Glitering/Sparkling Textures using Ray Tracing : Overdrive Mode

+
Greetings,

Anyone encountered this sort of glitches when using Overdrive mode?
So far I've ben testing roaming around the city and it's working as intended.
As for the glitches...it happened in certain scene such as through fences as well but NPCS roaming around cluttered together are the worst sight overall.
Using latest drivers Nvidia 531.41 and RTX 4080.

Fully aware this is still in preview though.
Much appreciated.

Attachments

• Overdrive.jpg
    Overdrive.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 498
  • Pyscho.jpg
    Pyscho.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 488

iCake

Forum veteran
Yes, happens in my game and often too. If I were too guess, that is due to the insufficient amount of rays cast to resolve lightning and shading. Happens often on surfaces, like walls, it does not have to be npcs, where light is obstructed by other objects and has troubles reaching. The denoiser pass is there to fix such issues but it looks like there are limits to what it can do, the resolve is just too incomplete in some cases for it to be effective.

Yeah, defo it is. This is just one of the bad example and it kinda breaks the graphical immersion for me.

It has been happening even on normal Ray trace mode actually but it's much worse now when on OVERIDE mode.
That denoiser pass is really distracting but I guess we have to wait for the tech to mature more in the future. (Still far from perfect)
Thanks for clarifying it up. Appreciate it,

Yep. Overdrive might be in "preview", but even normal ray-tracing now has some major issues. The texture sparkling, DLSS is glitching, etc. I even dare to say the performance has dropped possibly due to some memory leak issue?

Top Bottom