Fan translations

+
Fan translations

In my pursuit to learn more about the Witcher-verse, I've been reading just about all I can on the wiki. On the page for the short story "Something Ends, Something Begins" it says that you can Google a fan-translation of it. I tried that and failed. So I thought since we already got talking about fan-translations in the other topic, I'd ask if anyone knows where I can find "Something Ends, Something Begins" and possibly "A Road with no Return". Or, ya know, if someone (or several someones) would be willing to translate. Again, I will help edit (and I'm sure many others would too), but I know 0 Polish, so I'm sort of at a loss right now. ;D ETA: I found the Polish versions online and am now attempting to use Google's translation tool to do this. We'll see how well this turns out. Bwuhaha! (I really have lost my mind!)

Don't harm yourself with the Google translator or any other translation bot I used it when I intended to translate Polish articles from the Wiedźmińska Wiki. Even with lots of imagination and creativity the translations make hardly sense :dead:Try to find an Original Polish co-worker :beer:

I don't know...I wouldn't recommend going from a language you know nothing about to English using an electronic auto-translator. It's just not going to catch ANY of the nuances and as you can see, it's hard as hell to figure out what it even says.I'm actually involved in a fan translation project of Sword of Destiny. It isn't perfect...I don't think anyone is going from Polish to English. Personally, I'm a native English speaker who has studied Spanish academically for a number of years, so my reading and comprehension in that language is practically native by now. I'm going from the Spanish translation to the English.

Yeah, I gave up on that. I was able to pick up the general plot, but it's no more than I would've got from reading a summary. Am now waiting for all the lovely fan translations. ;D

In case anybody's still interested, I've done a complete translation of the first story from The Sword of Destiny. I can post a link here, if allowed, alternatively send me your email and I'll get it to you.

Shay13 said:
In case anybody's still interested, I've done a complete translation of the first story from The Sword of Destiny. I can post a link here, if allowed, alternatively send me your email and I'll get it to you.
You can post it as long as you don't expect to earn any money from it as how the moderators have put it before. I suggest you make a new thread about it. I look forward to it.

Top Bottom