Ermion the selfish Avallach

+
Ermion the selfish Avallach

The discard archtype really abuses this card drawing two cards for free and just discarding two raiders are morkvarg or olgeird whom all of them just respawn on the board which gives skellige two free cards with 0 punishment.

4RM3D

Ex-moderator
Please stop posting threads like these in Tech Support (and on top of that, the PS4 sub-forum). Either use the General Discussions forum or the Suggestions forum as the name implies.

Anyhow, Ermion is not like Avallac'h. Ermion replaces cards, whereas Avallac'h draws extra cards. This is an important distinction. Ermion is suppose to work with the discard archetype. If you have a raider in hand, you can discard it for a free strength boost. Just like the Foot Soldiers in NG. It's not abusing anything, nor is it too strong. It does exactly what it's suppose to do; having a good synergy.

4RM3D;n9259211 said:
Please stop posting threads like these in Tech Support (and on top of that, the PS4 sub-forum). Either use the General Discussions forum or the Suggestions forum as the name implies.
My bad i just click on the first link in my hot bar when I type in gwent and it leads me to post a topic thing.

Anyway you are correct but I think avallach and ermion are more used for card thinning which they both do really well. But ermion doesnt give the opponent cards, and the downside to avallach is that he can give cards the opponent needs like slivers and golds. And theres no downside to ermion b/c the cards he discardes are just played onto the board, making ermion more powerful imo b/c it can also benefit cerys

I love playing Avallach. I also love when opponents play Ermion. I wish opponents would play Ermion AND Avallach.

But then again, I play Milfgaard. So...thin, baby, thin.

4RM3D

Ex-moderator
First of all, having opponents draw extra cards can also be used against them in case of muster cards (trios) and, more extreme, when they don't have any cards left. Second, Ermion only benefits the discard archetype. Thus you cannot compare both cards in a vacuum. That's not how it works. Besides, like I've said in my previous post, the whole discard archetype is based on discarding cards. Ermion is only a small part of that. If you think he is a problem, then you would have a problem with the whole archetype.

I dont play casuals at all and avallach is also one of the golds i play. Making NR draw into RH is no downside to them at all of anything its better for them, so they can just play them and neneke them back making one or two RH hand 12+ then neneke three back into their hand. And I dont nothing is wrong with discard SK. They just a little too strong imo, emrion can be a 25+ gold easily + thinning his deck.
and your oppent having 0 cards when you avallach is very unlikely unless your millgaard.

Avallach is not a tool mainly to mess up your opponent, although it does have that side effect when it comes to trio/crones, sometimes discard SK. Alot of top tier decks now do have cards they don't want in their hands, thus Avallach gets alittle boost. The prime example of Avallach's usage would be axeman and mill decks, where it is a tool to prolong the round. Where as Ermion can force you into awkward discard situation sometimes, and 7 power without good discards is very low tempo/value for a card.

The problem of Ermion really comes from the power level of current discard archtype atm, dial back a patch or two, Ermion rarely sees play outside of beginner decks.

Besides, you're crediting the point swing to the wrong card. Other factions also have bronze cards that jumps into the field.

Henselt can with the right card easily be a 50+ swing, is he OP? Rainfarn can be 30+. Eithne can be 50+. My point here is that the synergies is what makes the cards strong, and every deck has it.

Top Bottom