Got rid of blurriness - lost RT+ULTRA settings

+
instasize_201212174816.png

Wow.
Went from high setup and stable FPS and full blown RT to trying out DRS on which I am totally a newbie but I had to go from 97% quality to around 80% (in Nvidia optimal preset) and when I cranked the DRS to 4K I got pushed down to almost 50% and fps around 25-33.

I have Intel i5 1D400F CPU @ 2.90ghz, 16g ram, GeForce RTX 2060 SUPER, 62hz LCD TV.

Guess I'll ignore the RT function and some of the Ultra settings and go with 1440p since the complete overall looks better.

I'm sure many PC(nvidia) users is already familiar with RDS but I have only tried it once in Rainbow 6 with the HD pack and from enabling it inside the game and since I've only had my PC for 4-5 mounths I've missed it so time to take a break and go some online courses aka check YT..

Oh well, at least I realized how I myself could get rid of that awfully ugly blurriness in mirrors/inventory.

I have a feeling the console players see the same blurriness?
Maybe unless you're playing on PRO and a 1440p/4K monitor?

Edit: guess I want to apologize to the devs when I whined about the look in mirrors and inventory since its clear they've only made a game for today's tech and I am using several years old LCD TV and as mentioned was unaware of DRS function.
Sidenote: this may help some one else or I may learn some more XD

Last edited:
Using DRS cleared a lot of blurriness and noise for me. Went from 1080p (I got 1080p display) to DRS 1440p without noticeable performance dip. 4k was too much for my machine and I didn't want to lower graphics settings.
So if game doesn't look good for you on 1080p try messing with DRS.

Using DRS cleared a lot of blurriness and noise for me. Went from 1080p (I got 1080p display) to DRS 1440p without noticeable performance dip. 4k was too much for my machine and I didn't want to lower graphics settings.

Insomniac here so... DRS? My mind is not computing.

I have a 2070 Super, and i play on a Samsung odyssey G7 32" 240 HZ monitor, and the blurriness is really...really bad even on new panels sadly.
Yeah man I dunno, I've been forcing a humble mindset of understanding and with hope for upcoming fixes but it's awfully clear that what we've seen in the trailers and the live events was everything but the larger glitches and the smaller mechanics and lack of options.
I'm starting to lack words tbh

Yeah man I dunno, I've been forcing a humble mindset of understanding and with hope for upcoming fixes but it's awfully clear that what we've seen in the trailers and the live events was everything but the larger glitches and the smaller mechanics and lack of options.
I'm starting to lack words tbh

I have no idea on what systems and specs they showed the game so far, but it seems light-years away from what i have at least. I went from 1440 to 1080 and some other tweaks to get it a bit clear, and now it looks better, but i do know i have lot´s lost.

Insomniac here so... DRS? My mind is not computing.
Dynamic Super Resolution to turn the monitor into something its not, at least tricking it that way =P so on my 1080p I can crank it up to 2160(4K).. but it was way to heavy for my rig so put it to 1440p

Dynamic Super Resolution to turn the monitor into something its not, at least tricking it that way =P so on my 1080p I can crank it up to 2160(4K).. but it was way to heavy for my rig so put it to 1440p

Ah..noted!
Yeah im on a monster panel and i have been mixing DLSS a lot to a good spot for now, but on 1080 to make it less grainy tho. Really is a tricky spot to find where to dial in.

That's odd.. I only tried through the different drs to see the difference and then I had to take a break from it any way so I'll check out some YT and see what I can learn =)

The higher resolution, the less grainy everything looks (at least for me). You might want to look at Screen Space Reflections. Anything below psycho produces grainy surface. On lower resolutions (1080, 1440) even on psycho graininess is visible.

The higher resolution, the less grainy everything looks (at least for me). You might want to look at Screen Space Reflections. Anything below psycho produces grainy surface. On lower resolutions (1080, 1440) even on psycho graininess is visible.
One way to reduce the grain a bit more, except for the first obvious choice of disabling film grain, is to boost focus/clearness from within graphic cards settings and then in game options disabling Chromatic Aberration.
I will try putting Cascaded Shadow Resolution to medium bc I just learned it may grant up to 10 extra FPS, for some gamers even way more so def worth a check =)
Post automatically merged:

I have no idea on what systems and specs they showed the game so far, but it seems light-years away from what i have at least. I went from 1440 to 1080 and some other tweaks to get it a bit clear, and now it looks better, but i do know i have lot´s lost.
I hear you man, its honestly only devs and hard-core gamers/streamers who can keep up with new tech and also afford it.

I feel much the same for Eacape From Tarkov when seeing the 2 latest trailers for the new upcoming map and it looks incredible but when I'm playing I'm a bit from their settings and with no FPS in sight so have to downgrade even further for the FPS... but EFT optimizations is a complete enigma and even players with better rigs than me have encountered heavy performance issues so =/

I see a similarity from the Russian creators at Battle State Games who made that game and CDPR who, geographically speaking are making things way different then what we gamers are used to see from the American/English AAA companies and a shame to say that its not a positive thing since CP2077 lack alot of basic options to adjust and tweak to our liking and/or need..

Last edited:
Top Bottom