(Idea)Put Cyberpunk Edgerunners Episodes into game.

+
I would love to watch the Series in the actual game on the apartment screen, No like? Make it possible to full screen that bad boy and girl! Ask Netflix for liscense in game for a one time fee. Kinda mold the two into one area, Yes i have Netflix and have Cyberpunk complete edition. Just saying.. thought it would be awesome if it was possible to do. *cheers*

To be honest I didn't even like the inclusion of items in the game and I avoided them. Some people, like myself disliked the anime and I'm sure many others who don't watch anime in general didn't watch it so I'd rather not have it shoved in players face in the game. If it's some optional thing then sure but I doubt it

To be honest I didn't even like the inclusion of items in the game and I avoided them. Some people, like myself disliked the anime and I'm sure many others who don't watch anime in general didn't watch it so I'd rather not have it shoved in players face in the game. If it's some optional thing then sure but I doubt it
Nope not smashing it in peoples faces was not my idea. If it ever was a thing it would have to be paid for since its a Netflix exclusive. Cant buy a physical copy anywhere. And no im not buying it from Japan

Wouldn’t make any sense… if at all it would have to be a kind of documentary but even than… please not : /

Being able to watch the serie in the game doesn't make any sense to me... love the game, like the series, but nope :)
It's a bizarre add on For Immersion, And just a random idea. I would love it for my Megatower apartment! It doesnt have to make sense to you friend. They have more Edgerunners merch than actual Phantom liberty merch Now that makes no sense to me. And what about Trauma Team? Great idea never did much with it. lol!!! Its good to chat with you LeKill3rFou Grats! on your forum veteran status! Picking on my bizarre ideas thanks a lot bro lololololol.

I would love to watch the Series in the actual game on the apartment screen, No like? Make it possible to full screen that bad boy and girl! Ask Netflix for liscense in game for a one time fee. Kinda mold the two into one area, Yes i have Netflix and have Cyberpunk complete edition. Just saying.. thought it would be awesome if it was possible to do. *cheers*
Thought you meant a gig to roleplay them. Well, if they are to replace those two ads then I'm rooting for ya.

It's a bizarre add on For Immersion, And just a random idea. I would love it for my Megatower apartment! It doesnt have to make sense to you friend. They have more Edgerunners merch than actual Phantom liberty merch Now that makes no sense to me. And what about Trauma Team? Great idea never did much with it. lol!!! Its good to chat with you LeKill3rFou Grats! on your forum veteran status! Picking on my bizarre ideas thanks a lot bro lololololol.
It's not the same as little easter eggs or items. Edgerunner events happen year before Cyberpunk 2077. So it's not too strange and make a bit of sense to find items (David's jacket or Rebecca shotgun) or even the BD that David watched, in the same way like you can find Johnny gun or porsche fifty years later.
But "watching" the serie itself, like if it was an "in-game" series, doesn't make any sense at all (to me^^). From the game perspective, it's not a "Series", it's "real events" which really happened.
Rebecca really died, David really died and so on :)

Without speaking of Netflix which would probably don't like to see the serie available for free for everyone which bought the game :)

Last edited:
It's not the same as little easter eggs or items. Edgerunner events happen year before Cyberpunk 2077. So it's not too strange and make a bit of sense to find items (David's jacket or Rebecca shotgun) or even the BD that David watched, in the same way like you can find Johnny gun or porsche fifty years later.
But "watching" the serie itself, like if it was an "in-game" series, doesn't make any sense at all (to me^^). From the game perspective, it's not a "Series", it's "real events" which really happened.
Rebecca really died, David really died and so on :)

Without speaking of Netflix which would probably don't like to see the serie available for free for everyone which bought the game :)
Okay i have no idea what you're talking about. lol:ohstopit:
Post automatically merged:

Thought you meant a gig to roleplay them. Well, if they are to replace those two ads then I'm rooting for ya.
Thank you for a great idea! This was what i was hoping for when i posted this thread. apparently my vision was lost since conception. Have a great day!

Last edited:
Okay i have no idea what you're talking about. lol:ohstopit:
The edgerunner story played in Night City just a few years ago - V can get in contact with one of the crewmember (Falco) and loot some items like David’s Jacket or Rebecca’s shotgun because they were present in this/Vs universe.

therefor it wouldn’t make sense to make „Edgerunner“ an action series or anime which V could watch on TV or BD because everything what happened were real events in his/her world. ^^

it’s like you would ask for a tv-show which shows Johnnys heist on Arasaka f.e. …

Last edited:
How about the ability to watch the Bushido movies instead?
There's footage of Bushido X that you can watch at the drive-in, seems like [another] missed opportunity to have that as viewable in V's apartment.

I've never seen the anime but think this is a fantastic idea and something that will, given whatever technological or legal challenges that need to be overcome to achieve, undoubtedly feature in games of the future.

I was going to mention the braindance you can find in the game that features David Martinez and looked up the name before writing only to find that it actually is an Edgerunner character. That little diversion in the game, I thought, was amazing. I didn't know it existed and so thought I was just doing a random side job and then got a dose of a really great anime sequence as a result.

So this is definitely a doable concept.

In the Cannon..... Edgerunners ends about 1 year before the events of 2077, I think if you play as street Kid V they even say something about it happening right before V gets back into town.

SO having it as a fully watchable show would make absolutely ZERO sense in terms of "Immersion" they were real events that took place in that world, you can even get in contact with one of the members of the crew, they also added easter eggs into the world referencing the characters and their fates.

If the show is in the game fully, not just the BD David watched at the beginning which can be found, it opens up SOOO many questions from a lore standpoint that literally break immersion. Who Recorded it? why? who put it on Tv? Why is V watching it? Is it a super rare XBD? or does everyone know?

Also it breaks the story line tie in they added way back in 1.6, It's a mystery what happened to David's crew after Edgerunners ended, at least it is "In world" i think the line is something like "They made a lot of noise then went quiet" SO if there is a BD/TV series/Documentary floating around about them surely a Fixer would know more details than that. Even if it's an underground XBD surely El Capitan or any of the other fixers would have gotten wind of it, the crew were regulars at The Afterlife.

Plus, with all of the licensing stuff, logistics, possible cost to the player. And the fact that the game won't be getting much more support as the team moves on to other things.... Just watch it on Netflix. At least that's my opinion on it.... Having said ALL of that......

I'm never against player choice, good service, and having an option, so in the off chance that it is an entirely ignorable thing, that isn't forced in with an update, isn't done in an intrusive way, and doesn't cost the player anything, Sure why not let people who want to watch that way have the choice.... I guess.

:shrug:

How about the ability to watch the Bushido movies instead?
There's footage of Bushido X that you can watch at the drive-in, seems like [another] missed opportunity to have that as viewable in V's apartment.
Exactly! That would be perfect add on! I was always wondering about those movies!
Post automatically merged:

In the Cannon..... Edgerunners ends about 1 year before the events of 2077, I think if you play as street Kid V they even say something about it happening right before V gets back into town.

SO having it as a fully watchable show would make absolutely ZERO sense in terms of "Immersion" they were real events that took place in that world, you can even get in contact with one of the members of the crew, they also added easter eggs into the world referencing the characters and their fates.

If the show is in the game fully, not just the BD David watched at the beginning which can be found, it opens up SOOO many questions from a lore standpoint that literally break immersion. Who Recorded it? why? who put it on Tv? Why is V watching it? Is it a super rare XBD? or does everyone know?

Also it breaks the story line tie in they added way back in 1.6, It's a mystery what happened to David's crew after Edgerunners ended, at least it is "In world" i think the line is something like "They made a lot of noise then went quiet" SO if there is a BD/TV series/Documentary floating around about them surely a Fixer would know more details than that. Even if it's an underground XBD surely El Capitan or any of the other fixers would have gotten wind of it, the crew were regulars at The Afterlife.

Plus, with all of the licensing stuff, logistics, possible cost to the player. And the fact that the game won't be getting much more support as the team moves on to other things.... Just watch it on Netflix. At least that's my opinion on it.... Having said ALL of that......

I'm never against player choice, good service, and having an option, so in the off chance that it is an entirely ignorable thing, that isn't forced in with an update, isn't done in an intrusive way, and doesn't cost the player anything, Sure why not let people who want to watch that way have the choice.... I guess.

:shrug:
Again its really entertainment inserted into Entertainment, Its just a weird and likable idea i had. I feel BD's should have been a bigger thing but hey We have the future right. Cyberpunk 2 !Thanks for your response.

Last edited:
Again its really entertainment inserted into Entertainment, Its just a weird and likable idea i had. I feel BD's should have been a bigger thing but hey We have the future right. Cyberpunk 2 !Thanks for your response.

I agree BDs are entirely underused, with the exception of a few story related Bds they don't really do anything, and all of the BDs you can buy/loot are "Not Compatible with your wreath" It's a little disappointing so from an immersion standpoint, 100% agree that there should be more watchable Bds I think there are only 2 BDs that V can watch that aren't in "Editing Mode" to investigate and even those 2 are still linked to missions in some way, SO yes more BDs..... just Edgerunners as a BD still feels like a strange choice to me.... But again, I guess if they did put it in (Which I Highly doubt at this point) ... but it's like hidden, or you need to go out of your way to unlock it, and people who don't want the Lore/continuity issues can 100% ignore it.... then sure it's fine.

while the idea is cool, i really doubt netflix would just let cdpr have the rights to put the whole show into their game.

while the idea is cool, i really doubt netflix would just let cdpr have the rights to put the whole show into their game.
I actually think this kind of thing is inevitable. It's just deals, really. Technologically, there doesn't seem to be much in the way of barriers. Multi-level multi-media to sell you multiple things, multiple times. It'd probably be something like requiring a subscription to watch something, or micro-transactions, like per episode or something, with bonus gear if you watch, etc.

To be clear, I'm not talking about CDPR or Cyberpunk specifically, just in general. It's a pretty logical evolution, when you think about it.

Top Bottom