Gray Skin texture bug/glitch around shoulder and neck with Female Player Character when wearing certain cloth.

+
Same problem here! Any fix?

Something with body texture :(
Cyberpunk 2077 Screenshot 2020.12.21 - 18.54.09.98.png
Cyberpunk 2077 Screenshot 2020.12.21 - 19.05.37.35.png
Cyberpunk 2077 Screenshot 2020.12.21 - 19.09.46.44.png
Cyberpunk 2077 Screenshot 2020.12.21 - 19.09.37.87.png

Glad I found this thread... though no fixes it seems x.x
Just to add my info, have played since about the 20th of December without this issue at all, then it just appeared today, Jan 17th. I am on PC and had just installed a few mods today and tried a character editor so thought it had to do with that. Deleted the mods, they were all clothing mods and had changed one save file with CyberCATt save editor for transferring appearances.
Now though with everything deleted all my saves seem to have this same issue of gray spots around shoulders on any shirt you can see skin there, but is fine when you take them off or replace with long sleeve.
Seeing all these other posts doubting now it was any of the mods since no one else has mentioned any, but am unsure what the cause is now or what to do.
Hopefully will be resolved soon, or if i find a fix will update here.

There is a gray "top" mesh this game uses to hide seams. You can remove it with a mod, but instead of gray color empty (no texture) seams will appear. Still this is better than gray, not so visible.
The problem is that some clothes meshes were not rigged and skinned properly to work with head and another clothes, so seams are visible

Before
skin1.png

After
skin2.png

The mod:

i know there is now fix. but i think i will write when it happened for me... cause i played around 75hrs without this bug now. i know that cause i often use foto mode. i think it came after the search and destory mission. when you wake up in pacifica. for me it wont happen if the upper bodey is naked only with all sleeveless shirts. i tried to redownload the game now for around 3 hrs and it hasnt helped sadly. i get this bug even when i start a new game. dont know hope this will help to fix this problem. i dont think it will help. but i will install my gpu driver new... but who knows. its a little annoying this bug. i hope we get a patch very soon :(

small edit: naah gpu driver wont help sadly. and its seems that only V has this bug for me luckily

Last edited:
IMO, that grey mesh is an extra made to hide the fact that the body is slightly separated from the head but someone forgot the texture or it was meant for something else like Cyberwear. in any case, there is now a mod (link in previous post) that remove this.

Patch 1.1 rolled around and sadly this has not been fixed yet, at least not on PC. It being a purely visual issue could mean it's simply not a high priority, but I still hope CDPR is aware of it and working towards a fix.

I'm not sure. There's only one way to find out. Does it only happen with clothes that leave parts of the clavicle, and shoulders exposed? Does it happen with a crew neck t-shirt, like does it show up around the biceps where the arm holes are?

As u can see the issue only with a inner torso clothing.
1611501484458.png
1611501511747.png
But I've found that this outer torso top fixes this glitch
1611501664915.png

1611502188029.png

Last edited:
It even appears on revealing outerwear:
bug1.png

But the leg displacement of this legendary one-piece also worn as outer top is even worse:
bug2.png

Even the corpo dresses with transparent back have the grey texture bug:
bug3.png

No fix for console users as of 1.11. It seems to be worse with some tank tops than others.

This bug also affects Male V. I only see grey lines and blotches when wearing the Punk tank top, but I have seen my skin peeling away while wearing the Animals bandolier and a red tank top I looted from Taki Kemochi.

Fictional Night City is geographically located near San Jose, so I'd like to be able to dress like a Californian instead of dressing myself from wrist to neck in order to avoid his bug.

Please fix this with the next patch, CDPR.

I got this thing going where when gorilla arms are equipped my right arm is significantly darker than the rest of my body.

I got this thing going where when gorilla arms are equipped my right arm is significantly darker than the rest of my body.
Funny that you should mention cyberware for the Arm slot.

After some testing with previous saves, I discovered that it is the Monowire that is causing my skin to tear at my shoulders and not the bandolier.

The peeling skin kinda looks like wings and I can see the deformations when I look in the mirror or take snapshots in photo mode. It's pretty disturbing.

Wearing tank top inner torso clothing just causes patches of discoloration. The blotches are unsightly but not immersion destroying. Some outer torso items like vests allow me to go California sleeveless and also gets rid of some grey blotches, but I prefer the look of the combat bandoliers. They make me look more like a merc.

I guess the workaround is to revert to a previous save and avoid installing any cyberware on my arms until (hopefully) the next patch fixes things.

Guess I am going to have to play something else for a while. I hope this gets fixed soon.

There is a mod that worked before patch 1.2
It may be worth keeping an eye if its ever updated:

There are two versions, the one with the fit body still works for the grey mesh and tops but most long clothes have clipping issues. The "Only Grey Mesh Fix" is not working atm (03/30)

After putting 600+ hours into the game after launch, I've been gone for a while. And man, I am incredibly disappointed to see this glaring in-your-face graphic bug still in the game.

Top Bottom