.0 and PL, the economy no longer makes sense. It added some bugs as well. Leveling needs to chill just a bit.

I think this effects Early and Mid game sense of progression for V, as he starts from the bottom.

Few suggestions:

• Return to previous Economy and lower the cost of the new Cyberware.
OR
  • Lower the resell value of Guns
    • Raise the chance of broken guns
  • Rebalance the payout of Gigs and NCPD, Missions
    • Vic's 21k is too easy now
    • Rogue's 15k is nothing now
    • Spellbook is bugged, When paid double, it does not, calculations are wrong here
  • Apartments need to be updated, there's even a bug going around that the price paid is actually half of what's advertised
    • Apartments were a form of money sinks with a sense of progression. This has been lost with 2.0 with how easy it is to gain eddies.
      • Hacker's apartment can honestly be kept the same
      • The others need to be maybe 30-50% more, so we get back that rpg element of our V climbing up as they do more gigs and becomes a well-known merc
  • With the economy unbalanced, the rpg element of progression is just lost, the only progression we have is cyberware, while the main focus, everything else makes 0 sense now
  • Raise the price of certain cars if the economy is dialed up instead of down, Another element of RPG progression that was lost
  • Don't think we can do much about the flathead, I think there's voice lines involved with the pricing.
    • No more sense of pocketing the Cred Chip, when we can make that money in a few mins.
  • Leveling needs to be toned down, just a bit.
    • Let me enjoy the ride to chromed out Cyberpsycho , no need to speed the game up, I know everyone wants to be an edgerunner like David but damn don't strip the few RPG elements of the game, not everyone likes to have everything right away. I personally enjoyed going through gigs and NCPD and selling the loot to eventually afford that apartment and move out of the hacker apartment I got for free, that cool epic cyberware, that nice blue Quadra
    • Attribute checks scale way too much, I liked it better as you progressed the game, the checks were higher.
      • Can't even help that poor vending machine if im not the muscle class
Extra bit: Make Ripperdocs unique again, that's how we enjoyed the city, driving around, randomly encountering a gig, side quest, NCPD. We lost that moment we paid Vic back and got access to some cool gear. Better yet, to please both parties, maybe Vic has most of the cyberware or each doc specialize in cyberware while the corpo one has it all (add a legend of what each ripperdoc specializes). Otherwise what was the point of multiple Ripperdocs... just easy access? We can just fast travel.

Current Economy : Instead of doing the heist, Jackie and V could have just sold guns and be kings of Night City
Current Leveling Progression: Edgerunners, game is too hard, I want BIS and Best Apartment with no real effort.
Current Ripperdoc situation: Amazon

I have a ps5, no I can not use mods.

Last edited:
Top Bottom