Help Understanding Crafting - Why do I end up with much less damage than promised?

+
I've got the Overwatch in Rare from completing Panam's mission. It's ok, but because I have Grease Monkey, I can craft an Epic version of it.

The crafting preview for the weapon says the damage will be between 549-726 (which is a LOT better than the version I have!), but when I craft it, it comes out epic and only does 401-491, which is a slight improvement over what I had, but certainly not worth the ability and perk points I invested to be able to craft Epic gear.

What am I doing wrong here? Is this a bug? Why would it show me one set of numbers and then do a completely different set?

Because the stats which appear in the crafting tab still a little buggy ;)
(But at the end, whatever the stats in the crafting tab, you always end with the same "real" stats).

Its a level thing, you arent supposed to make a weapon that is way better than your level. The damage given in the crafting tab is the normal value if you were high enough level (epic is between 30-40, the value is probably for level 40, not sure).

Its like finding legendary clothing at level 25, it will have 100 armour instead of the 200 you would get if you found it at level 50. I always waited with upgrading certain things to legendary until I am level 50 because of of it

I thought it might be something like that, but then why is the weapon's level not prominently shown in the stats? You'd think that would be important information.

I thought it might be something like that, but then why is the weapon's level not prominently shown in the stats? You'd think that would be important information.
When you craft an item, it's set at your level directly (or one level below). So in short, the level of the item is your current level.
But it's a bug, I'm sure (or at least, an annoying "thing"), which need to be reported :)

Top Bottom