Help with Black Widow sniper build

+
Hi! So I'm working with the 1.6 skilltree and I'm trying to figure out how to build a tech-sniper specifically around the 'Black Widow' tech rifle. I need advice big-time because I went with mantis blades and throwing knives on my 1st playthrough...and just basically slow-motioned my way through an endless 'Wolverine' action sequence. It took no fine-tuning whatsoever. lol! But this time, I kind-of jumped on Youtube and watched a dozen conflicting 'Black Widow Build' shorts? And I'm actually more confused than ever after going that route. lol! My idea is simple. I kinda just wanna build an 'XCOM 2 Reaper' Nomad V who specializes in chem/poison damage. So do I take cool/reflexes/tech to 20 or reflexes/tech/intel to 20 and toss whatever's left into cool? In other words, is it better to go with a chem-tech-sniper who uses contagion hacks for backup or a stealthy one with poison knives for a backup? Or is it technically possible to fine-tune a build to both? I dunno. Figured I'd ask! Can't be the only player who had that totally unoriginal idea. lol!

Hmm 1.6 implies you are playing on an old gen console? If yes its a bit tricky to give proper advice since all planner you can find on a quick google search are updated to the 2.0 skill-rework... however i can give you my personal opinion about your post above.

If it comes to cool/reflex/tech or reflex/tech/int i personally would avoid int in general. because if you get used to use contagion you will most probably end up in playing a pure netrunner without touching your weapons ever again... if you wanna focus on sniper/tech rifles take the non-quickhack route and use the knifes & cool poison perks as backup. contagion (as far as i remember) wont take advantage of the cool perks since it wasnt/isnt the same poison - but i might be wrong here... its been a while since i played on 1.63....

anyways if your goal is to go the sniper or techweapon way i personally would avoid quickhacks at all and focus on elemental dmg and a sandevista/berserk operation system rather than a cyberdeck :)

sincerly yours
=)

contagion (as far as i remember) wont take advantage of the cool perks since it wasnt/isnt the same poison - but i might be wrong here... its been a while since i played on 1.63....
It for sure works. One of the last builds I played in 1.6 used contagion combined with the perk in the cool tree to get auto crits with a baseball bat.

Top Bottom