Gta vs cyberpunk

+
Polishing an open world game require tons of resources .

Rockstar absolutely nailed it, GTAV and RDR2 was so smooth, so nice, masterpiece level craftsmanship .

2077 had many ideas, maybe too many and they all got tangled up , peppered with bugs ... it's like the devs couldn't make up their mind so they threw everything into the mixer...

Rockstar absolutely nailed it, GTAV and RDR2 was so smooth, so nice, masterpiece level craftsmanship .

2077 had many ideas, maybe too much and they all got tangled up , peppered with bugs ...
How can R* not nail it? I mean, it's R*. They're tenured and has a massive catalog. They've been making Sandboxes since 97 back when it was just a simple top-down crime game. Little by little, they made jumps through other franchises like Max Payne and L.A. Noire and RD to where they are now. Yet even GTA4, 5 and RDR2 was a mess at launch even with all that experience.

CDPR started 1 game in 2007 and it wasn't even an open-world sandbox. It was an RPG. It wasn't until the 3rd entry of that 1 single franchise when they went open-world in 2015. And all of their games have always been heavily flawed because their strength lies elsewhere. People loved that strength in TW3 despite it's flaws and even embraced Roach who was a crappy but nonetheless memorable horse.

This is only their 2nd open-world RPG. Imagine what they can do on the 4th if they learn from all this. Catching up to a company like R* is not a small feat.

And Cyberpunk can already hold it's own strengths against Watch Dogs: Legion. A 3rd entry from a company that makes countless open-world games.

Last edited:

2077 had many ideas, maybe too many and they all got tangled up , peppered with bugs ... it's like the devs couldn't make up their mind so they threw everything into the mixer...
Not on PC at launch. Red Dead Redemption 2 was an unplayable mess, got fixed 1 month later and become a masterpiece. Same thing is happening for Cyberpunk on consoles.

Combat is too simplistic and lackluster in GTA, while it is awsome in Cyberpunk. You can do a lot of crazy ass build that provides a lot of variety during combat.

Dont need... all 'enemy' are a copy/paste... u can kill all then with 1 single weapon. Done.

I personally couldn't care less about Cyberpunk 2077 being worse off when compared to Rockstar's games in terms of detail, physics and immersion. What I care about is that it's not even on the level of quality of Witcher 3 and that it's less of an RPG than we were promised. CDPR clearly didn't care at all about the community they already had in their pocket. They must have thought that people complaining that Fallout 4 was less of an RPG than any other iteration in the series was just noise. In the end what we got was a gameplay-wise generic ripoff of Far Cry with little to no systems with a stellar linear writing and artistic design, but had clearly no vision. Systems and features have been stripped off of the game with nothing to replace them.

You're telling me that you're pulling out humanity loss, wall climbing, wall running (I wonder where this "verticality" is in game), the flathead, knowing there wouldn't be driveable AVs... ok, reducing the scopes on those aspects sure is going to give them time to focus on the roleplaying and different playstylsed aspects... nope.

Witcher 3 had Gwent, we were going crazy giving CDPR ideas about minigames they could put in and there isn't a single one? And we can't even complain that it detracted from focusing on actual mechanics, because they put none?

The whole, core philosophy behind this game, it being Cyberpunk, and it coming supposedly from a pro-consumer company that was all about "games for gamers, by gamers", that wanted to make "first and foremost an RPG", that aimed at giving us a truly next-gen game... should be to excel at choice and consequence and use the interactive format to aid this. What is next gen about you being able to use pistols, shotguns and rifles?

Why can't I have fucking drones? Why did you seem to draw attention to destructible environments if my monowire isn't even going to chop people in pre-set cinematic ways like Geralt would chop bandits, let alone affect the geometry of models?

Why isn't there choice and consequence? They obviously chopped the three variable lifepath that included childhood heroes and reasons to be in NC to put nothing in its place.

See, this is why Witcher C&C works: You've got a preset character, sure, but any time you get into a moral crossroads all possible choices are very Geralt like, you do a), b) or c) because:
- You are human/ fight for humans.
- But you aren't human, you're a mutant, a non-human and an outcast.
- Coin.
- You kill monsters.
- But witchers prefer lifting curses when possible.
- Humans or other non-humans are the real monsters.
- "Secks."

Now we get a "non-preset PC". The lifepaths give you EXACTLY THE TEMPLATE OF THE CHOICE AND CONSEQUENCE:
- The Nomad -> Libertarian, loyal, romantic, lover of freedom.
- The Corpo -> Anarcho-capitalist, selfish, lover of power, influence and comfort.
- The Streetkid -> The seduction of violence, angry at everything, streetwise, unable or unwilling to escape the past.

And they did nothing with it. The closest I've been to telling characters my opinion the way that I could in Witcher 3 with Zoltan, Yennefer or Regis just to name a few... is a couple of dialogues with Johnny Silverhand. The rest of the dialogues I've had are only:
Option 1: make progress in a pre-set path.
Options 2 and 3: dive deeper into exposition in this or that order.
Option 4: dive deeper into exposition only available through certain stats.

I personally couldn't care less about Cyberpunk 2077 being worse off when compared to Rockstar's games in terms of detail, physics and immersion. What I care about is that it's not even on the level of quality of Witcher 3 and that it's less of an RPG than we were promised. CDPR clearly didn't care at all about the community they already had in their pocket. They must have thought that people complaining that Fallout 4 was less of an RPG than any other iteration in the series was just noise. In the end what we got was a gameplay-wise generic ripoff of Far Cry with little to no systems with a stellar linear writing and artistic design, but had clearly no vision. Systems and features have been stripped off of the game with nothing to replace them.

You're telling me that you're pulling out humanity loss, wall climbing, wall running (I wonder where this "verticality" is in game), the flathead, knowing there wouldn't be driveable AVs... ok, reducing the scopes on those aspects sure is going to give them time to focus on the roleplaying and different playstylsed aspects... nope.

Witcher 3 had Gwent, we were going crazy giving CDPR ideas about minigames they could put in and there isn't a single one? And we can't even complain that it detracted from focusing on actual mechanics, because they put none?

The whole, core philosophy behind this game, it being Cyberpunk, and it coming supposedly from a pro-consumer company that was all about "games for gamers, by gamers", that wanted to make "first and foremost an RPG", that aimed at giving us a truly next-gen game... should be to excel at choice and consequence and use the interactive format to aid this. What is next gen about you being able to use pistols, shotguns and rifles?

Why can't I have fucking drones? Why did you seem to draw attention to destructible environments if my monowire isn't even going to chop people in pre-set cinematic ways like Geralt would chop bandits, let alone affect the geometry of models?

Why isn't there choice and consequence? They obviously chopped the three variable lifepath that included childhood heroes and reasons to be in NC to put nothing in its place.

See, this is why Witcher C&C works: You've got a preset character, sure, but any time you get into a moral crossroads all possible choices are very Geralt like, you do a), b) or c) because:
- You are human/ fight for humans.
- But you aren't human, you're a mutant, a non-human and an outcast.
- Coin.
- You kill monsters.
- But witchers prefer lifting curses when possible.
- Humans or other non-humans are the real monsters.
- "Secks."

Now we get a "non-preset PC". The lifepaths give you EXACTLY THE TEMPLATE OF THE CHOICE AND CONSEQUENCE:
- The Nomad -> Libertarian, loyal, romantic, lover of freedom.
- The Corpo -> Anarcho-capitalist, selfish, lover of power, influence and comfort.
- The Streetkid -> The seduction of violence, angry at everything, streetwise, unable or unwilling to escape the past.

And they did nothing with it. The closest I've been to telling characters my opinion the way that I could in Witcher 3 with Zoltan, Yennefer or Regis just to name a few... is a couple of dialogues with Johnny Silverhand. The rest of the dialogues I've had are only:
Option 1: make progress in a pre-set path.
Options 2 and 3: dive deeper into exposition in this or that order.
Option 4: dive deeper into exposition only available through certain stats.

Agree...

Cdpr are a smalldev compared to rockstar who are the literal masters of the genre. We expected too much

They promised "groundbreaking". They promised meaningful, impactful decisions. Because your memory isn't that great, let me refresh it qith a direct quote form CDPR:

"and that was just a glimpse of how complex the branching storyline in cyberpunk 2077 can get, EVERY decision you make will have consequences, your choices will shape how the world reacts to you and effect your relationships with those around you"

We didn't expect too much. They promised it repeatedly.

More quests in time of gameplay and off time (after main campaign).
My hope is that the city is just a template to add more adventures in the future as story DLC. I would not mind if they release 3 or 4 with the size of Blood and Wine. Commercially would make sense to capitlize on the huge investment to build the city.
Post automatically merged:

They promised "groundbreaking". They promised meaningful, impactful decisions. Because your memory isn't that great, let me refresh it qith a direct quote form CDPR:

Wihout spoiling anything (I completed only the first chapter), how many decision like in "the pickup" are there in the game?

Then call them out about it. Don't just compare a 12th or so installment of a game that's doing an entirely different thing from a game that is on its very 1st installment from a newer company just because they have 3rd person driving and a city setting as the only 2 things that are only ever visually similar.

Hope the never do a Cyberpunk 2 for at least the next 10 years. The city is big enough to put content there indefinetly.
If the engine is highly modular, it's possible. But that would become borderline live service and that is a tricky line to tread on. If they present a roadmap for future content and NOT be like Rockstar's god awful live service. It should be good.

CDPR is a company that prioritizes storytelling above all else. And like all good stories, they all have endings. And the main game-ending for CP, as unsatisfying as it is for some people, I'd like to believe has a purpose. We didn't even see the conclusion for the Peralez story. Note that this is Cyberpunk's very installment. They may have backed off features and revisioned the story this way because of a future purpose. Like, I dunno.. A multiplayer that's faithful to the PnP system?

Because this game clearly didn't turn out to be that full PnP video game translation but is simply an action-story set in that universe. They have the license of the CP universe. Surely they have plans for it.

Last edited:
It's not about comparing CP2077 to any other game (though those comparisons are definitely painful for CDPR). It's about comparing the CP2077 we got to the CP2077 we were promised. That's the comparison CDPR needs to address. If they work hard on delivering what was promised the game will become stellar, and as a side effect the issues that make comparisons so awkward will go away or at least be mitigated somewhat.

Juts give us what you said you'd give us and all will be well. If CDPR can't make that happen, they will continue to be crushed under negative PR.

So what's your point? That the city should be smaller to have more quest per square kilometer? Or they should have added even more quests?
The point was and is that the game is unfinished. And it's not just Heywood district. The only district with lots of quests is Westbrook. More than 50% of the city is empty. Imagine if in TW3 Skellige had just 1 quest...

If the engine is highly modular, it's possible. But that would become borderline live service and that is a tricky line to tread on. If they present a roadmap for future content and NOT be like Rockstar's god awful live service. It should be good.

CDPR is a company that prioritizes storytelling above all else. And like all good stories, they all have endings. And the main game-ending for CP, as unsatisfying as it is for some people, I'd like to believe has a purpose. We didn't even see the conclusion for the Peralez story. Note that this is Cyberpunk's very installment. They may have backed off features and revisioned the story this way because of a future purpose. Like, I dunno.. A multiplayer that's faithful to the PnP system?

Because this game clearly didn't become that full PnP video game translation but is simply an action-story set in that universe. They have the license of the CP universe. Surely they have plans for it.

As i would enjoy the idea of a multyplayer that's faithful to the PNP i can't see it happening not by cd projekt red. Many seem to forget than when cyberpunk was announced back at the time of the first teaser. The pen and paper fans flocked in this very forum giving suggestions and feedback in order to make the game appealing for who is fan of the pen and paper and who enjoy more real time games.

There were discussion and brainstorming for years. We had a thread filled with suggestions and also one that was titled "Your fears for the game" guess what happened?..

Almost nothing of the suggestions thread was implemented and all that appeared on "Your fear for the game" it is what is cyberpunk 2077 today.

This is why i had low expectation for the game however cd projekt red beaten my expectation actually surpassed it and not in a good way.

Is most likely we will have a cooperative Looter Shooter,Deathmatch or a Battle Royale mode for the multyplayer. I have this feeling.

The question is: Do i have trust in cd projekt red?
Answer:No
Second question: Why?
Answer: Because the managment was not competent at all in this game.

Yeah you can only pretty much do nothing but crime and races in gta. Cyberpunk has a shit ton of Black Box missions and PoIs

People don't get the point that this^ is how it's meant to be played in and out of the main and side quests. Not mindlessly driving around crashing on civies

Yep this is something that I think gets lost in peoples complaints I get why people are mad about the A.i and other stuff but It seems like the majority of people just want a game where drive around like your drunk crash into things and abuse the A.i like the stuff you do in Saints row or GTA. The only thing minus the GTA type a.i CP2077 doesnt have for its open world is side activities but how many Side activities did people do in GTA4 or 5 there were more complaints about how slow it takes do to any of the activities in 4 and 5 that most people skipped them "Niko you want to go bowling". The side activites in CP2077 are leagues above GTA 3-5 most of the side things in GTA where either very short like a 5 min shoot out or like the Epsilon missions which were you just driving around and waiting for the in game time to pass so you can go drive around again.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct...lon_Missions&usg=AOvVaw3Nsfmhh9s1cV7Poq0GlE6N

Top Bottom