HDR10+ Question and Weird Issue

+
I have a G9 OLED along with a RTX 4090 running Windows 11 and I have noticed the following issue:

Whenever I change the volume with my keyboard the image becomes much darker when the W11 volume widget appears at the very bottom of the screen. Toggling HDR10+ afterwards restores the brighter image. Does anyone else have this problem?

Also, what is the main benefit of HDR10+ compared to the other HDR setting provided by the game? As far as I know it uses calibrated colour values (don't entirely know what exactly that means) and therefore it should be superior. Correct?

It's possibly related to a visualization of the volume bar while the vilume is being changed, whether it is actually rendered or not.

Without a way to reproduce it myself, thinking of those things to try

- Switch rendering mode to full screen in game's video settings
- Switch also the common windows view to HDR
- Disable that volume bar from being rendered when volume is changed. If possible.
- Google for the issue in general with the volume change and HDR with Wimdows 11

Hey, thanks for the response :)

- Switch rendering mode to full screen in game's video settings
I think I have this setting enabled anyway, but I will need to check.

- Switch also the common windows view to HDR
This one is enabled

- Disable that volume bar from being rendered when volume is changed. If possible.
Unfortunately, this is not possible. (Interestingly enough, the behaviour also occurs when taking a screenshot with "Shift + Print")

- Google for the issue in general with the volume change and HDR with Wimdows 11
Yeah, I will need to take a look again. This only happens with HDR10+ though, normal HDR works as expected.

Top Bottom