Game changes system sound to 30

+
Hi,

Cyberpunk keeps turning my system sound to 30 every time it's open and I cannot figure out how or why and it drives me crazy since it's quiet.
I'll just give a list of thing that happened or I tried, that don't fix anything.
Please keep in mind it happens only with Cyberpunk game:

1) Sound in-game 100 all sliders, system 100.
Open game, system (windows) sound goes 30;
Alt-tab and change it to 100 (works - sound in background from game is louder - i think this is very important, just don't know how =));
Switch to Cyberpunk - system goes 30, the exact value every time.

2) Tried game in Fullscreen, windowed Fullscreen, and window - same thing every time.
3) All drivers up to date.
4) Edit: In Volume Mixer all to 100

Never ever encountered something like this in any other game and couldn't find anything on net either.
I just can't even imagine what would cause for a specific single app to change system sound settings.

Last edited:
Do you use any kind of sound software, for example Sonic Studio? Comes with Asus motherboards. If so, go to Windows sound settings and disable it (speaker properties). You dont have to uninstall it. You can have several sound sources. Deny them from programs. Leave only one active. Dont know if this helps but you can try.

Found the solution. If anyone ever needs it:
Go to System-sound-More sound settings and find the device you need - go to properties - advanced and uncheck the box "Allow applications to take exclusive control of this device".

God knows why it's ON by default, and why Cyberpunk specifically decided to change system value.

Top Bottom