[FEATURE REQUEST] - Series X: More savegame slots

+
Hey there!

Description:
Recently I ran into the issue that I couldn't save my game because of "Limited Space". But it's actually not my HD Space because I do have several 100GB's of free Space. It's obviously limited by the game itself.

Request:
The limitation of savegames should either be increased or completely removed from the game.

Why?
Cyberpunk is a game with high replayability and a huge amount of great moments you probably want to revisit from time to time. The limitation of available savegame slots is in crass contrast to this.

Kind regards!

On xbox, there is a "separate" and dedicated partition for OS and saves. It's for this reason that even with no game/app installed at all, you never have 1TB of free space, but something like 950GB. The 50GB are reserved for the xbox OS and the save files.
So even if you have 100GB or more of "free space", it's only free space for games/apps. But you could run out of space for saves.

I got the "issue" a little while ago. 100GB of free space displayed, but impossible to save anymore on any game. I wondered how it was possible... In fact I played (soo) many games since almost 3 years without deleting any saves for any games that the dedicated space for saves was simply full.

I had to do :
  • Select Settings > System > Storage.
  • On the Manage storage devicesscreen, select:
    • Clear local saved games. This deletes games saved to your hard drive, but they’ll still be saved to the cloud.
Then, when you will launch a game, the xbox will download the saves from the cloud. So you won't loose anything but now have plenty of free "saves" space for new games :)

I had to do :
  • Select Settings > System > Storage.
  • On the Manage storage devicesscreen, select:
    • Clear local saved games. This deletes games saved to your hard drive, but they’ll still be saved to the cloud.
Then, when you will launch a game, the xbox will download the saves from the cloud. So you won't loose anything but now have plenty of free "saves" space for new games :)
Thank you for this clarification and your workaround! I'll definetely look it up (y)

Thank you for this clarification and your workaround! I'll definetely look it up (y)
Yep, I'm pretty confident it's the issue you encounter.
Only auto-saves are limited to 20, but you should be able to create as many manual save as you want (well... maybe not thousands, but a decent amount^^).

Top Bottom