Game breaking invisible walls and missing loot (patch 1.63)

+
The problem:

I don't know which exact patch causes this, since I started playing after a long break, but for some reason at the very beginning of the prologue in the corpo and street kid path you get blocked off via invisible wall from continuing the story at the elevator to Jenkins in the corpo path and at the stairs towards Kirk when you're about to accept to steal the luxury vehicle. Nomad path seems to be working normally until you are let out in the open world when I again get blocked off via invisible wall when I'm about to meet Judy for the first time.

I've only checked one NCPD crime report location on this patch, but that's because I wanted to rush the prologue. Anyways, the NCPD crime report near the location where Dex drops you off after discussing the plan about the Heist is missing the loot bag which you need to clear the area and get the rewards.

Judging from how many problems I've encountered already it seems like something went horribly wrong with either my files or some patch itself is causing all of this. It wouldn't surprise me if I were to run into even more unintentional invisible walls and missing loot if I were to try and continue to play on this current version.

What I've tried so far:

- I've verified the game files multiple times
- Uninstalling all mods that I had previously installed
- Reinstalling the whole game itself
- Playing around with the in-game settings

It's most likely some weird files issue since I've been running Cyberpunk without any game breaking problems since launch.

The screenshots below are for a point of reference where I've encountered the invisible walls and missing loot.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-06-29 051859.png
    Screenshot 2023-06-29 051859.png
    2.4 MB · Views: 57
  • Screenshot 2023-06-29 051853.png
    Screenshot 2023-06-29 051853.png
    3.2 MB · Views: 58
  • Screenshot 2023-06-29 051846.png
    Screenshot 2023-06-29 051846.png
    3.7 MB · Views: 52
  • Screenshot 2023-06-29 051836.png
    Screenshot 2023-06-29 051836.png
    3.2 MB · Views: 50
I see that you mentioned Re-installing the game. Sometimes with Mods a "clean install" is required did you just re-install or did you go through and do an actual "Clean install"? if you need it, the guide to clean install can be found here:

How do I clean-install my game? — Cyberpunk 2077 | Technical Support — CD PROJEKT RED

It is also possible the save is corrupted, however before starting a new game I would suggest trying the clean install first and then if the game launches and plays ok without the problem occurring, reinstall the mods and if the problem returns after the mods are installed then one of them is the cause.

if you've already tried a clean install and the problem is still happening its either a mod or a corrupted save file, try starting a new game without mods to see if that fixes it.

it's possible that it's just a new issue with 1.63, but I have not seen this specific issue pop up. and I play on PC with mods and Ps5 without (Obviously) and haven't run into this on either platform.

I see that you mentioned Re-installing the game. Sometimes with Mods a "clean install" is required did you just re-install or did you go through and do an actual "Clean install"? if you need it, the guide to clean install can be found here:

How do I clean-install my game? — Cyberpunk 2077 | Technical Support — CD PROJEKT RED

It is also possible the save is corrupted, however before starting a new game I would suggest trying the clean install first and then if the game launches and plays ok without the problem occurring, reinstall the mods and if the problem returns after the mods are installed then one of them is the cause.

if you've already tried a clean install and the problem is still happening its either a mod or a corrupted save file, try starting a new game without mods to see if that fixes it.

it's possible that it's just a new issue with 1.63, but I have not seen this specific issue pop up. and I play on PC with mods and Ps5 without (Obviously) and haven't run into this on either platform.
Seems like a clean install did it for me, at least for now.

Ty for the help.

Top Bottom