GPU running at 100%

+
I have been having this issue since I installed Cyberpunk 2077 on this computer. The GPU revs up to 100% while my CPU hovers around 30%. No matter what I put the settings to this continues and the performance is abysmal. 40 FPS, at best, even at lowest settings.

My systems specs are
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X
Ram: 32GB
GPU: AMD Radeon 6900 XT
Windows 11 Pro

Is Anyone else having similar problems? I have been noticing people with the polar opposite happeing for them.

Settings? resolution? if your maxing everything without using FSR its pretty common performance at some resolutions.
Lowest setting, GPU revs up to 100% top FPS of 30 on benchmark, resolution was 4K, going to try at 2K. My AMD system just seems to hate running Cyberpunk at 4K. That seems to have solved my problem completely. 2K runs at a solid 90 fps at top settings. strange 4K would be such a hard hit at any setting.

100% GPU , its not the problem here .
if any game you see 99% / 100% GPU , its great with temp GPU above 65/70 °C , is means tha game exploit all ressource GPU :)

now your problem , with your config , at least you'll have abobe 40/60 fps hight setting graphic with some RT on on 4K , even Cyberpunk 2077 need heavy congig to run all sphyco/ultra setting on 4K .

first step
- clear cache folder
- verify integrity of the game
- check update drivers GPU
- check if you any anti-virus running backroung ( having this issues with windows defender on this game , i turn it off when playing )

be aware , each time you changing some setting grahic , you need to relaunch the game .

on last resort ,
add your dxdiag on post , may be someone can help on your issues

Lowest setting, GPU revs up to 100% top FPS of 30 on benchmark, resolution was 4K, going to try at 2K. My AMD system just seems to hate running Cyberpunk at 4K. That seems to have solved my problem completely. 2K runs at a solid 90 fps at top settings. strange 4K would be such a hard hit at any setting.
Its much harder too run then 1080p/1440p. Cant say with FSR and AMD but you should be able too get okish fps with FSR on. RT pretty much cuts performance in half even on nvidia cards -.- atleast at max settings

...CPU hovers around 30%...
This might be misleading, for instance if the game only uses 1 logical core this core could be utilised by 100%, but CPU usage would still be 6.25%.

Now, in the case of Cyberpunk 2077, which does not use SMT on AMD systems half of your logical cores will already not be used by the system, which means CPU utilisation will not significantly exceed 50%. (Naturally, the system will use the other cores as well and they won't sit around 0%.) I assume Cyberpunk 2077 won't use more than 6 cores, which leads to a theoretical maximum of 37.5%.

With this out of the way, a 5800X should still be able to offer more FPS than 40, but it might struggle more than you think.

Now, in the case of Cyberpunk 2077, which does not use SMT on AMD systems half of your logical cores will already not be used by the system, which means CPU utilisation will not significantly exceed 50%. (Naturally, the system will use the other cores as well and they won't sit around 0%.) I assume Cyberpunk 2077 won't use more than 6 cores, which leads to a theoretical maximum of 37.5%.
Tbh i saw higher then 50% usage with the SMT fix from CET, it used more threads and spread it better (3900x here too so 24 threads). Without it tho it was very low. Not sure how much differance it did with FPS but i felt like the balancing of the load was much better with the fix. Also rarely hade physics or loading issues with the fix.

Tbh i saw higher then 50% usage with the SMT fix from CET, it used more threads and spread it better (3900x here too so 24 threads). Without it tho it was very low. Not sure how much differance it did with FPS but i felt like the balancing of the load was much better with the fix. Also rarely hade physics or loading issues with the fix.
It should not make a difference on CPUs with more cores, especially considering CDPR is just following AMD's recommendation.

It should not make a difference on CPUs with more cores, especially considering CDPR is just following AMD's recommendation.
Yea i think theres something wrong with there fix or something. They did the fix pretty early or you could fix it by hex edits. I havent tested in 1.6 so might not work anymore, but with the fix i got higher usage of my cpu. Like i said i did not se any fps increase but im playing at 4k so im gpu limited anyways. It wasent allways 50% or higher but i saw higher spread too witch kinda points towards the fix doing something with the load.

Easiest example i have with the overlay on.

Top Bottom