Flying Wild Hog remaking 'Shadow Warrior'.

+
When crafting a solid Wang experience, it's the finer points that count:

http://www.gametrail...clusive-trailer

*you know I'm getting anxious when I start editing my dick jokes.

Alright, finally preordered it on gog. Hope the game turn out to be good. Downloadng soundtrack.

SW on GOG is still the cheapest. Even with Steam -10% off coupon they are giving away to everyone its still 1-2$ more expensive.

Saoe said:
SW on GOG is still the cheapest. Even with Steam -10% off coupon they are giving away to everyone its still 1-2$ more expensive.

DRM aside, Steam seems to have the better deal if you want more stuff. But knowing FWH, we may be getting some free content in the future. The levels they added to Hard Reset EE gave me 2-3 of additional gameplay.

As an old time SW fan I'm not very impressed this game due to it's getting rid of the so called 'racism" and "sexism" and general raunchy humor of the original and it's gameplay not looking too appealing.

Frankly, I'd group it with Capcom's misguided Devil May Cry reboot.

Seboist said:
As an old time SW fan I'm not very impressed this game due to it's getting rid of the so called 'racism" and "sexism" and general raunchy humor of the original and it's gameplay not looking too appealing.

Frankly, I'd group it with Capcom's misguided Devil May Cry reboot.

Lots of players feel that way no doubt because there have been so many lame reboots that are nothing more than cash-ins. What matters most to me is the gameplay, and so far it looks great, like a fast paced old school shooter. As for the racism and such, I don't need it, and leaving it out does not preclude good humor or an edgy style to the game. I never found the 3D realms style humor very funny so I've no attachment there. I hope they put out a demo because there'll be a lot of people on the fence.

I'm definitely getting this, sword combat looks pretty good.

Edit: Because as all know i'm an infamous swordsman, and used to be called the Flashing Blade, but then I got arrested.

Bloth said:
I'm definitely getting this, sword combat looks pretty good.

Edit: Because as all know i'm an infamous swordsman, and used to be called the Flashing Blade, but then I got arrested.

Their goal was to make the Katana a viable weapon for the entire game. That's right, you get to complete a modern FPS with a goddamn sword.

Yep, it's been clearly said in few of the previews that the katana feels like no. 1 weapon that you can complete the whole game with. I'm curious how it turns out!

Some gameplay. I dare say this is looking more old school than Hard Reset. The levels seem a bit more like Painkiller. One of the brilliant design decisions is that if Lo Wang uses his magic powers, then the enemies will use theirs. So there's an element of escalation. FWH have said in an interview that they want to support the game post release, and based on this interview, I wouldn't rule out MP. Now I'm usually not a fan of MP, but how fucking cool would it be if Shadow Warrior ushered in a new era of Doom/Unreal style MP? I know back in the day Painkiller had a pretty healthy tourney circuit. One interesting detail: this game was made in a mere 18 months
http://www.gamespot.com/shows/now-playing/?event=shadow-warrior-20130920&tag=Topslot;Slot4

Arena mode and new skins released each month for free. I really hope they do an extended edition like they did with Hard Reset.

Akhem...so who's got Saints Row IV and Shadow Warrior?

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2013/09/25/wang-squared-saints-rows-er-bat-in-shadow-warrior/

NSFW :p

If RPS likes Shadow Warrior, it must be good: http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2013/09/26/wot-i-think-shadow-warrior/

Downloading now from GOG.

So, is here someone who is playing this game?.. because i'm, and i have great time with it.. so much fun.. the new truly successor of Painkiller

I started out a bit critical of it, but that impression is quickly evaporating. The humor is much better than the original, melee is vicious and I'm loving Hoji. What a troll.

I have to say that I'm having a blast with it. Played 3 hours non stop this evening, my wrist hurts like in the good old days.

As far as quality goes the game is really polished, runs smooth and has lot of customization options. Controls are responsive and things like movement speed, jump height feel well balanced so the gameplay feels "just right". Art direction definitely is a highlight, with various locations and themes, however there is a little bit of asset recycling here and there. Dismemberment is on par with Blade of Darkness, making Katana a weapon of choice. That is also being caused by range weapons feeling a little nerfed, at least the initial ones I managed to find.

Also, white rabbits have their angel of vengeance!

Top Bottom