Enemy design suggestions

+
For Enemy Boss design, or some high level enemies

I think it will be cool if the enemy can also use the "bullet time" abilities shown in the video, like that scene in "Justice league", where the flash found out that Superman can react in the same time speed as him. It would be interesting to see the similar scene in the game!

it would also be logical and makes more sense, since we aquire this ability (and possibiy other abilities) through an injection, and I am sure the crazy or powerful enemies we fight, won't mind using these injections.

Maybe the quest information could suggest that we bring certain injections to the fight beforehand, otherwise we will face hard fights, where we need to wait for the enemies ability to cool down before we can beat them.

I think it will be cool if the enemy can also use the "bullet time" abilities shown in the video, like that scene in "Justice league", where the flash found out that Superman can react in the same time speed as him. It would be interesting to see the similar scene in the game!

it would also be logical and makes more sense, since we aquire this ability (and possibiy other abilities) through an injection, and I am sure the crazy or powerful enemies we fight, won't mind using these injections.

Maybe the quest information could suggest that we bring certain injections to the fight beforehand, otherwise we will face hard fights, where we need to wait for the enemies ability to cool down before we can beat them.
Tbh that ability shouldnt even exist, or it needs a damn good explanation for it

Tbh that ability shouldnt even exist, or it needs a damn good explanation for it
It is supposed to represent *you* experiencing hugely boosted reflexes and cognitive throughput, in effect making you move so fast and boosting the hell out of your perception to the extent everyone else seems to be in slow motion from your perspective.

Kind of makes sense actually. So if an enemy is doing that, he would seem to be moving insanely fast as he twitches out of the way of your bullets. So snorting some 'Night City Marching Powder' yourself at the same time would have the effect of slowing everyone down *except* the similarly boosted Boss, who would presumably appear to be moving at normal speed whilst his minions appear to be trapped in treacle. That would be cool.

I think there should be a preadtor type enemy that can cloak him/herself and has ton of melee weapons and traps also if you try to drive away or run over them they jump on to the hood of the car and smash engine or go on the roof and try to rip you out of the car also have thermal vision, great at parkour but if you stand still or jump into a body of water they cant trace you.

Then jetpack freaks that wears costumes with capes to hide the jets built in their back also call themsevles supermen/ladies they also shoot laser out of their eyes but if you shoot with the flamethrower they will explode and you need weapons to shut down those jets. These are ranged enemy.

There robotic sumo enemies that are really good hand to hand combat, can throw vehicles and can run throw walls but arent really fast and are really bad in small spaces.

Like I said, they have a great opportunity here to create a far more dynamic combat system than in other First person action (roleplaying) games.

Superfast solo who can do all those evasive maneuvers as the player can, preferably wields a close range weapon.

Techie who can set up probes in an area and "control the the flow of combat": redirecting ricochet bullets and smart guns bullets back at you, EMP bursts, etc.

Or another that uses several types of drones and remotely controls them. Or another that sets up smart mines or traps near the player location, severely restricting your mobility. Or another that uses holo/audio projector to confuse the player.

Support character that rushes to wounded enemies, stabilizes them and deploys
EM shield blocking ( in direction of) player fire.

Classic slow moving/ heavily armored tank with a shield.

Netrunner that can mess with a whole range of player's systems: from implants, effecting your vision, accuracy, HUD, etc.

Stealth Ninja that cloaks, slowly creeps you from the walls with mantis blades, uses smoke bombs before closing for melee kill, etc.

Sniper that sets out a scout drone that marks the player.

And many others...really it depends on what kind of arsenal in terms of abilities, gadgets and weapons are we talking about here.

Done right, this game could have one the most fun action gameplay out there.

well there inhalers in this game no injections required , as for bullet time for enemies to my understanding its really only a perception thing. bullet time for the NPC through the eyes of a normal observer would be the npc just seems too have faster than normal reflexes. and I agree the Npc should be able too use combat drugs and use all the gear and cyberware that is available to the player. how ever how they would portray that with out breaking emersion is another thing entirely I guess they could have do some matrix style dodges but nothing as overboard as the matrix.
Post automatically merged:

bad guys usually come across as gangbangers to corporate goons too Law enforcement... heck you may even be up a against a Trauma team ... as your mark, has invested in a truama card....and maybe the occasional cyber psycho.

here is an example of a kind of gang you can find in Night city
Since there is footage of them in the game and i Assume its them ill do it on the Brainiac gang..
"from the night city source book"----the Brainiacs are the thinking mans booster gang, always choosing skill chips over other, clumsier cybernetics . they live for knowledge, and are willing to obtain it in anyway possible. It is believed that upper level members of the gang are so enhanced that they have become walking computers, hovering on the edge of cerebral cyberpsychosis. If you've got a new skill chip the brainiacs haven't seen before, getting there help will be a cakewalk.

Generally not as violent as your average booster gang , the brainiacs can be just as deadly, prefering elaborate traps or complicated schemes, too killing there victims outright. The brianiacs almost wiped out a chapter of the Blood Razors once by "arranging for their rivals too cross paths with a heavily armed Arasaka security force.

Despite multiple attempts by other gangs to wipe them out the brainiacs have always out smarted their opponents. This savvy has earned them a measure of respect in other places besides the street; high ranking brainiacs will occasionally hire them selves out too corporations for a few weeks to gain supplemental income.

The brainiacs claim a group of blocks north of the corporate center as home. they are not involved in any Turf wars right now , but are hated by most other booster gangs in the city (who will kill any brainiac caught alone.)

Brainiacs will only take new members that pass a rigorous IQ test. (applicants INT is 9+ )

there are many diverse and different gangs too run up against in night city the brainiacs is just one of them.

Last edited:
There psychopath murders that wonder the street at night just randomly kill people and you can either kill yourself or take him/her to jail for cash rewards.

There should animals to as enemy because poor people will dogs and cats but rich people will exotic animals like lions,tigers,gorillas and sharks In a shark tank to put you you in like in everyone spy movie.

I like the idea of having some of the unique enemies/bosses using their enivronment/hq to their advantage so that it is not all about sheer physical power or skill. An enemy that is tricky and requires a bit of thought.

I also like OP's mention of sometimes having to find out about weaknesses in order to turn up prepared. Reminds me of the bestiary and potions from the Witcher and makes tough enemy encounters almost like pulling off some kind of well planned heist. It takes away much of the need to simply out-shoot/move your enemy and should mean that if you're prepared, you don't need to shoot too many people at all. Brains/cunning over brawn if you will.

Maybe weaknesses could be an over reliance on automated security, henchman all plugged into the same network so that they act as one but then are more susceptible if the network is fried or perhaps drugs that you could spike in advance. That kind of thing.

Top Bottom