Soundscape poor and lacking / Missing sounds

+
Hi,
i started a new game on 2.0 yesterday and I quickly noticed that something was off with the sound. Dialogs sounded real sterile, like I was sitting in a sound booth. Rain made no noise on the car or the surroundings, footsteps are really quiet. Dialogs mute the entire soundscape. It's hard to describe or to pinpoint the exact moments, but I had it on several occasions and with different game states after reboots and restarts for two days now. I could not put my finger on it, but one thing gave it away: the traffic lights that talk—don't talk no more!

I tried the 16-bit 48000kHz fix—did nothing, or better said, I was already on that setting.
I tried all the different sound options—nothing.
Fiddled with the sound volumes—nothing.

So either I'm going insane or the game has a sound issue I did not have with the initial release version; I banked 95 hours three years ago. Please, does anyone have the same issues or am I missing something?

EDIT: I recorded the muted traffic lights and I think I hear the sterile voice-over with the Corn Cargane dialog at the end:

Last edited:
I noticed in the meeting with Evelyn, the couch isn't squeaky any more? I suspect now you have pointed it out, I will be noticing it all the m time now...

the more they try to fix, more they break as well.. it´s never ending cycle
I swear, it's driving me absolutely insane how CDPR has a tendency to break visuals or stuff like this, and then just not fix them FOREVER. In a game that lives from its visuals and immersion, these things just make me absolutely mad. It's the same with the eye catchlights they broke, and then just left like that forever.

Playing on Pc with no mods fresh install and new game.

Something is off with the sound its hard to describe but everything sounds muted dull and as the opening poster said its like sitting in a sound booth.

When in dialog every other sound around you nearly vanishes.

Have tried different sound settings and volumes but nothing helps and It Is not fun :(

I haven't tried this yet, but it occurred to me that it should be reproducible:

I think it's after the very first gig with Jackie and the Scavenger where you rescue the woman and hand her over to the Trauma Team.
After that, Jackie drives you home and in my playthrough, it rained. I had zero rain sounds the whole drive.
You come to a bridge with an NCPD roadblock where Jackie opens the window to talk to the officer. No rain sounds with the open window and the whole dialog is in sound booth mode.

I am not sure if this a bug or not? The only sound changes I detected that appear to be intentional is that in cars there is now a different reverb processing, as if the engine sound reverbs in the car interior. And I frequently switch between 2.0 and 1.63 for the last few days. However I spent most of my time outdoors driving and fighting with gangs.

Top Bottom