Enemy detection of the player!

+

CEAN0

Forum regular
How enemies is detecting you need to be addressed, like it is now so are they detecting you by the distance you are from them not if they can see or hear you, so you can you sneak past them in plain eyesight without they detect you. So they need to be able to hear you better the closer you are and see you if you are in there sight of line (eyesight).

Also how they hear the silencer needs to be fixed, they should hear it quit well if you are close to them and respond to it with aggression and not with suspicion, and the further away you are the harder they will have to hear the shots.

I can sneak trough the whole game with a silencer and never bee seen or heard like it is now, and that ruins the game.
Playing on the hardest setting.

Last edited:
hum... that's already the case, enemies can see me if I'm in their line of sight :)
And snipers can "see" me from very far. For example, during "Lightning Breaks", snipers can see me almost from on the hill where I get off the bike...

Last edited:
I'm definitely already being detected according to an enemies cone of vision, non-sneaking footsteps also alert them.

For me, suppressed rounds are able to kill perhaps one or two enemies, but their comrades are sometimes instantly able to detect a corpse (sometimes they're almost psychic in this way).

How enemies is detecting you need to be addressed, like it is now so are they detecting you by the distance you are from them not if they can see or hear you, so you can you sneak past them in plain eyesight without they detect you. So they need to be able to hear you better the closer you are and see you if you are in there sight of line (eyesight).

I don't think there is a problem with how the enemies are detecting you right now. What I want is maybe guards going to alert if we kill/take out a guard who was on the phone. I guess there are exceptions (like the guard is talking to someone unrelated to his/her organization and therefor even if the person on the other side is alerted that doesn't matter. And in general stealth being harder. Although again an argument against can be made as V describes her/himself as thief:)

Also how they hear the silencer needs to be fixed, they should hear it quit well if you are close to them and respond to it with aggression and not with suspicion, and the further away you are the harder they will have to hear the shots.

I can sneak trough the whole game with a silencer and never bee seen or heard like it is now, and that ruins the game.
Playing on the hardest setting.
I don't believe enemies should hear your silencer (maybe apart from very high lvl enemies/bosses with super special cyberware) , what they should do is hear the bullets (not sure if it is not already in the game) and/or the bodies dropping.
Post automatically merged:

I'm definitely already being detected according to an enemies cone of vision, non-sneaking footsteps also alert them.

For me, suppressed rounds are able to kill perhaps one or two enemies, but their comrades are sometimes instantly able to detect a corpse (sometimes they're almost psychic in this way).
Honestly with how they are always connected, unless you use the quickhack to mess with that, enemies should go into an alert state incredibly easy:)

I don't believe enemies should hear your silencer (maybe apart from very high lvl enemies/bosses with super special cyberware) , what they should do is hear the bullets (not sure if it is not already in the game) and/or the bodies dropping.
Enemies can hear bullets which hit walls/objects (useful to lure an enemy somewhere if you don't bother to alert a dude^^), can hear if an enemies is killed (an instant death, if not it's combat right away...) if they are close enough.

CEAN0

Forum regular
hum... that's already the case, enemies can see me if I'm in their line of sight :)
And snipers can "see" me from very far. For example, during "Lightning Breaks", snipers can see me almost from on the hill where I get off the bike...
Yes they can see you but only if you are in the coded distance that they will detect you, but you can sneak way to close to an enemy in the line of sight without that they will detect you!

Maybe they have cone vision but the detection radius is way to narrow, i can i sneak around them in a circle and they don't detect me even when i'm in the line of sight?

I don't think there is a problem with how the enemies are detecting you right now. What I want is maybe guards going to alert if we kill/take out a guard who was on the phone. I guess there are exceptions (like the guard is talking to someone unrelated to his/her organization and therefor even if the person on the other side is alerted that doesn't matter. And in general stealth being harder. Although again an argument against can be made as V describes her/himself as thief:)

Honestly with how they are always connected, unless you use the quickhack to mess with that, enemies should go into an alert state incredibly easy:)
I don't need to use quick hack or anything, AI in this game is really dum. And silencers is not so silent as you think in real life.

Last edited:
I don't need to use quick hack or anything, AI in this game is really dum. And silencers is not so silent as you think in real life.
That is true. I did a very quick google search to educate myself a little and it appears that 'silencer' is better named 'suppressor':) The thing is we are not talking about now, we are talking about the future. And then maybe they ARE silent. I don't know. We will need a lore buff for that:)
...oh I didn't mean that currently you have (although there might be interesting builds for V that don't crouch for stealth
and instead use the quickhack to stay stealthy...I don't know how well that will work but....), rather that stealth should be harder and you need to use all your tools to be able to be good at it. I keep imagining them connecting giving them a minimap with dots as the people and when one goes out suddenly enemies should go alert and investigate. And here the quickhack comes...maybe it creates a fake dot?
Otherwise, I am not sure why they are connected. Give them too many disadvantages just for simple communication:)

..../start drawing the summoning circle :D

Yes they can see you but only if you are in the coded distance that they will detect you, but you can sneak way to close to an enemy in the line of sight without that they will detect you!
Hum, maybe (probably) we don't play the same game, but on my side, it's quite far... And snipers, can see me far enough that the scanner don't slow time when I aim them with it...
Just completing the Heist (Konpeki) at low level (don't complete anything except main quests before), it's quite difficult without camo cyberware nor optic reboot (enemies require too much RAM to upload it with the base Cyberdeck...)

Just a test, a random dude in Arasaka park (as soon as he start to detect me).
PS : And I have 20 in cool... And the sniper on the footbridge can see me no matter how far in the hangar
27-05-2022_11-38-19-uxdfpufx.jpg

Maybe they have cone vision but the detection radius is way to narrow, i can i sneak around them in a circle and they don't detect me even when i'm in the line of sight?
Played Assassin Creed ?
It work exactly the same, even in the line of sight, you can kill a dude right in, front of his buddy if you're far enough of the detection distance :D
And silencers is not so silent as you think in real life.
hum... silencer work quite well I think (I'm not an expert...) :shrug:

Last edited:
And then maybe they ARE silent. I don't know. We will need a lore buff for that
No mention of suppressed/silent rounds in the 2020 book unfortunately.

In Cyberpunk RED guns have integral suppressors which means they're not 100% silent and mostly stop the user from blowing their eardrums out in a firefight.

I'm kind of jealous, I wish I could do that! :LOL: Super high Cool stat?

Regardless what you all say that the AI is good, well they is NOT. The AI is dumb and they walk around and say "what was that?" when they should be attacking due to i stand so close that in normal life you would be shoot at direct, and when games done for 10-15 years ago could make better AI i can't understand how the Dev's can be satisfied with this?

Last edited:
Regardless what you all say that the AI is good, well they is NOT. The AI is dumb and they walk around and say "what was that?" when they should be attacking due to i stand so close that in normal life you would be shoot at direct, and when games done for 10-15 years ago could make better AI i can't understand how the Dev's can be satisfied with this?
your rage about this topic reminds me to:
:D

Top Bottom