Hotfix: patch files on another drive. Requirement is now 118GB/256GB of the SSD. Please!

+
I love the game, and it's gonna get better.

But please, we need those hotfixes, make it possible to use drive D: on Gog.com to patch Cyberpunk 2077, then overwrite game files back into the original installation drive C: when ready. I cannot make 2x59=118GB free for this game, all on the same drive, all on C: (my SSD) where my OS, Windows 10, is. The SSD is just 256 GB, it's absurd that due to programming it's not possible to select another folder for patching and 118 GB, almost half, of the SSD should be needed.

Use space on C: for the game (fast on SSD), whenever an update is needed, ok, take another 59 GB, but take them from D:, not C.

Please! It's a simple thing, a few lines of code, but it makes lives hard unnecessarily.

I am getting the "no space on C:" error on Gog.com. C: is my SSD and I removed the unimaginable from there to get the 59 GB to install CP2077. Now I need another 59 GB just to patch the game. I managed to delete more things, and got to 50 GB. Disappointed, I copied the entire Local folder from Users/AppData (the one containing Local, LocalLow, Roaming) to D:, destabilizing the whole system just to get the patch done. Then moved stuff back from D: to C:, getting all sorts of errors due to Windows using AppData constantly to do stuff. On D: I also don't have more than 80 GB free, so I couldn't even move the game to the slower HDD on D:, because then I would need 118 GB there and it would be even slow, given it's not an SSD.

It is just not amenable that one would have to move critical data every time a hotfix is released.

Please! It's a no brainer.
Post automatically merged:

If somebody has found a fix for this that allows one to patch up a hotfix on another drive instead of the same drive as the installation folder, please write it down here.

I tried a symlink (mklink junction), but that gets GOG Galaxy stuck and returns another type of error, "drive not accessible", instead of "no space".

Last edited:
the only fix I could give you is to downlod the files manually from the gog web page without using galaxy

Top Bottom