Crash to desktop after sleeping in V's bed for the first time (v2.1)

+
The summary is basically what the title says.

I've started the game since I last played in August (so, last time I played Phantom Libery wasn't out yet), bought the DLC, and started a new save from scracht in 2.1. Played the prologue, saved Sandra, got to my apartment, and then the game forces you to sleep. And when V's eyes shut, so does my game (crashes to desktop).

I've tried the following (without success):

• sleeping multiple times to see if it was a one-time crash.
  • loading previous saves, going to the apartment, and sleeping.
  • restarting my PC.
  • checking the game's files' integrity.
  • reinstalling my GPU drivers.
  • uninstalling and reinstalling the game.
  • googling the issue to see if other users had the same case and had found a solution.
  • ran the executable as administrator and added both the .exe and the game's folder to an exception of Windows Security in case it was trying to access a memory position that the computer didn't want to allow it to access.
Reading the stacktrace, I've found out that the error always seems to be the same: crash after sleeping in V's bed. It always spits out the same error code: 0xC0000005. With the same error message: "EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION (0xC0000005) Message: The thread attempted to read inaccessible data at 0x47FAD8."

So, the game is trying to read whatever is in memory position 0x47FAD8, and that memory position either doesn't exist or the game doesn't have the permissions to access it. Any ideas what to do?

Attached you can find my savegame. Please, help me, I'm really desperate.
Post automatically merged:

Additionally, I've tried starting a game from scratch as a corpo V, and encountered the same bug.

Attachments

• AutoSave-11.zip
    1.6 MB · Views: 11
Last edited:
Upvote 0
The summary is basically what the title says.

I've started the game since I last played in August (so, last time I played Phantom Libery wasn't out yet), bought the DLC, and started a new save from scracht in 2.1. Played the prologue, saved Sandra, got to my apartment, and then the game forces you to sleep. And when V's eyes shut, so does my game (crashes to desktop).

I've tried the following (without success):

• sleeping multiple times to see if it was a one-time crash.
  • loading previous saves, going to the apartment, and sleeping.
  • restarting my PC.
  • checking the game's files' integrity.
  • reinstalling my GPU drivers.
  • uninstalling and reinstalling the game.
  • googling the issue to see if other users had the same case and had found a solution.
  • ran the executable as administrator and added both the .exe and the game's folder to an exception of Windows Security in case it was trying to access a memory position that the computer didn't want to allow it to access.
Reading the stacktrace, I've found out that the error always seems to be the same: crash after sleeping in V's bed. It always spits out the same error code: 0xC0000005. With the same error message: "EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION (0xC0000005) Message: The thread attempted to read inaccessible data at 0x47FAD8."

So, the game is trying to read whatever is in memory position 0x47FAD8, and that memory position either doesn't exist or the game doesn't have the permissions to access it. Any ideas what to do?

Attached you can find my savegame. Please, help me, I'm really desperate.
Would suggest based on W10 Steam to try the following in this order:

1) Remove the Cyberpunk 2077 folder out of the Common folder.
2) Remove the CD Project Red folder out of the Saved Game folder.
3) Select Uninstall Cyberpunk on Steam.
4) Select Exit Steam, restart your PC, internet modem and router.
5) Reinstall the game. (Preferably on the Windows storage).
6) Make a backup of the game. (Optional)

Can try your saves again, but if it still crashes, then swap out the game with the backup, remove the newly made CD Project Red folder, and start the game from the beginning again.

The reason for this is that ever since 2.0, once an issue arises, it keeps hampering the game for the rest of it's playthrough.

Hope this helps. Cheers.

Top Bottom