How does Ballista work?

+

rrc

Forum veteran
How does Ballista work?

Lets say the opponent has 5 cards with STRs 11, 10 10, 9, 8. How does the Ballista work in this scenario. If I choose the 11 STR opponent, does it make it 10 and then attacks all the units with 10 power and make them 9. How does it work if it is crewed?

I had been screwed because of crewed ballista, but before I could realize what happens, it is all done. Can someone please explain how it works (with two examples of opponents STR having 11, 10, 10, 9, 8 and if the opponent has 8, 8, 8, 8, 8 something like that) and how best to use it? I thought Ballista will not be useful in most situations, but I face them more often than Battering Ram or Reinforced Ballista.

You need to manually target with Ballistae. So, in your scenario you could choose to target the 11, then (with one Crew card placed next to the Ballista) the two 10's, and finally the three 9's if the Ballista is between two Crew cards.

No Crew: Ballista fires once
1 Crew: Ballista fires twice
2 Crew: Ballista fires thrice

opponents STR having 11, 10, 10, 9, 8:
I would go for the 10's, then 9's and finally 8's for maximum damage (2, 3, 4). Another option would be 11, then 10's, then 9's.

if the opponent has 8, 8, 8, 8, 8
Ballistae can hit a maximum of five units at once, so with two Crew you'd be able to hit all the 8's into 7's into 6's into 5's.

Ballistae are efficient against decks that have multiple units with the same STR -- or you can use them to set up juicy Scorches. :D

• RED Point
Reactions: rrc

rrc

Forum veteran
Muffliato;n10902191 said:
You need to manually target with Ballistae. So, in your scenario you could choose to target the 11, then (with one Crew card placed next to the Ballista) the two 10's, and finally the three 9's if the Ballista is between two Crew cards.

No Crew: Ballista fires once
1 Crew: Ballista fires twice
2 Crew: Ballista fires thrice

opponents STR having 11, 10, 10, 9, 8:
I would go for the 10's, then 9's and finally 8's for maximum damage (2, 3, 4). Another option would be 11, then 10's, then 9's.

if the opponent has 8, 8, 8, 8, 8
Ballistae can hit a maximum of five units at once, so with two Crew you'd be able to hit all the 8's into 7's into 6's into 5's.

Ballistae are efficient against decks that have multiple units with the same STR -- or you can use them to set up juicy Scorches. :D

Thanks Muffiliato! The description kind of confused me. It says 'Deal 1 damage to an enemy *and* up to 4 enemies with the same power'. I understood it as 'and then' and got confused, that, after I attack an enemy for 1 damage, it will choose 4 other targets with the same STR (after the 1st damage). I just did a dry run in casual game. Now my question kind of seems extremely dumb :p

Top Bottom