Game Stutters Only When Launched Through GOG

+
I returned to playing this game after the 2.0 update. I have the GOG version to support CDPR, but I find that the game stutters heavily whenever I turn the camera fast. Huge FPS drop.
I tried tweaking all kinds of graphical settings both in and out of game, only to find that this only happens when the game is launched by clicking the PLAY button in GOG Galaxy. The problem no longer seems to persist when I launch the game directly by running Cyberpunk2077.exe in the Cyberpunk 2077/bin/x64/ folder. I'm not 100% positive since I didn't control all other variables and test this thoroughly enough, but I think there's very likely a problem with the GOG Launcher.
Hope this helps someone who encounters similar problems.

I have to thank you for the post. I been playing again for the update on the PS5 ver. but wanted to try again with the pc copy I had since I preordered it. Playing on PC was hard and after trying many times changing the settings I was going to give up buying the DLC for PC due to the constant stutters, it has decent framerate even without FSR turned on now. But with GOG on the game stutters a lot making it a bit unplayable for me, and made me think of upgrading some expensive parts of my pc like CPU and motherboard. thank you, really

Can't remember but does Gog galaxy have an overlay feature?
I do launch my game from the galaxy client and haven't run into any issues, but can't remember if I turned the overlay off or not, if there is such a thing....

Could also be if you're playing in real fullscreen and not borderless window mode. I prefer borderless window because it's just easier when switching between monitors / other programs. And often find that real fullscreen causes issues with games themselves.

Top Bottom