Idea: Limit Weather to 2 Zones

+
Idea: Limit Weather to 2 Zones

Pretty much every thing in the titel.

Longer version:
Had a few games against monsters, where they overcommitted in round 1, I gave them the round and round 2 they played either all 3 weathers one by one or ragh nar roog (the card that spawns all weathers at once).
If your class doesn't have access to weather resistent units and you don't have clear skies (which both are very likely), the round is pretty much over for you.

I know anti weather cards will be coming in a somewhat near future, but I think which this change weather would feel less oppressing.

edit: Intension is not to nerf monster, but rather to improve the enjoyment of the game, because right now I think weather is the least fun to play against.

Last edited:
No thanks. Loads of people diversify their rows, meaning that weather is just about the only way to counter that sometimes. Between that and the fact that weather is literally the only thing that the Monster faction has going for it, I can't say I'd agree with any sort of nerf.

TH3WITCH3R
I agree with what you said in your post in some regard.

The Monster Weather Gold Cards are straight up overpowered.

Take for example the Woodland Spirit:
With your foglets you get 16 Power (7+3x1+3x2) in 7 bodys, great synergy with Thunderbolt Potion, very low to no risk (no good counter, never a dead card in hand) AND you get the fucking fog.
Even if the fog does nothing to the other player, it's still a hell of a card and there's very few Gold cards that can match that power level.

I'm not sure, if agree with the nerf you suggested, but I can't think of a better one, that wouldn't be a complet rework of the card, right now.

@
Fillory;n7019720 said:
No thanks. Loads of people diversify their rows, meaning that weather is just about the only way to counter that sometimes. Between that and the fact that weather is literally the only thing that the Monster faction has going for it, I can't say I'd agree with any sort of nerf.

What? Just what???
Diversifying your rows is the way to counterplay weather right. As TH3WITCH3R already said, Clear Skies is unplayable, because is a dead card vs. more that 50% of decks. And even if u play Clear Skies vs Monster, you loss a LOT of value by playing it:
Your units lose their buffs, and if the other guy plays like Woodland or an other card that spawns weather and also does something else, they keep their Woodland while u gain nothing.

So basically what you said was that other classes shouldn't have the option to counterplay weather, because monster than could not "counterplay" them playing units.
Which is not even true, because blocking 2 out of 3 rows is still a big deal.
The monster player can even wait for the other guy to play his stuff and then decide which weather cards to use.

And even if monster ended up being to weak, that's no big deal at all.
It's a beta, most likely every class will be op and very weak at some point in the beta, because the devs should be trying a lot of stuff to see what works best.
So if nerfs to weather make monster weak, they'll surely get their buffs at some point.

Last edited:
The issue isnt with weather, its with the fact that there are so few cards that deal with weather and also have value outside of a weather matchup.

Looking at Woodland Spirit, its a great card because not only does it provide weather, but it also provides solid stats + 3 more bodies. Its a good card regardless of weather synergy.

Other factions simply need a few cards like Woodland Spirit that synergize with the rest of their deck, counter weather but also provide solid value (but not amazing value) in other, non weather, matchups. A silver bullet like Clear Skies is never going to be a thing unless it works well in other matchups (and i think probably only scoia currently has that luxury)

Last edited:
@OP
Well, what am I supposed to do with my Ragh Nar Roog then?
The solution must be found in the middle... like cards with weather protection.

cheeto101;n7024360 said:
The issue isnt with weather, its with the fact that there are so few cards that deal with weather and also have value outside of a weather matchup.

Looking at Woodland Spirit, its a great card because not only does it provide weather, but it also provides solid stats + 3 more bodies. Its a good card regardless of weather synergy.

Other factions simply need a few cards like Woodland Spirit that synergize with the rest of their deck, counter weather but also provide solid value (but not amazing value) in other, non weather, matchups. A silver bullet like Clear Skies is never going to be a thing unless it works well in other matchups (and i think probably only scoia currently has that luxury)

What do you think of card with a "choose one" effect?
Like either remove weather of 1 row u choose or spawn 2 Monkeys (2 Power, no effect).
That's a way to make the card usefull in all matchups and the remove weather isn't wasted vs other matchups and in the weather match up the card is also not op, because u don't get the other effect.

HenryGrosmont
LOL, I didn't even realise that ;D
Honestly I have no idea.

The first thing that came to mind, was to let you pick 2 rows.
But that's stupidly op in scoiatael (green).
The silver card that lets you pick 1 rows, is already pretty good in that deck, because they can choose in which row to put their units (at least of the most part) and you can search it with the hero power (that lets u play a silver card from your deck).

ccv123;n7024500 said:
What do you think of card with a "choose one" effect?
Like either remove weather of 1 row u choose or spawn 2 Monkeys (2 Power, no effect).
That's a way to make the card usefull in all matchups and the remove weather isn't wasted vs other matchups and in the weather match up the card is also not op, because u don't get the other effect.

Exactly. A card that has flexibility to counter an effect while still having a use in other matchups.

Or if they are dead set on making Clear Skies a thing, give it a buff to all friendly units or some value outside of weather.

cheeto101;n7024720 said:
Exactly. A card that has flexibility to counter an effect while still having a use in other matchups.

Or if they are dead set on making Clear Skies a thing, give it a buff to all friendly units or some value outside of weather.

Imho there is no way to make Clear Skies a playable card.

Lets compare a weather card to clear weather:

Weather Card:
-medium to low risk
the other player might not play anything in that row, but most weather cards to something outside of doing weather to 1 row (even if just pulling foglets), so they're not useless in that case
-reward is X + Y
X is the power the units lose from their base power
Y are the buffs they lose to the weather

Clear Skies:
-very high risk
The card is very likely to be useless (wrong match up), unless they buff like "and also give all units in a row of your choice +2 power". But imo then it's not rly "Clear Skies" anymore because it became a "buff your dudes" card rather then a anti-weather card. Reworks that change the core element of something are pretty bad imo.

and this is the even more important part:
reward is only X

You play a reactive counter card with high risk, that doesn't even counter weather, it just makes it less bad. Because u don't get your buffs back.
Clear Skies is just lose-lose.

What do you think of weather only removing base power?
I mean for the UI and simplicity aspect, it's pretty bad, but from the gameplay aspect it might not be too bad.
Or maybe that would make weather cards just rly bad and almost unplayable.

Top Bottom